Colored contacts?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wore blue color contacts for years. I have dark brown eyes, and no one ever knew my blue eyes were fake. You have to go with the permanent contact (yearly), not the disposable ones. I had FreshLook Colorblends, I think they're around 250$/pair (vision correction included), but it's really worth it cuz the details in the coloring is amazing, and I never experience any blurryness or anything like that.

Do u need contact for your vision aswell? Have you gotten the contacts profestional fitted? Cos i heard if there not fitted for your eyes they screw up the outer layer of your eye and its causes irreversible damage.:icon_eek:

Since I wear non color contacts all the time, I have them fitted of course. I have worn colors in the past without any problem with blurriness. I have used difffent brands for the colors such as Freshlook, which I prefer.

There are two different kinds of colored contacts, sheer tinted ones to enhance light colored eyes, and ones that change dark colored eyes--these are the ones that have clear circles in the middle to go over your pupils. I think the trick is to not put anything dark over your pupil.

I have blue eyes but would love to try violet or light blue contacts. I've tried the tinted aqua ones, which were pretty but kind of fake looking.

If you're squeamish about putting your finger in your eyes, try this: close your eye and press your finger on the middle of your lid, then look to the side. Your eye moves but the lens is held in place by the pressure of your finger on your lid. When you open your eyes, your lens will be on the white part of your eye, which is easier to put your finger on then the colored part. You can put them in this way too. Just put the lens on the white part, close your eyes, and it will move to the colored part on its own.

I think Freshlook Colorblends are pretty good. Those were the first pair of contacts I ever wore, and they fit bad, my eyesight was always blurry and dry. I think they made my eyesight worse also because i've been wearing clear ever since, and my eyesight actually improved.

I've tried the freshlook ones too, the colour range is by far the most natural and I find them comfortable. I wear contacts every day, and I wore green ones for a while I waited for my regular ones to come in. I can report that I personally found them to be almost even more comfortable than my regular ones.

Definately no bluriness, but I do wear them for corrective purposes.

I wish I could get lasik but they told me my eyeshape would make it too hard :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was so, so dissapointed, I'd get it in a heartbeat if I could.

Which type freshlook do you wear? Are they the colorblends or just th regular?? Also what color do you have?

Accuvue disposables. I am from WV too Where are you--I haven't seen anyone from WV on here but us. Kookie-for COCO.

I am from Charleston. What about you? So you wear the acuvue disposables without any distortion in vision. Thanks for the info.

I also have Freshlook. I have only wore 1 pair because of them being Blurry. I can't see very well with them in. I have a Brownish/hazel color, but I wear blue. It's looks natural but when you can't see I don't guess it matters how you look...lol I am just going to get clear ones next time. I had a trial pair of those and loved them, but I lost one of them.

When I go out and will have a ton of makeup on, I consider my colored contacts. This has 2 advantages:

1. my regular clear ones won't get makeup gunk all in them

2. if, say, i'm wearing a plum eyeshadow, its brings the green out of my contacts. It looks a lot more natural this way, I think.

hmm that hasnt happened to me before, = but then i dnt wear coloured contacts, i wear circle lens, bt im sure they are the same principle =

I love wearing colored contacts as well and use Freshlook Colorblends often. I just love to change up my bland black eyes to green blends or hazel eyes. The slightly blurred vision comes with the territory since dryness accompanies wearing contacts and will therefore affect vision. Yawning or moisture drops can help. Hopefully your blurred vision is not too bad like mine. I can still see in 20/20 vision for the most part. Small sacrifice for beautiful eyes!

i'd love to try some, but my eyes are naturally dry, so until they make rigid colored contacts, i can't wear them. i heard good things about freshlook though.

I wear freshlook in green and I've tried loads of other colors. If yours are a bit blurry then they arent fitted right or they could need cleaning.

How do you know if the contacts is right fitting? Simple. Blink or move your eye and see if the contact moves a little up and down. If it doesn't move, it's too tight. The problem of a tight contact is because the cornea is nourished by the tears we produce and the substances produced by our eye glands. The tight contact won't allow the tears and substances to get on top of the cornea, and it will start to suffer from lack of oxygen and nutrients. You have to take care, because it can make the cornea ulcerate and become opaque, and the only way to fix it is with a cornea transplant.

Would love to try these but the regular ones made my eyes itch - I'd worry that these would too...

Back