What new subs have you learned about ? Inquiring minds want to know!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Update on Volupties...one thing we were debating about was the price. I signed up for a month (haven't received my undies yet, but they shipped a few days ago so they should show up soon!) 

but, I just got an email from them, and here is a part of it:

Quote: Our plans were to find and only carry high-end undies from top brands (simply put, they can get to be expensive) but we also realize that cost is a very important factor for many people. So we've listened to our customers and in the next couple of days we're going to announce a new pricing structure (3 Pairs for $17) to better reflect that change.   
Although your packages (they have all been mailed so you should have received or will be receiving shortly) were curated under the 3/$25 model, I personally don't think it would be fair to have you pay this when we're going to be changing everything. So you'll be receiving a refund for the difference of $8 to reflect the new change. We're also going to offer a $5 Coupon Code that you weren't able to take advantage of so you'll be receiving that off as well for a total of $13 off your first package. We appreciate your business and think that that's the most fair thing to do. It usually takes 5-10 days to reflect the change on your credit card statement. If you don't see the change after this time just send an email and we'll look into it.

So, the new price is 3 pairs for $17 (which I think is much more reasonable for cute panties...and with the new coupon, my first month will only be $12. Super excited, and I'm much more likely to stick around for more than a month or two if I like what I get! I think it's great they're refunding the difference to everyone who subbed before the change...pretty great service!

MUCH better! 
icon_biggrin.gif

I wonder if Volupties and Splendies give out the same brands? I'm assuming not since I don't think VS sells sizes bigger than a Large, but does anyone know for sure? I'd like to sub to one, but I'd totally like to see reviews first.

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wonder if Volupties and Splendies give out the same brands? I'm assuming not since I don't think VS sells sizes bigger than a Large, but does anyone know for sure? I'd like to sub to one, but I'd totally like to see reviews first.
I just got my Volupties...I got a cute pair of Cacique, a pair of Hanky Panky, and a pair of a brand called Hips and Curves! Happy with all of them.

Originally Posted by Ophelia151 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hips and Curves is awesome.  They specialize in plus size lingerie.  I love there stuff
They feel really nice! The pair I got is a pair of cheeky shorts made of black lace, the lace is super soft! This style retails for $12.95.

The Hanky Panky ones are the classic thong style (in the plus sized version) in brown. The plus sized hanky panky retails for $22.

The Cacique are leopard print lace with black lace trim, cheeky style. The price tag states they retail for $18.

All really cute! I'm going to stay subscribed for at least another month, I think they're definitely worth the new price, along with the convenience of the sub itself.

The retail value of the undies I received is $52.95 (obviously if I were to buy them at full price, not on sale, etc.) I'm sure they might be clearanced colors, or styles, or something, but that doesn't matter to me in the slightest, I just care about getting cute undies that are good quality, without having to drive 2 hours to a store, and the sub aspect adds some mystery which makes it  more fun for me than just going on a website and choosing some undies. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Saw this on fb today, looks like Lip Factory Inc. is launching a new sub for girls: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Candigirl-Box/328930513904744
"Four times a year treat your daughter to her own beauty box for only $22 per quarter. Lip Factory Inc. presents CandiGirlbox, a must have for your princess! Designed with your daughter in mind, CandiGirl is an age appropriate quarterly box that every young girl will want to experience. Think it's all about makeup? Not with CandiGirl! It's filled with varied handpicked items that she will fall in love with. For ages 5-12, CandiGirl will be the box that all girls long for. Now it’s her turn to look out for the postman in anticipation! Don’t let your princess miss out on becoming the next CandiGirl!" http://www.lipfactoryinc.com/#!candigirl/cpuo

For anyone pondering trying Borrowed Closet or Le Tote:

I joined both recently.  At first I was really iffy, since the thought of sharing ANYTHING with other people gives me the heebie-jeebies (I won't even touch public door handles).  But I finally realized that the items are actually probably more sanitary after their dry-cleaning and sterilization process than the clothes you'd try on in a department store.  

