why cant my stupid spots go away

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a coupon code if you want to try any of the Paula's Choice products.  I got it from my bzzagent campaign for paula's choice and it's good on the website for anyone to use! 

It's PRC1520 - and anyone can use it!

Hey! I just read this thread- just a quick tip, don't use products with oil in on spots or spot-prone skin. I used to have loads of spots and now I have barely any (I wish i'd known the no-oil rule earlier!). I wrote about this in a blog http://textbookgorgeous.wordpress.com Post #2 has the regime I used to get rid of them. Might be worth a look? Hope it helps!

Oh, I'm so glad I found this post 'cause I've been doing a new skincare thing that I want to tell the whole world about :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And my friends are super sick of hearing about it.

Okay, I have breakout-prone skin which sucks because I'm Asian and also tend to get hyperpigmentation really frickin' easily. 'Til...I tried azaleic (sp?) acid. I love, love, love this stuff. I haven't been using it very long- just 3 weeks now - but my skin has not looked this grat in ages.

I haven't had a breakout at all during those 3 weeks and my spots have visibly faded. It's not my imagination, either - a super sheer tinted moisturizer is enough to totally cover the remaining spots when before, they were visible even under foundation. I'm even going makeup free some days 'cause my skin looks great. Oh, much of my oiliness is also gone (my t-zone gets scary oily sometimes).

And the best part is that my whole routine is stupid simple:

Wash face

Douse face in rose water

Wait to dry

Apply azaleic acid

Apply a combination of carrot seed oil and rosehip oil on top

DONE

Love this so much and can't wait to see how my skin's going to look in another month's time. Give it a try! It might make your spots and oiliness go away, too!

Hey! I just read this thread- just a quick tip, don't use products with oil in on spots or spot-prone skin
I can't totally agree with this - as someone with both oily and spot-prone skin (who failed miserably with the whole oil cleansing method) - it really comes down to the kind of oil you use.

Jojoba SUCKS for acne-prone skin - I really don't understand why it's always touted as the oil for pimply skin. It is not. My skin suffers horribly whenever I use it. Coconut oil is also comedogenic and should not go near your face if you have acne-prone skin. Neither should castor oil. 

There are some oils, though, that seem to help breakouts - argan oil, rosehip seed oil and carrot seed oil all fall under this category. I've also heard hemp seed oil is great, 'though I haven't tried it myself.

Back