What do you use your fan brush for?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A fan brush is basically used for highlighting or dusting off excess powder from the face (especially if u are applying pigments on your eyes, and the pigments drop off to your under eye, u can use the fan brush to brush it off)

A fan brush is dead useful for highlighting your face as well. You will never go overhanded with a fan brush when you are highlightning your face with shimmery powders. Because it's not dense, it will not pick up too much powder so you don't have to worry about lookin like a greaseball when you are using it.

In short, i basically use my fan brush for:

1. Highlight my cheekbones, area under my eyes, T-zone

2. Dust off excess powder from the face

It's a must have for me when i'm doing my make up. If i use the MAC 129, sometimes i may go overhand with the highlightning powder. And both the 129 and 187 are too big imho to highlight areas of my face such as the undereye area and the nose. Gotta use a fan brush to highlight for such areas

I don't have one but I'm tempted to buy a couple cheap ones. I know their good for removing excess eye shadow under the eyes or for light applications of face powder. I saw one girl on youtube use one to contour her cheeks which is the main reason I want one

what kind of highlighter do you guys use is there a standard type and what brands are good? i would love to experiment with them

I've had my fan brush forever. Just recently, I came acrossed it & figured it must have some purpose so I did some research. Like many ladies have posted- it's useful when it comes to highlighting. Since I'm obsessed with highlighting my check bones, it's now used on a daily basis- I luv it- it's a must have!

what kind of highlighter do you guys use is there a standard type and what brands are good? i would love to experiment with them
I have a couple different highlighters that I'm in love with. I have a couple different colors depending on the blush/contour that I'm using that day. The balm has a great gold color- it's called mary loumanizer, also I just got a 3 pack of liquid stila highlighters- this is a great starter kit because you get 3 colors, I also have a liquid smash box that I luv luv.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have one but I'm tempted to buy a couple cheap ones. I know their good for removing excess eye shadow under the eyes or for light applications of face powder. I saw one girl on youtube use one to contour her cheeks which is the main reason I want one
i'm with you on this one! i totally want to buy a couple of cheap ones too.. hmm elf? coastal scents? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back