Whitening products???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whitening the skin is a choice we need to do on our own. Each one ofus has his/her preferrence. I'm an Asian an I preferr to be White Skin. I use product that has Kojic Acid and you can do a search on what Kojic Acid can do to our skin, Just like what I did before I use it. SO far I'm so happy and it's the first time I be able to say I'm so satisfied with my skin.

Snowjesh, my back is like that too with uneven tone. I've used Paula's Choice Remarkeble Skin Lightening Lotion. It contains 2% of hydroquinone, I believe somone there mentioned the ingredient. It really worked but you sort of have to apply consistently to maintain the result!!

Snowjesh,

Hydroquinone works, but not without its consequences. I have seen so many women in my ethnic community rebound and get darker with continued use even after the the hydroquinone lightened the skin. With certain creams of that nature, they even add a little mercury to enhance the whitening effects and that is so dangerous :SHOCKED: . Kojic acid has an even higher rate of skin irritations, and is the efficacy is not even as high as hydroquinone, although its toxicity is much lower.

What I would say is to use a high strength Mequinol/Tretinoin cream from your dermatologist... perhaps 10% or more. That combo is a permanent lightener, but it can be very harsh on delicate skin during use. Talk to your dermatologist.

well, i used to rave about whitening when i was in my teens.Now, im happy with my complexion.Bu then of coz i would like my face to be lighter and skin tone evened out.Ive tried many whitening creams but non of it works.I remeber one of my cousin is India, she has got a glowing face.I asked her and she told me the ceret is, Fair & Lovely cream and rose water.I was suprised because Fair n Lovely cream will never work on me.I think most whitening stuff will only make your face one or 2 shades fairer.And it'll stop and will never go beyond that even if u continued using it forever.What about Vitamin C jab?Has anyone tried it?its quite popular over here among celebs and they're skin glowing and sooobeautiful!!Im thinking if its safe and the side effects.

Well not to be judgemental, but I think you should really learn to accept your skin color. I know it is a personal preference, but beautiful skin comes in all shades, and thats a healthier attitude. I mean arent these skin bleaching creams going to contain really harmful products that will eventually cause long term damage? :kopfkratz:

We are talking about people who have hyperpigmentation and need to whiten the dark areas. We are not talking about a complete Michael Jackson new white skin color transformation. If you have acne scars dark spots then get your skin lightened.

I'm not white and I like my skin color. But people here have a problem with dark areas of their face then they should do something about it.

I would never go near skin-whitening products because my face doesn't tan...ever.

For acne scars, you should check with your Derm, however my mom wouldn't let me use them because of that....you know, problem I have with being too pale.

u could use natural skin lighteners. They're also inexpensive and leaves ur skin rejuvenated.

lemon juice + honey or just lemon juice

parsley juice

fullers earth clay

linden (lime) flowers <--- needs to be boiled and strained.

rub with cotton ball on affected areas 3 or more times a week. u will see result overtime

when i dont tan, i have a pretty fair tone. when in the summer i like to be a little tanned with a golden glow, but for winter i would like to be pale. in a pretty way. its like, when i get pale - i just kinda get yellowish. i have this yellow undertone that makes me look sick and unhealthy. i would like to have pale, fair skin in the winter, and thought about if whitening products would even out that yellowish tone in my skin? my sister is pale, and dyes her hair red and looks faboulous, but everytime i try and get pale i just look sick instead. sooo tell me, does anyone know if whitening products would actually even out the yellow tone in my skin so i could get white instead of yellow-white??

my question is probably if any white chicks (im from upper europe) with same complexion have tried the same situation and having this work for you??

umm, and im a newbie here. so i only have 7 posts (replys). can anyone tell me where to go to post a new post?? cant find it somehow :$

thanks

That might just be your skin tone and no amount of whitening products will change it. Alot of people have yellowish undertones. Is the rest of your body the same skin tone?

thanks! yes the rest of my body also have the yellow undertone. so my question was basically if whitening products is only good for whitening dark spots, or all over if you want a more fair skintone?

ponds double white cleanser makes me so white after i use it ~ but i dun think it last for very long~ i duno what it is that does it it just does make me look whiter !

i think its all over

I honestly have no idea. I've never used whitening products like that. Just Vitamin C for hyperpigmentation and sun damage. Sorry

whitening does not mean too mush if you have healthy and glowing skin... I think we should have enough glow only... 

I love my skin and thankful Jarvis Cosmetics to help me about my skin care.....

Back