What's your current routine, and how is it working for you?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm just curious to see what everyone here uses on a regular basis. I just started using the Avene products in mine and so far I'm surprised at how gentle and effective they are!

AM:

Avene Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser

Witch Hazel (occasionally)

Avene Hydrance Optimal SPF 25 Moisturizer

PM:

Avene Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser with my Clarisonic Mia

Witch Hazel (again, occasionally)

Avene Cleanance K

For around my eyes, AM and PM I use Impruv Cream or any other thick shea based moisturizer. I have SUPER dry skin around my eyes all the time for some rediculous reason!

I lurve Avene :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have dry, sensitive, clog-prone skin. I have noticed the Murad serum has really improved dryness, though I don't know if it's really helped with sensitivity or redness. Perhaps once it warms up here I'll be able to cut down to using once per day, and combining with one targeted more for aging/hyperpigmentation issues. I haven't re-purchased the Caudalie serum I was using since replacing it with the Murad, and I actually rather miss it. Anyways. AM: Bioderma Sensibio H20 Micelle Solution (also known as Crealine) on a cotton round. Avene Thermal Water to tone, again on a cotton round. Caudalie Pulpe Vitaminee Eye & Lip Contour Cream, just on eyes. Murad Sensitivity Dryness Serum. Olay Complete Sensitive SPF30. PM (after makeup removal, if I've worn makeup): Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser for Normal to Dry Skin or Caudalie Gentle Cleanser (non-foaming.) Depends on how parched my skin feels. I will most likely go back to the Avene Extra Gentle No Rinse Cleanser once it warms up here. Avene Thermal Water to tone. Yes to Carrots! Eye Can C Eye Contour Cream. Very impressed with it thus far. Murad serum, again. Cetaphil Lotion or Cream. Other: Kibio Exfoliating Mousse, up to two times per week. Dermalogica Cream Exfoliant or Caudalie VinoPerfect Radiance Revealing Mask, at most once per week - but usually every two weeks. Clarins Daily Energizer Wake Up Booster, if I've worn foundation and want that extra fresh feeling. Avene Cicalfate on any dry patches or irritation. Generic Rx tretonin gel (I believe it's 0.025%) for any breakouts that might pop up. Makeup removal: An assortment of eye makeup removers - basically, whatever is on promo for Optimum Points and/or is on sale. LRP Toleriane Dermo-Cleanse, wiped off (for TM & MSFN days.) Lancome Huile Douceur if I've worn foundation.

My skintype:

non-sensitive (quite tough actually), very oily T-zone (normal cheeks, no dry spots), but not acne-prone anymore

AM

cleanser: La Roche Posay Effaclar for sensitive oily skin

sunscreen: Olay Regenerist UV Defense Regenerating Lotion SPF 50

PM

makeup remover: MAC Cleanse Off Oil

cleanser: same as above

toner: Paula´s Choice for combination/oily skin

treatment: alternating Retin-A 0.05% and Neutrogena Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 moisturizing treatment (2% salicylic acid)

serum (face+eyes): Paula´s Choice Resist antioxidant serum

moisturizer only when needed, usually in the colder months (Olay Regenerist 7-in-1 antiaging moisturizer, mature skin therapy)

Occasionally

at-home chemical peels (40% glycolic acid)

I´ve never been happier with my current routine; adding Retin-A and chemical exfoliants+peels has been giving me the best results! I´ve never had a problem with not tolerating products or breaking out from them, so my skin is pretty low maintenance. However I have always thought that my uneven skintone could use some help. In the past I have had an issue with products not doing enough to visually improve my skintone & -texture. So now I´m really only looking for ingredients that are proven to even out my skintone and delay the inevitable skin aging process.

My skin type: Dry and acne-prone

AM: Cerave Hydrating Facial Cleanser

Aveeno Ultra-calming redness reducing moisturizer

PM: Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser

Cerave Nighttime Moisturizer

Highly recommend all of these products they keep my acne under control and leave my face feeling fresh all day.

Skin Type: Combination Oily/Dry, acne prone

AM:

Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser 

Cetaphil moisturizer

PM: 

Cetaphil again

Burts Bees natural acne solutions clarifying toner

cetaphil moisturizer

I've been using these products together for about a week and a half, and so far my face hasn't gotten worse but we'll see... I really like the cetaphil products though because they are very gentle and light weight

Skintype : combination, sensitive.

AM :

Aleppo soap or just floral water as cleanser

La Roche Posay fluide extreme sunscreen

Moisturizer. Not a specific one as i'm currently trying a few samples.

PM :

makeup remover/cleanser : sweet almond oil+chamomile water

Same as above for the moisturizer.

Every once in a while :

facescrub with Korres thyme honey scrub (almost empty ! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ).

clay mask with morrocan clay or yellow clay.

I have added my Aleppo soap as face cleanser in the morning, now that the sunny days are back i prefer to use this soap rather than my previous cleanser.

I have an issue about the moisturizer. All of those i have are not moisturising enough, and the last one i purchased in plans of using it as face moisturizer gave me big pimples, i'm still dealing with one actually.

