Your Top 5 Favorite Youtube Makeup Gurus

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i don't know many but i've watched loads of Kandee Johnson's, and i find that Tiffany is the only one who i can still stand to watch after 1190383 videos
smile.gif

Originally Posted by pure25honey /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like Emilynoel87, JLovesMac1 the best. I just discovered JLovesMac1. I love her personality.
I think I enjoy the vids so much because I'm so new to makeup. Everything is still exciting and new but I will have to say, I must be getting like some of you now. I no longer think the smokey eye is so exciting so I wonder what will lose it's appeal next. lol

hmm I just got into the whole youtube thing I do like

enkoremakeup

pursebuzz

and JLovesMac1

*meganheartsmakeup

*michellephan

I don't really have a top 5 favorites, those ones are mostly my favorites, I watch a few others but they aren't really my favorites. And btw, "blaire" and "elle" are horrible, they lie about everything.. and those aren't even their real names and all they do is advertise stuff for money.. just check out I need to vent.. haha.

I've been using Youtube like Google lately and mostly for swatching purposes... "Reviews" seem really staged to me and they're prolly 4 ppl I think are honest, but companies may stop sending them product all together sometime soon because of it.

-Pixiwoo (I agree with Crys, these two are my go-to girls, they're both professionals but seem really down-to-earth and likeable. Plus they have a good ratio of wearable to out-there looks.)

-xsparkage (She does some crazy bright looks, and there is a LOT of MU involved in these vids, but they're so vivid and creative that I love to watch!)

-Petrilude (I usually end up scouting this channel at Halloween. Some seriously impressive costume looks, and he is just incredible to look at - those teeth! Those cheekbones!)

-jjacks48 (Again, good mix of wearable with brighter looks.)

-fleurdeforce (I like her because her hair is pretty and she's British. :B She also does some nice reviews.)

I started on CaliforniaCosmetics, but she just got more and more boring for me. Similarly, panacea81 was incredible to me at first, but now I just can't stomach her long, rambling attitude. EnkoreMakeup was also v. useful to me when I was just learning stuff.
smile.gif
I like lollipop26 in theory, but she gets sent most of her stuff for free, which makes me bitter and cynical. :/

I really like fafinettex3. She has an adorable personality and all of her looks are do-able + unique! MichellePhan stopped appealing to me though her videos are really clear. Bubzbeauty is also cute and her hair tutorials are really innovative.

My absolute favourite is pixiwoo. They're the only ones whose looks scream "proffesional". I always learn new things from these girls and I never get bored. I met Nic in London when she was working @Sellfridges and she did my makeup--it was a great experience. She's so likeable!

I also like Makeupgeek (Marlena), julieg713, michellephan (not always though) and I used to like MakeupbytiffanyD, but I'm now mostly insanely bored of her videos, as they're all about hauls and reviews and her makeup looks all look the same. I like some variety!

My personal favourite is KlaireDeLysArt.

I know she's sponsored by ELFCosmeticsUK (and maybe Barry M, but I'm not to sure), but I don't really care. She doesn't seem to push it IMHO.

She's incredibly tallented, and quick. She doesn't drone on about personal stuff unless it's a personal video, which she doesn't have many.

And she's really creative. I just love her Terminator tutorial, and her tutorial on how to make a Masquerade Mask.

I can't believe no one's mentioned her!

And I'm starting to like Michelle Phan less and less. Not only does she not post as many videos, they've all been some sort of lame facial thing, or the mandatory Lancome video.

... Beh, I just don't care anymore.

But I do like MakeUpGeekTV, because she's just adorable in my opinion.

i dont have a top 5 but ill list some that i watch most of the time

kandeejohnson

makeupbytiffanyD

makeupgeektv

macNC40

it goes on...

Originally Posted by Pipsweet /img/forum/go_quote.gif I started on CaliforniaCosmetics, but she just got more and more boring for me. Me too! But I recently checked and I think she deleted her account?

I don't watch videos like I did before. However, when I'm in the mood, I like to watch

*fafinettex3

*xteener (she's my fave because her looks are so neutral and perfect for me!)

I don't have 5 but am glad to read everyone's fave...gotta remember it next time.

I am a total newbie and have always liked makeup but never dedicated a lot of time to it and only admired the results of those more talented than me! But since I started to build my brush collection I got more interested in different techniques, colors combos and so on and watching tutorials on youtube has become my favourite thing to do in my spare time! I have learned a lot but I can tell already now that some "guru" are quite repetitive. My absolute favourite are makeupgeek (Marlena) and julieg713. I also watched a lot of enkore videos specially when I was trying to get an orientation about brushes and such. I initially liked makeupbytiffanyD but I find her too chatty and sometimes unecessay silly and her looks are all similar.

1) Mrsfurballbutterfly

2) Carahamelie03

3) Eleventhgorgeous

4) PinkHoneyBee

5)SushiRockStar

Back