What do you do when you're home alone?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm home A LOT lol waiting for this new job (only part time sadly) that I got to start. I'm really bored and looking for things to do. Thing is I don't really have any by-myself habits that I do, apart from going online, and I'm getting bored with the internet a bit.

What sorts of things do you fill your day with if it's just you and there's nothing in particular to be done? Do you do anything weird seeing as its just you? lol. I've tried the obvious- walking around naked- but it wasn't as entertaining as I'd thought and frankly a bit cold.
biggrin.gif

In terms of hobbies I love to knit and read, but I want some real activities that I can do, like making things or playing things. Any suggestions?

Well... You probably wouldn't like crossdressing, Lucy? Lol. And I don't do the maked thing either... Be kind of like cross-underssing!

Otherwise... I'm always working on some kind of home remodeling project.. Fixing broken things.. Refinishing things.. Gardening... Playing ice hockey... Exersizing (un-naked) ..

My SO is into scanning in old photos and scrapbooking... And coming up with lists of stuff I need to do.. How about scanning in all your parents old photos and make some kind of digital scrapbook for them?

I read, play computer games, write, listen to music as loud as I want... things like that lol!

me and my bf have different days off so usually im home alone alot so depends on my moods but usually...clean house, watch tv, talk on phone, internet, jam to music, do some crafts, and so on lol

I don't really like to watch TV at night and I often work in the evenings which means I miss shows, so a lot of times I'll rent/buy TV series and watch them if I'm alone.

Also cooking. I learned how to make meals using a crockpot (it takes them all day long to cook) and taught myself how to bake bread (also takes all day for it to rise).

You can also exercise in private, which I prefer.

I like to watch court shows in the day, I don't know if you guys have those. I also like to dance flamenco when I'm alone, I took classes so I know how to do it. It's good exercise.

I wouldn't do the naked thing though especially if you live with your parents, you

d always be paranoid of when their coming home.

i crochet, play computer games (i am obsessed with sims and sim city type games, i also read quite a bit.

I do not do the whole being naked cause idk i like clothes and i live with my parents.

You could also do video games, movies, art projects or gardening.

Well i read, go on the internet, play with my cat, watch videos.

When doing things i like to listen to music, it gets me in the mood i suppose. Then i bake cookies, pancakes, things i can eat for breakfast.

I'm not a very crafty person, mostly because i'm clumsy. Recently i made felt pouches for the few crystals i own. You can also make jewelry with beads, maybe get a few swarovski crystals.

I like cross stitching although it takes time to have something completed.

I like to read things about herbs, so i browse online and in books and type everything.

i also exercise, and after sometimes i indulge in a bath with fizzy or bubbly things inside, like those bath bombs from Lush or the bath fizzy cubes from Sephora.

aw, you guys all do such interesting things. mags, i'd totally spend all day playing with my cat if i could but she goes outside ALL DAY and won't come in until the evening. it's like she doesn't realise she's there for entertaining me lol.

orange i would LOVE to get back into the sims but i don't think there's room for it on my laptop, and the desktop pc we have is totally old and wouldn't be able to power it even if there was space on that. i love the sims though, it comes out on nintendo DS in a few months over here so i'm going to get myself on the waiting list for it.

LOL karren!! i guess i could cross dress.. but that would mean raiding my dad's wardrobe and i don't think any of his stuff would fit me!
lol.gif

i think i might take up baking, or something like that.

Strap a pillow to your stomach to simulate 40 years of beer drining and they will fit just fine!
biggrin.gif

When I'm home alone I pretty much spend the whole day naked or in my underwear. I just feel more comfortable that way. I watch movies my boyfriend would never watch with me. Browse the net, look for vintage clothes. Try and refrain from spending too much on ebay. Read. Eat the junk Jon usually shouts at me for stuffing in my mouth. I try different clothes on to find different outfit combos. I tidy and organise my wardrobe and Jon's. Talk to the guinea pig (as in full blown conversations) and chat to friends online. I play WoW and various coffee break games like Peggle and Bejewelled.

I watch TV - court shows... maybe a couple of TV movies, internet, cook, clean, play with my makeup...

Another vote for court shows! I also exercise and practice shaking my booty like I'm in a rap video. that's always super fun! lol

Originally Posted by sooperficial /img/forum/go_quote.gif Another vote for court shows! I also exercise and practice shaking my booty like I'm in a rap video. that's always super fun! lol LMAO sooper!!! i do that too. when i was unpacking and sorting out my room last week i had some beyonce on in the background- when she's on, my bum has a mind of its own!
hollie i guess when you're living with someone it's more of a treat to have the house to yourself. i'd do all the things i didn't want my boyfriend to see too. it's different when it's just you and the parents though!

karren my dad's nowhere near that big! it's more the fact that i'm tiny!

I watch movies that noone else wanted to watch with me or that I don't want them to know I watched - usually scary ones. I look for soap recipes and maybe try to make them. I clean the house. If I have the whole day, I'd steam clean the carpets. If its nice, I'd garden.

I dance, do exercise work outs, sun bathe, go to the pool (right across the street), go online, skype friends, and I make up jingles for my dog.... (no joke) hehe
smile.gif

I was jobless for a while last year, so I feel ya! But then again I grew up an only child so I handle solitude pretty well! Played computer, watched some TV, cleaned, read books. Mostly that and I was pretty content!

Maybe play around with your makeup a bit? Try some wild looks, do the Dare to Be challenges, even ones that are over if you like the idea!

Originally Posted by Sherbert-Kisses /img/forum/go_quote.gif Talk to the guinea pig (as in full blown conversations) and chat to friends online. I'm sorry but that was so funny!
rofl.gif

Well, I'm a sahm so aside from doing mommy things and cooking or cleaning, I browse the web for recipes. I lloooovvvee searching for new recipes and recreating them. I swim and tan out back, watch tv shows, garden (which it isn't doing very well right now), re-organize the closets or furniture, and I find ways to decorate in new ways with stuff I already have.

^^^^^

I love talking to my dog and having conversations with her. Everything from "what should I wear Julieta", to " Hey Julieta, let's go get something to eat".

Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif ^^^^^
I love talking to my dog and having conversations with her. Everything from "what should I wear Julieta", to " Hey Julieta, let's go get something to eat".

lol.gif

Back