Sign in to follow this  
Souly

Julep Maven: July 2012 discussion

Ok ladies, I'm extremely peeved right now and I'm not sure if I'm being fair about this, so I'd like so other opinions.

I'm usually a Boho Glam, but for the July box I switched to It Girl.  I really loved Georgia though (which at the time was represented to us as Mischa) so I added 2 (Mischa) on to my box (1 for me, 1 I had agreed to get to trade with another person here on MUT).  I got my Maven box in a timely manner, but never got a shipping notice or anything for my add-ons, so I emailed Julep to find out what the deal was.  I was told that for some reason my add-on order was never fulfilled and that it would be taken care of right away.  I then found out that everyone who had ordered either Mischa or Georgia as an add-on got both, because of the mix up.  So I expected that I would get a total of 4 polishes (2 Mischa, 2 Georgia).  My add-on box showed up in the mail today, and there was 1 polish in it.  Not 4.  Not even 2, which was what my add-on order should have been.  And it was (the actual) Mischa, not Georgia.  I called CS and told them what happened, and they're shipping me 2 (actual) Georgia's, for no extra costs.  I asked if I would be getting both Georgia and Mischa because of the mix up and was told I wouldn't since they did that with the add-ons at the time since they weren't sure which one had actually been ordered, but they are sure of which one I want.

Am I just being greedy for thinking that they should send me both colors to be fair since they did so for others who ordered add-ons?  And is it wrong for me to think that they should've given me some sort of a discount for all the mess ups?

Originally Posted by FireNRice View Post

Am I just being greedy for thinking that they should send me both colors to be fair since they did so for others who ordered add-ons?  And is it wrong for me to think that they should've given me some sort of a discount for all the mess ups?

Hi F&R,

It always sucks to get in on something AFTER a screw-up has been corrected, but their point is fair enough. It's also kind of adds insult to injury that somehow your add-on order got screwed up (twice!); it's my experience that Julep's website and customer service are reliable enough that this doesn't happen very often (compared to, for example, Beautyfix, king of order and billing screwups), but of course nothing is foolproof. However, at the end of the day, you got 3 polishes for the price of 1 when you were hoping for 4 polishes for the price of 2, so despite your inconvenience, you did come out pretty well ahead, no? Just trying to give you a silver lining for your cloud! cloud9.gif

Originally Posted by bluepearl View Post

Hi F&R,

It always sucks to get in on something AFTER a screw-up has been corrected, but their point is fair enough. It's also kind of adds insult to injury that somehow your add-on order got screwed up (twice!); it's my experience that Julep's website and customer service are reliable enough that this doesn't happen very often (compared to, for example, Beautyfix, king of order and billing screwups), but of course nothing is foolproof. However, at the end of the day, you got 3 polishes for the price of 1 when you were hoping for 4 polishes for the price of 2, so despite your inconvenience, you did come out pretty well ahead, no? Just trying to give you a silver lining for your cloud! cloud9.gif

I think I was so irritated because I had ordered the 2 add-ons along with my maven box, before they discovered their mix up, and charged me for 2 add-ons but only sent the 1 I received today.  You are right though, I am coming out ahead with an extra polish so I shouldn't complain.  I just wish they would've handled the situation a little better is all.  I do appreciate your reply though, so thank you.

• Like 1

Originally Posted by CaptainSassy View Post

I'm fairly new to Julep (june and july) but already have over 10 polishes.. very addictive. But my question to those that have been around a while is, does Julep discontinue polishes pretty quickly?  I've seen some colors on blogs and swatches but then when I go to search on Julep's site nothing turns up.

Do you think it's just out of stock or they delete them soon after? Just wondering if I should buy a polish now that could be gone in a couple of months.

They do "discontinue" colors, but they tend to bring them back with different names. Last years Miranda is this years Daphne.

Sometimes they re-release the ones under the same name, such as this months Sienna, Alpfre and the other ones from last year. They usually take at least a month or so to discontinue some of the colors, from what I've seen.

If the colors aren't on their website anymore, they're discontinued and not available for purchase which is why they removed all the info about them.

I just joined Julep after cancelling my lack-luster Glossy Box and was curious as to everyone's over all opinion of the service. Is it worth the $19.99 per month? After shelling out $21 for a terrible Glossy Box, I'm a little apprehensive!

Originally Posted by Squidling View Post

I just joined Julep after cancelling my lack-luster Glossy Box and was curious as to everyone's over all opinion of the service. Is it worth the $19.99 per month? After shelling out $21 for a terrible Glossy Box, I'm a little apprehensive!

Julep is one of my favorite subs, you get at least 2-3 polishes (valued at $14 each) and extra (nail polish remover, hand cream, etc) and usually a little surprise. They have great customer service in my opinion, and I like how you can add on extra polishes each month for only $4.99

Originally Posted by Squidling View Post

I feel like Julep is worth it if you don't have too many polishes already, or if you don't care that much about having similar colors -- I was way excited about it in the beginning but as my nail polish collection has been growing exponentially in recent months, I've been feeling increasingly 'meh' about each month's colors. I also feel like Julep's strength is the formula of their cremes, so the fact that the past 2 months has been heavy on metallics and glitters hasn't made me any happier. I'll still be sticking with them for at least 2 more months since I have enough referral credits to get September and October's boxes for free, but we'll see after that. I'm hoping their fall colors will be more wowing.

But I do agree with zorabell that their CS is great, and I love how fast their shipping is. To get to me from Seattle to NYC always takes less than a week, while Glossybox takes that much time to cross the river from NJ. madno.gif