Skintype : Sensitive, combination

AM :

- Yes to Cucumbers daily cleanser

- Aveda Inner Light tinted moisturizer

- Korres Evening Primrose eye cream

PM:

- Yes to Cucumbers makeup removing towelettes

- Yes to Cucumbers daily cleanser

- Origins Spot Remover (for pesky blemishes)

- Body Shop aloe soothing night cream

- Korres Evening Primrose eye cream

Every once in a while, I love to exfoliate my skin with Murad's AHA cleanser and use my Yes to Cucumbers calming face mask! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Skintype:  Sensitive, normal to dry side, clear

AM

wash with black soap

moisturizer (DIY)

PM

OCM and witchhazel toner or wash with black soap

NBI-5 Caviar cream

moisturizer (DIY)

I love that Yes to Carrots eye cream! It's super moisturizing and I love using it during the winter months. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Skintype: Sensitive + somewhat oily T zone

I use the Clinique three step cleanser, toner and lotion. Before the lotion I use either Estee Lauders night renewal serum or the new day wear spf lotion and the pore refiner serum. I love them many department store products make me breakout. Because these products are so pricey I will often alternate with Olay cleansers and creams!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Divadoll I was thinking of trying those caviar creams but are they for mid 20's skin types I know you have to be careful what you use because many products nowadays are age specific??

Originally Posted by Amber204 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Divadoll I was thinking of trying those caviar creams but are they for mid 20's skin types I know you have to be careful what you use because many products nowadays are age specific??
products aren´t really age-specific, they are only marketed that way. Acne-stuff is marketed for teens, but lots of women get adult acne later on in life. Anti-aging products often have a thick & emollient base, because a lot of women get drier skin as they age-but not all. Those who still have oily skin at 50 have a harder time finding anti-aging products for their skintype.

If you think a certain skincare product works for your skintype (important!) AND has ingredients that will benefit your skin (even more important) it doesn´t matter what age you are and what age group a product is marketed for.

Morning: Suki balancing toner + moisturizer from my dermatologist.
Evening: same thing + eye makeup remover (I also take Zinc pills and I don't wear foundation).
I've been doing this since October and every time I change this routine, I get a breakout! But I will have to change it because I really want to wear foundation...

This is a great thread, Im in between products right now since I had a huge break out recently and am still looking for the right products.

Skin: Oily + Sensative

AM + PM cleanse with Caudalie Foaming Face Wash

AM = Mary Kay Moisturizer

PM = Caudalie Creme Sorbet

AM + PM = VINOPERFECT Radiance Serum (not sure yet if it was worth the $)

I tried the Oil Cleansing Method last night for the fist time and was quite happy with the results.  Of course, it was the first time, so I have a couple more applications before I can really tell if there's an improvement.

This is a great thread, Im in between products right now since I had a huge break out recently and am still looking for the right products.

Skin: Oily + Sensative

AM + PM cleanse with Caudalie Foaming Face Wash

AM = Mary Kay Moisturizer

PM = Caudalie Creme Sorbet

AM + PM = VINOPERFECT Radiance Serum (not sure yet if it was worth the $)

I tried the Oil Cleansing Method last night for the fist time and was quite happy with the results.  Of course, it was the first time, so I have a couple more applications before I can really tell if there's an improvement.
Ooh, I love Caudalie! You'll have to report back on that serum :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Awesome to know Andi thanks now when I run out of my current products I can try a caviar cream yaya!

I heard that at the Chanel counter as they had a Sublimage ultimate regeneration cream I could get a sample of. She said it wasn't suitable for my skintype and would make me breakout, since then I have been paranoid about what I buy.

Alianna I stopped using a liquid foundation last year, and have notice phenomenal improvements in clogged pores and pimples. I only get the real out of control crater pimple every once in a while now; whereas, I got one maybe once a month before and I realize now I looked terrible I'd always pick a color a shade to dark or to light.

Interesting to see what others use.  Glad you posted the question.

I am almost 65, extremely dry skin.

AM+PM Lactic Acid Cleanser & Toner (Infinite Skin product line)

AM+PM Copper Peptide serum (Skin Biology)

AM Luminous Serum/Cream (Infinite Skin product line)

PM Matryxl 3000 serum (Infinite Skin product line)

AM 55 SPF sunscreen face and body

All day SPF 15 tinted lip balm

Several times a day use hydrating mist (does not harm makeup)

Wear hat with good size brim when outside - sometimes use scarf w/hat so back of neck is covered

• If outside and it is windy (Nevada has harsh dry winds) I will wash my face again and reapply moisturizer

Regular use of 65% Lactic Acid Peel w/lighteners (every week for 10 wks, rest skin for 2 months) Infinite Skin product line or Cellbone.  Cellbone is the most gentle peel product

Originally Posted by Maris Crane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooh, I love Caudalie! You'll have to report back on that serum
smile.gif

Sure will.  It was expensive and so far Im half way thru the bottle and im half way happy.  I'll let you know for sure when Im done with it. 

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sure will.  It was expensive and so far Im half way thru the bottle and im half way happy.  I'll let you know for sure when Im done with it. 
I finished a bottle of that serum a few years ago. I had high hopes, and even though it was nicely moisturizing it didn´t even out my skintone at all (now I know why - it doesn´t even contain any ingredients that can actually make the skin look brighter, like AHAs, BHAs, skin lighteners etc!)

I currently use Themis 24h hydrating cream, with the brightening gel moisturizer (i don't know why it's named gel, the consistency leans towards a light cream). The gel moisturizer contains pomegranate extract, which is one of my favorite skincare active ingredients. I love both of these products so far, and they don't break my spend limit for skincare so i'm to rebuy these, that's a good thing for me.

AM

Cetaphil Gentle Face Cleanser

Neutrogena alcohol-free toner

Omorovicza Complexion Brightener spf 20

PM

Tea Tree Face Cleanser or Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm(make up remover) 

Neutrogena alcohol-free toner 

Omorovicza Rejuvenating Night Cream

Back