Colored contacts?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This isn't really makeup but do any of you girls wear them? What are the best brands?? I have worn them for along time, but my vision always seems distorted and blurry, do any of you all have that problem. What can be done to fix it. I love wearing deep blue contacs, because my eyes are blue, but have a tint of grey also. I like the deep blue look, I use to wear violet which was really pretty too. Thanks

glad you asked this, as i was wondering about this too. id like to try blue contacts, but they usually look really fake and unnatural on people ive seen them on.

i used to wear them quite frequently and i've always had the distorted vision problem because of them so i recently stopped wearing them because it got very annoying and uncomfortable. i believe acue view (sp) has a new brand out that's supposed to lock in moisture but, i haven't tried them. they sound interesting though.

I've alway been interested in them but to scared to get them. I would like to try the violet colored contacts.

I've tried colored contacts, and find them very difficult to put them in, I have a problem sticking something in my eye, it makes me squeamish!! I would love to try contacts again though because I'd like to change my brown eyes to a bright blue. What is the best brand out there?

I tried colored contacts a couple of years ago (I use regular contacts everyday) and it made my vision blurrier so I didn't like them because of that

i used to wear green ones but it was almost like the colored part was covering my pupil or something cause it was always a bit blurry around the edges of my vision. i havent worn them in close to a year though.

Yes, that is how I feel. There must be some brand that doesn't do that. If anyone figures it out let me know.

I never wear those stuff, but my friend does.

She end up with blurry vision and red eyes.

But, she still wearing is and unfortunately her other friend broke her colored contacts accidentally by her long false nail and she almost got her eyes bleed.

i have been wearing colored contacts for more than 7 yrs. I've tried Grey, Hazel and Green.Now i've changed into FreshLook Colorblends.My eyes are naturally dark (almost black) , right now i'm wearing honey.My other favs are pure hazel and grey (colourblends).They give almost most natural look.Blue and amethyst are a no no for me as they look fake.My eyesight has no power and so far i havent encountered any problems due to this (touchwood..!)One thing u must follow is regular rinsing and storing ur coloured lens.Bausch and Lomb is a good line for contacs lens care.

even paris hilton's eyes are dark brown rt..?saw it when i wuz watching Simple Life and she was wearing kinda blue saphire coloured contacts..

I dont but my sis does. I think she uses Accuvue or something like that. I wanna get a brown pair soon!

Yes, i had read something about covering the pupil is bad, but it was in Dutch and i cant find it anymore, otherwise i would try to translate it. But from what i had understand is not to take contacts that will cover the pupil. I think that Freshlooks have good ones!

I wear the conventional lenes to correct my vision but have also tried the coloured ones. With the coloured ones, i experience blurriness too. When i told my optimatrist about it, he told me that its because the diameter of the coloured contact lens is bigger than my own iris/pupil thus blocking my vision. He also added that there was nothing i could do because the coloured lens all come in the same diameter size & I can't custom make a size that fits me.:icon_eek:

i wear reg. contacts but i've always wanted to try the colored ones. but i have really bad eye sight so it'll probably cost a lot.

I use SofMed Colors which are America's Best's brand. I've been using them for a few years. They only have 4 colors, but all look natural on my eyes. I have hazel eyes and even the blue ones look natural. I'll have to dig up a pic.

As far as blurriness or discomfort, they take some getting used to as far as the contour. If worn as directed....no sleeping in them, dispose after two weeks, etc. There is no bluriness or discomfort.

Of course, I also have SofMed clear contacts, which I wear the majority of the time b/c you can wear them a bit longer than stated. I have never had discomfort or bluriness from the actual contacts. There have been occasions where I've had makeup issues, but once I found MuT those ceased to exist!!

Hi everyone!

I just ordered Freshlooks Colorblends in Blue and Green. I should receive them by next week and will give a full report on comfort and how real they look.

I am not looking forward to having to maneuver these on an off of my eyeballs though! Hopefully the final result will make all that prodding worth it!:icon_chee

I do have the same experience with you guys, when I use my Freshlook Colorblends contact lens in dark brown, I notice that my vision is a little bit blurred and one of the reason is that the diameter is larger than our pupil..but I love the way I look when I am wearing the my contact lens, I look and feel prettier :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have also used Freshlooks in green!I use it sometimes when I go out!!

Love t!!:icon_chee

I wear contact lenses and I have dark brown eyes and I always wanted to try light brown or hazel contacts. I tried a pair on at the doctors and couldn't see a difference.

Is there a certain brand that's more noticeable than others? I heard also that there are sheer ones and more opaque ones.

Back