What exactly do you need to apply to MAC or Sephora?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, I just realized how old this post was!! I said the exact same thing both times I replied!

Originally Posted by MACGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif lol, I just realized how old this post was!! I said the exact same thing both times I replied! lol.

Hey Guys, great news, I got the job at Sephora here in montreal, it's gonna be a brand new store opening june 13th! I'm very excited, training starts in 2 weeks! Does anyone know if we get to choose what section of the store we want to work in?

For Sephora there isn't a lot of experience required...As long as you have good cust. service skills thats a plus! I've been working there for three years and its a great place to strengthen your skills as well gain more experience.When I was hired I had no makeup or skin experience...Just apply!!!!! If you have passion for what you do there is no doubt you wouldn't get hired...GOOD LUCK! GOOOOO FOR IT!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Megs /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hey Guys, great news, I got the job at Sephora here in montreal, it's gonna be a brand new store opening june 13th! I'm very excited, training starts in 2 weeks! Does anyone know if we get to choose what section of the store we want to work in? They usually let you know what world you'd be in when you're hired...They kind of put you where they feel you might fit...When I applied I did not want to do skincare and of course thats where I was put...But I absolutely love it now!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Megs /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hey Guys, great news, I got the job at Sephora here in montreal, it's gonna be a brand new store opening june 13th! I'm very excited, training starts in 2 weeks! Does anyone know if we get to choose what section of the store we want to work in? a big congrats to you! hope you love your new job.

Originally Posted by ticki /img/forum/go_quote.gif a big congrats to you! hope you love your new job. Thank you so much, I know its gonna be a great place to work! I cant wait!

Originally Posted by PiinkLady /img/forum/go_quote.gif They usually let you know what world you'd be in when you're hired...They kind of put you where they feel you might fit...When I applied I did not want to do skincare and of course thats where I was put...But I absolutely love it now!
smile.gif
Thanks a lot! I hope they put me in make-up! What other "worlds" are there?

Originally Posted by Megs /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thank you so much, I know its gonna be a great place to work! I cant wait!

Thanks a lot! I hope they put me in make-up! What other "worlds" are there?

Your Welcome!
smile.gif
There is Skincare & Fragrance... and there is a Sephora Lingo you'll get used to lol...you'll see what I mean when you start your training...its really fun because lets say they put you in Color you're constantly back in forth between worlds so you get to build your knowledge on everything...And the trainings are fun too!
smile.gif
Best of luck!

I worked seasonal at Sephora with Jennifer and Piinklady!
biggrin.gif

You don't necessarily need makeup experience at Sephora but if you have retail experience or having dealt with clients at previous jobs is a BIG plus. They look for that when applying. I have minimal experience when I applied and the asst manager liked my makeup application. Also I was allowed to do some makeup consultations. When you're hired for seasonal you're really not supposed to (hehe) MAC however is a different story. All the MA's I spoke to says that they started off at some other counter or Sephora before getting their foot into MAC. There are a select few who probably did get hired right into MAC, but their makeup application were exceptional good and they were really good with providing customer service.

I just had 3 interviews yesterday at the MACY's for the MAC counter and the procedure is tedious. I had a pre-screening interview with someone else before speaking to the cosmetics manager. After the cosmetics manager okayed me, was I able to interview for the MAC manager. The MAC manager did intimidate me a lil but I knew my MAC sh*t (lol) I have a demo interview next wk *fingers crossed* in which one of the trainers would see if u know how to apply MU, and if that goes well I might have to speak to the regional manager. Such a huge process....and all because of MAC. lol :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Goodluck, Angie. Some MA from MAC is telling me I should apply for freelancing (at my location, all the stores are not hiring except for freelancing) because he liked my application and he forever sees me at MAC, I swear, he must know I'm a little junky.

Anyways, I'm way too intimidated to work for MAC and go through that whole process, plus I hate customers... bah ha. So major goodluck to anyone who wants to get hired by them!

Originally Posted by blueangel1023 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I worked seasonal at Sephora with Jennifer and Piinklady!
biggrin.gif
You don't necessarily need makeup experience at Sephora but if you have retail experience or having dealt with clients at previous jobs is a BIG plus. They look for that when applying. I have minimal experience when I applied and the asst manager liked my makeup application. Also I was allowed to do some makeup consultations. When you're hired for seasonal you're really not supposed to (hehe) MAC however is a different story. All the MA's I spoke to says that they started off at some other counter or Sephora before getting their foot into MAC. There are a select few who probably did get hired right into MAC, but their makeup application were exceptional good and they were really good with providing customer service.

I just had 3 interviews yesterday at the MACY's for the MAC counter and the procedure is tedious. I had a pre-screening interview with someone else before speaking to the cosmetics manager. After the cosmetics manager okayed me, was I able to interview for the MAC manager. The MAC manager did intimidate me a lil but I knew my MAC sh*t (lol) I have a demo interview next wk *fingers crossed* in which one of the trainers would see if u know how to apply MU, and if that goes well I might have to speak to the regional manager. Such a huge process....and all because of MAC. lol :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Good Luck blueangel!

For Mac you do have to be 18 and they do prefer portfolios and makeup background... not sure on what else thats what i was told when i was going to apply... I work at sephora and YOU DO have to be 18, they have changed up what they are looking for tho. You now have to have make up experience,retail experience and be able to do a mock application in the interview, they dont always make you do it though.. main thing is make sure you look like a makeup artist when you go in and have a outgoing personality they LOVE that.

hey i was scrolling down and i seen you got a job at sephora, i use to waitress also. i went to sephora got an application and when i brought it back the manager viewed it and asked me a few questions saying it looked fine and that they were going to call me for a group interview, i never had a group interview, what kind of questions will they ask me/? 

Back