I've tried Stitch Fix in the past, but really didn't care for the fee right off the bat.  I wound up buying things I didn't really like just so the originally money wouldn't go to waste. 

I was tempted to try Le Toe based on a blog review I saw...but obnoxiously, the promo code given didn't work.  I tried emailing the company THREE times -- no response (ever).  After weeks of emailing and waiting, emailing and waiting, I got fed up and searched other similar services. Borrowed Closet seemed to be a pretty promising one -- they have two different programs.  One program is $30/month and the other is $50 (I'm rounding).  With the $30 plan, you get 100 credits to spend (dresses are from 30+ credits, jewelry from 5+, sweaters, tops, skirts, etc start around 30+) but you only get one set of free shipping (to you and back to them).  With the $50/month plan, you have the same amount of credits, but unlimited shipping for the month.  I got the $50 plan because after trying Stitch Fix, I didn't want to be stuck with clothes I didn't like-- this way I could try/wear/return whenever.  I placed my order on 7/2 and it arrived on 7/8 (slow because of the holiday, I assume).  The 3 items I picked are pictured below.  I tried them all on and liked them all -- good quality, cute items.  The black top I adore. The dress was a little short on me for the office (I'm only 5'3", so I imagine it would be really short on anyone taller) and the maxi skirt (which I adored the fabric of) had a slit that was waaaaayyy too high.  As in, no way to wear it without flashing everyone every time you take a step.  Since items 2 and 3 didn't really seem like they were going to work for me, I returned them immediately (shipped 7/9).  I received notification on Saturday that they had received them and processed my return credits.  I had 70 credits from those returns, so I ordered a maxi dress and a necklace (and I still have the black top).  So far, I really like the library-like borrowing of clothes.  My only major issue with this service is that you can't put items "on hold" while you're waiting for your return items to be processed.  I'd much rather add items to my list and have them come when available than have to wait until they alert me.

image_resize.php
image_resize.php
image_resize.php

Anyways, I found Borrowed Closet interesting and better than expected, so I decided to give Le Tote a try, despite never having heard from their customer service.  Le Tote only has one plan at $50 a month and their staff picks items for you based on the profile you fill out.  Obviously, I did not have high expectations since I couldn't get anyone to respond to a single email -- and they have a website that appears to work about 6% of the time.  However, I signed up on 7/9 and received my bag on 7/12.  My bag had a faux leather skirt (LOVE), a cold shoulder sweater in tan, a beige and pink high low-like tank, a rhinestone and pearl bracelet, and a silver leaf-like necklace.  They also included a free tote bag (which, ironically, was what the promo code that I'd been trying to get to work originally was for).  Overall, I was impressed with Le Tote, despite their seemingly terrible customer service stance.  (Picture at the top is my Le Tote haul...it won't let me move it, sorry....)

Both services are great, I think it just comes down to whether you want to pick the clothes or if you want someone else's input.  In my opinion, so far, Le Tote is the winner....however, I'm not sure I can really recommend them until they get their customer service together.  I'll keep both for another few bags and see how I feel then.

Fyi -- both services had promo codes out there.  

I saw smiletorismile's post earlier on this page and clicked over to subscribe to the Ophelia's Apothecary sub box.  I am so in love!

I got...

- a little jar of sugar strawberries lipscrub

- a little jar of honey and shea cuticle salve
- a tube of jasmine vanilla mineral bath salt
- a little container of blueberry limon face cleanser
- a mini spray bottle of 'Tranquil Sleep Pillow and Linen spray"
- a scrubby glove
- and a peppermint lip balm since it was my first box and I used a blogger code
  for $15!

So far it's awesome!  Everything smells amazing and feels great too.   I've never had a subscription box where I was actually excited about everything! lol!

