Why does Mac Studiofix tend to break people out?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, it's a strange thing, that Studio Fix. I've heard lots of cases of it breaking people out, but it's the most popular item sold by MAC globally.

Actually -- (a little OT, but if you want some trivia) -- the Studio Fix SPONGE is the biggest seller for the entire company :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Funny, but it makes sense! Since Studio Fix is the most popular product, people are going to buy lots of extra sponges).

And yes, like some of have said -- Studio Fix is NOT meant for touching up. It's purely foundation. So to avoid looking cakey and then clogging your pores, touch up with a Blot Powder or a translucent pressed powder. I personally prefer cream foundations like Studio Tech, Studio Stick & Full Coverage.

I've used StudioFix for about 5 years and it has never made me break out but like other people said, it does make my skin look dull and dry. I'm currently looking for a replacement. I do like the liquid foundation but it makes me break out if I use it almost every day.

I've never tried the studio fix, but the MAC face and body foundation always makes me break-out...in fact, ANY kind of liquid foundation makes me break out. Pretty much all I use are bronzer powders...I may try the tinted creams, though...

It just feels too heavy. Like my face can't breath and I'm wearing a mask.

I have normal/bordering oily/non acne-prone skin. I tried Studio Fix Foundation for about 4 months-ish? It was my first foundation from MAC. At first, I really liked it, it seemed to be working nicely. It never broke me out. But after a while, it was just eh. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't amazing. Medium coverage, kind of made me look ghost-ish. I switched to Chanel's Teint Fluid Naturel Universel SPF15 (liquid) and am MUCH happier. While Studio Fix wasn't horrible, it just didn't do much for me.

Studiofix broke me out too....sad.!!!All the celebs here really swears by it.unfortunately not for me it gives me bumps..!! I used it for a few dayz n ended up giving it to my sis in law..Maybe MAC foundations n powders dun suit me at all, except for their select cover-up concealer, the only concealor dat matches my skintone, took me abt half a yr before it suits my skin..:icon_conf

Studio Fix works well for me - I am not prone to break-outs and what not I guess it just depends on the person! :icon_bigg

Back