What's the BEST airbrush system??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update---- Got the correct colors for myself with the Dinair and it is by far my favorite as far as airbrush goes! Luminess is orange and turns orange on me regardless of how many colors I try to match to my skin..

Hey everyone--you all are so helpful here and I have finally stopped procrastinating and signed up to ask questions lol

*Bump* please?

Love my private Makeup Artistry work and what I call hair art (love to paint so it's how I get my fix lol)

Joking aside, I have researched so much that my brain hurts! There is soooooo much out there!

I fell in love with this adorable young lady with her own blog on makeup (xsparkage), love her creativity and ability to just put herself out there...

Her portable kit for vacations is the Dinair system; so of course I bought it! At 99 bucks which included the gun compressor and sample pack of colors, it was a no brainer! for me anyway. I have oily skin and my pores show through makeup. Dinair makes my skin FLAWLESS. BUT (and it's a big but), the foundation is VERY matte and I have a skin tone that is hard to match. Blonde haired blue eyed Italian with yellow orange undertones! The ONLY makeup that EVER matched my skin was prescriptives. theyre out of business, so I began making my own mixes to match but let's face it, traditional can't hold a candle to airbrush.  I'm confused about the needles nozzles PSI and the correct equipment to use with each medium-I read alcohol and silicone is a no-no and it makes sense the chems don't match and turn into a blob of gook! ewww

That said, I researched more and found myself on Iwata's site buying their neo compressor, which I am not too pleased with compared to the dinair, but it's supposed to and does work with s/b. Right now I've tried temptu, and everyone raves about the product; in my reality, it's like I'm putting on too much product and the shade is wrong even though I've bought a few and honestly, they are so close in shade color that it doesn't look right.

For the temptu users--what is the process you use to get the effect that I can only get with water based makeup? The matte is beautiful, but I use lustre drops to add the dewy glow; even though I use very little of the Dinair makeup (excuse the misspellings-being lazy...), the finish darkens and even using their lightest foundation doesn't help--Flawless skin, but unless I am wearing a scarf or turtleneck, I look made up.

I guess what I am asking is I want to know HOW to use the temptu bc their videos before and afters are EXACTLY what I am hoping to achieve.... I'm leaning towards 2 things--not a good color match and the neo gun by Iwata. A compressor is a compressor and noise isn't a perk for me; I just want to know if changing the compressor, the gun, or just the nozzles and needles will do the trick? Any help at all would be incredibly and graciously accepted!! :)

Also I am trying to match needle, nozzle to foundation base i.e. water, s/b, alcohol (even if I don't use it). I really want the results that so many of you have raved about...

in need of guidance!! Thank you all--you guys rock!

Im trying airbrush for the very first time and I want to buy a system for myself as a Christmas gift. I havent the foggiest idea where to start...all i know is that people rave about DInair and Temptu but what is the difference in the products to create such a price difference? Im tempted to just grab the Dinair just because the of the shiny price tag but I also understand that you pay for what you get...

TEMPTU. The Flawless Complexion Kit is only $99 right now for the holidays ($149.99 any other time). The Signature Starter Kit is $199.99. Not only is it extremely easy to apply, but it goes on lightweight. Also when you build coverage, it feels very natural too. Plus, whenever I use mine, I never break out. Don't be fooled by any bad rating, as this is a modestly high tech device. If you want flawless skin, you have to go with this one. Definitely worth the investment!

Quote: Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have a luminess and I absolutely love it.  You can only use water based colors with it though
Luminess Air kit is not only for water based foundation, i can also use others such as alcohol and silicone based foundation i own the pro kit and i use these in mine what i do if they r too thick i thin them out with the matching mixing mediums

girls I have another question for you: I would like to use an airbrush system for my wedding but I live in Europe,, what do you suggest? Many systems that you named are only available in the USA :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> do you have any tips? thanks!

Back