When Makeup Goes Wrong

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think my favourite look is hayden's 'after'. She looks gorgeous.

Some of the afters weren't that great IMO, like Mary-Kate for example...

a lot of the "good" i thought still looked kinda gross. like olsen, knightley, & richie. olsen looked sickly, knightley should have gone a little lighter on the liner, & richie should have more color to her face. like lips or cheeks.

I love the shade of e/s Nicole Scherzinger is wearing in her "bad" look. I guess I like 'lady of the night' looks
wink.gif
?

Originally Posted by MissManda /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree that the article was a bit biased. Apparently you only look good with a nude natural lip gloss, basic neutral eyeshadow, and barely there foundation. Forget having fun with it tastefully, another attempt to make everyone look the same! I don't think the article is saying that everyone should look the same. I think it's meant to show that natural makeup tends to enhance and bring out our unique facial features.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think my favourite look is hayden's 'after'. She looks gorgeous.
Some of the afters weren't that great IMO, like Mary-Kate for example...

I agree, I think Mary Kate's after is horrible, she looks dead.

Well all of my photos would fall in the Bad Karren catagory.. I don't do neutrals very well.. Lol. I do like some of the "Bad" makeup photos better than the "Good" ones.. Especially I think the Bad Christina A looks better than the Good Christina A.. The Good one looks washed out and blahhhh.. In my humble opinion

It seemed like all of the celebs in the "after" photos were tanner. Are they hating on us fair girls?
biggrin.gif

Alot of these weren't that bad, i agree. I guess it just depends on what you call "bad" I actually thought some of these were out there but okay.

I went back and looked again and noticed that hairstyles played a part in it too..even though it was about make-up, Naomi's hair was definitely better in the second pic and to me that was the biggest difference. Could also be the light where the pic was shot!

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif The only ones who looked good in both before/after are Nicole R & Nicole S.Everyone else do look better in more neutral looks... all the makeup overpowers their features.

I wish Cristina kept her "Back to Basic" look now... she's doing this whole Lady Gaga aka Lady Caca look and it doesn't suit her at all.

I totally agree.
I love Christina's lip colour in her 'good' picture, anyone got any recommendations for something very simular?

Back