I saw smiletorismile's post earlier on this page and clicked over to subscribe to the Ophelia's Apothecary sub box.  I am so in love! I got...
- a little jar of sugar strawberries lipscrub - a little jar of honey and shea cuticle salve - a tube of jasmine vanilla mineral bath salt - a little container of blueberry limon face cleanser - a mini spray bottle of 'Tranquil Sleep Pillow and Linen spray" - a scrubby glove - and a peppermint lip balm since it was my first box and I used a blogger code   for $15!
So far it's awesome!  Everything smells amazing and feels great too.   I've never had a subscription box where I was actually excited about everything! lol! Where do you sign up for this? I'd really like to try it!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They feel really nice! The pair I got is a pair of cheeky shorts made of black lace, the lace is super soft! This style retails for $12.95.

The Hanky Panky ones are the classic thong style (in the plus sized version) in brown. The plus sized hanky panky retails for $22.

The Cacique are leopard print lace with black lace trim, cheeky style. The price tag states they retail for $18.

All really cute! I'm going to stay subscribed for at least another month, I think they're definitely worth the new price, along with the convenience of the sub itself.

The retail value of the undies I received is $52.95 (obviously if I were to buy them at full price, not on sale, etc.) I'm sure they might be clearanced colors, or styles, or something, but that doesn't matter to me in the slightest, I just care about getting cute undies that are good quality, without having to drive 2 hours to a store, and the sub aspect adds some mystery which makes it  more fun for me than just going on a website and choosing some undies. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I just subscribed based on your description! What you got sounds awesome, hopefully my first month is comparable :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I've got 2 little boys, 6 & 2. Can anybody recommend some good subs for them pls. What are some good subs for the hubby?

I got my volupties order in. Yay! Anyways, I got a lane Bryant ruffle panty, cotton striped pair from aerie (both fit great) and two random brands, youmita and te amo. I also got am email stating that they sent the te amo and youmita so i could try them and report back. the two random brands so I could try them for size were awful. Cheap and Neither fit. It wasn't pretty. Lol They reminded me of the cheap plus size panties you find at discount stores. Pretty but totally not sized for fluffy girls.

Originally Posted by Jeaniney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I saw smiletorismile's post earlier on this page and clicked over to subscribe to the Ophelia's Apothecary sub box.  I am so in love!
I am anxiously awaiting my first boxes (she had also offered a new men's box trial on her Facebook Page that I jumped on). I can't wait! I love the interaction on her Facebook Page and she seems to really listen to customer feedback. Excited! 

From what I've read on this one, you'll be able to choose somewhat, depending on whether you have a girly girl or a tomboy, with that in mind, I put my son on the wait list. He loves nail polish and lip stuff, I'm hoping I can kind of tailor it to him a bit so it isn't completely girly and I think he'll like it. Gonna give it a try anyway.

Originally Posted by BridgetPS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who has subbed to ophelias spothecary
I subbed (although I already mentioned it) and love it so far!  I'm only 1 month in and am really looking forward to the next one.

I subbed as well and just received my first box (same contents as listed above). Very happy with the products so far. 

I have also subbed to Ophelia's. I am two months in and very happy. Great product sizes, so you can really get a feel for how they work for you throughout the month, fun little extras like nice jewelry (I received a delicate pair of metal work earrings) and bath tools (shower puffs, mitts, etc), and great customer service ( I sent an email once really late at night on the west coast, and she answered it almost immediately from the east coast! Does this woman ever sleep?) I have fallen in love with her lipbalm and will be buying more when the one I received (pina colada...yum!) runs out...unless I am lucky enough to get it again in another box...fingers crossed!

Although I want to sample everything she makes, this is one sub I would not mind getting duplicates in. I love that everything is completely natural and the ingredients are clearly listed on the packaging. Plus, when I have finished using it all up, I have great little travel containers to put other products in (like foil samples).

I would highly recommend trying at least a 3 month sub. 

Latest posts

Back