What do you make of the Ines Sainz controversy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She shouldn't be surprised at the reaction, and as a grown woman she should be able to have an idea of what message her clothing will project. Why did she wear a bikini in the photo shoot? To create a particular image of herself. Why wear a business suit to a job interview? To create a particular image of yourself as responsible and worth hiring. I liken it to things like leaving your purse in an unlocked car. Of course you should be able to leave your own purse in your own car and not have it stolen, but that's not the world we live in is it? Choosing to dress the way she does means accepting the image that comes along with it, just as tattooing, out of the ordinary piercings, etc. You take the good with the bad.

Originally Posted by Darla /img/forum/go_quote.gif I work with one or two Hispanic guys. I will have to ask them what they think. I can say anything to them without them getting offended. We had a real interesting discussion on illegal immigration recently. lol this is like when someone says "im not racist, i have a black friend!" lol it just reminded me of that.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif She shouldn't be surprised at the reaction, and as a grown woman she should be able to have an idea of what message her clothing will project. Why did she wear a bikini in the photo shoot? To create a particular image of herself. Why wear a business suit to a job interview? To create a particular image of yourself as responsible and worth hiring. I liken it to things like leaving your purse in an unlocked car. Of course you should be able to leave your own purse in your own car and not have it stolen, but that's not the world we live in is it? Choosing to dress the way she does means accepting the image that comes along with it, just as tattooing, out of the ordinary piercings, etc. You take the good with the bad. I agree with this all day long. If you dont want a fish to get on your hook, dont bait it. She wanted what she received, negative attention, and like someone said it wasnt her that complained, it was other people. So in reality we (readers) care about something she dosent because she likes the attention

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif Aren´t comments like "she was asking for it, dressed like such a ho" something rapists commonly say? That´s why it bothers me when females say something similar. What´s with the judgement?
This is very true! I hear it all the time when women are raped, "What did she expect, did you see what she was wearing?", "that's what happens when you go out dressed like a ho". Nobody deserved to be mistreated regardless of what they are wearing, especially if your at work. She obviously had credentials and was granted an interview so she's a professional worth equal treatment say to Linda Cohn or Erin Andrews.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif lol this is like when someone says "im not racist, i have a black friend!" lol it just reminded me of that. hey i was trying to make you laugh. I did bring this up over lunch with my one friend who is Chilean. He just thought she was a big joke. Ok he is my sole Hispanic reference point because there is no one else where i live or work that is Hispanic. I think it best when you don't make a point of making any kind of distinction as to anyone's ethnicity.

Back