Colored contacts?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LOVE contacts, but because of my skin tone, I am soooo careful with colors, because I for one don't want to look like a zombie or a mad woman. but I've worn colored contact for about 9 years, I wear Fresh Look Colorblends, they have are realistic and reasonable priced. You just have to make sure that you are extra careful because if you lose one it is extremely noticable.

I've tried the Freshlook color blends and thought they looked nice. I had never worn contacts prior to ordering these (I don't even wear glasses, these were non-prescription). I liked wearing them out and on the weekends but they were no bueno for work when I was trying to read my email and such. I had a dull headache all morning the one time I wore them to work. I ended up taking them out after lunch on that particular day (which is a feat in itself).

I had ordered two disposable sets but never used the 2nd pair. It was such a hassle trying to get them in and out it pretty much turned me off to the whole colored contact idea. They did look nice though.

I've worn freshlook in honey and grey. I too have had problems with blurriness... and not fully covering the colored portion of my eye... so... i'm thinking of reverting back to good ol' clear. I've found that aesthetically, I don't find them attractive anymore.

I've tried gray and purple; both looked really good on me but they made my eyes red. Maybe it's because I have decent eye sight and am not used to wearing contacts. Anyways, after a few tries I took them out, cuz nothing looks good with teary red eyes! I've also heard that they're bad for your eyes, because they're thicker than regular lenses so your eyeballs can't get enough oxygen or something.

Is there a website that will send you some colored contacts (free samples) that don't make you fill out surveys and purchase other crap?

No, probably you got red eyes because the lenses were too tight for your eyeballs - and too tight means no oxygen to the cornea - it's not caused by the fact they're thinner or thicker, but because it's blocking the natural flow of tears on the eye *they're responsible for the oxygenation of cornea, the area directly above the iris *(the colored part)

A good thing to see if you lense isn't tight is to blink or move the eye and see if the lense moves slightly around - if it doesn't move, that's a bad sign, meaning it's too tight and will harm your vision if you keep using it

I used to wear them- it was a phase. However, if you are planning to wear coloured contacts, go to your Opticians. The ones which you can buy for cheap from Chemists etc. are no good for your eyes, as they have not been fitted, which can cause problems.

I tried colored contact probably 15 years ago. I got the green ones to enhance my green eyes. All I saw was green tinted things, lol. I would like to try the ones out now. Thanks for posting this thread.

Back