gypsiemagic

Post Your Graze Boxes!

What shipping method are they using? I want to keep an eye out if its USPS, since my mailman seems to like to toss packages next to the mailbox at the end of the driveway (and then they end up in the rain drainage ditch...) rather than bringing them to the porch lately. -_-
Mine came via royal mail/usps.

What shipping method are they using? I want to keep an eye out if its USPS, since my mailman seems to like to toss packages next to the mailbox at the end of the driveway (and then they end up in the rain drainage ditch...) rather than bringing them to the porch lately. -_-
They use USPS. I think the Graze box would actually fit in your mailbox, though, so no tossing would be involved.

Originally Posted by TXSlainte View Post

They use USPS. I think the Graze box would actually fit in your mailbox, though, so no tossing would be involved.

Here's hoping!

I was kinda missing Graze, so I decided to sign back up for the every other week plan.

Created with GIMP

I find it weird/annoying, in preferences I selected that I wanted more snacks that I rated "like" or "love" but they seem to consistently give me at least two from my "try" list.  I can't quite figure out how their algorithm must be working to do that.  Half of every box being from the ones I rated "try" doesn't seem to fit my "I'd like to receive more snacks that I said I 'like' or 'love"" preference selection. 

ETA: Unless it takes into account the number of different snacks in each category, so I'm getting more "try" foods because I have more that I rated try?  I used it as somewhat of a catch-all for the foods that I didn't think I'd dislike but that I wasn't particularly excited about.  Maybe I should be quicker about just trashing the ones that don't make my mouth water just looking at the picture.  I could always untrash them later.

Originally Posted by Maggiedoll View Post

I was kinda missing Graze, so I decided to sign back up for the every other week plan.

Created with GIMP

I find it weird/annoying, in preferences I selected that I wanted more snacks that I rated "like" or "love" but they seem to consistently give me at least two from my "try" list.  I can't quite figure out how their algorithm must be working to do that.  Half of every box being from the ones I rated "try" doesn't seem to fit my "I'd like to receive more snacks that I said I 'like' or 'love"" preference selection. 

ETA: Unless it takes into account the number of different snacks in each category, so I'm getting more "try" foods because I have more that I rated try?  I used it as somewhat of a catch-all for the foods that I didn't think I'd dislike but that I wasn't particularly excited about.  Maybe I should be quicker about just trashing the ones that don't make my mouth water just looking at the picture.  I could always untrash them later.

Do you have a lot of snacks listed as like or love? They don't make every snack every week. If you're getting a lot of trys despite asking for mostly like/love, it might just be that you don't have enough like/love snacks to fill a box for that particular week depending on what the kitchens are making.

My first graze box arrived today!

• Orange and Ginger Flapjack
  • Jaffa Cake
  • Cheddar Gorge
  • Chocolate Orange Granola

I'm TRYING to not eat it all right away. I did open Jaffa Cake and boy is it good. The orange-infused raisins in particular, and I'm not usually a raisin fan at all. They give everything in the package a really delicious orange flavor. I could honestly eat a whole bag of the orange raisins alone. There were only 4 chocolate pieces, but the whole thing is CRAZY sweet so its actually perfect. And I say that as someone with a ridiculous sweet tooth. I could only eat half, I'm saving the rest for later. Really filling and definitely scratches the chocolate/sweet tooth itch. I'm putting this on like. Its good, but REALLY sweet and something I think i'll save for when my sweet tooth cravings are calling.

So, more graze box #1 reviews! I just had the orange and ginger flapjack for breakfast. I didn't expect to really LOVE love it since sometimes ginger flavors are a hit or miss, but this was INSANELY delicious. I figured it would be just a normal granola bar, but its really soft and chewy, like a homemade bar. The orange isn't overpowering and the ginger flavor gives it just a little spice.

Definitely a love, i'd buy these bars in bulk tbh. i have the chocolate-honeycomb version coming in next week's box and i am sooooo excited. I want more!

So, more graze box #1 reviews! I just had the orange and ginger flapjack for breakfast. I didn't expect to really LOVE love it since sometimes ginger flavors are a hit or miss, but this was INSANELY delicious. I figured it would be just a normal granola bar, but its really soft and chewy, like a homemade bar. The orange isn't overpowering and the ginger flavor gives it just a little spice. Definitely a love, i'd buy these bars in bulk tbh. i have the chocolate-honeycomb version coming in next week's box and i am sooooo excited. I want more!
These are so simple to make! Here is a recipe: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2010/03/british_flapjacks These would just need some orange zest and either ground or grated ginger, depending on your preference.
  • Like 1

Last week's Graze box:

Honeycomb Crunch, Salt and Vinegar nut selection, Herby bread basket, Dark Rocky Road

*I ate most of it before I could take good pics icon_redface.gif

Next Week's Graze box:

Honeycomb Flapjack, Bakewell tart, My thai, Pomodoro rustichella

Did they get rid of the Strawberry Milkshake snack? I LOVE the strawberries in Garden of England and have been waiting to try Strawberry Milkshake, but I just noticed it's not on the website anymore :(

Originally Posted by tara1012 View Post

Did they get rid of the Strawberry Milkshake snack? I LOVE the strawberries in Garden of England and have been waiting to try Strawberry Milkshake, but I just noticed it's not on the website anymore :(

Yeah they did :( they said something about reformulating it or something. Making it better somehow before they relist it. I loved the one I got :(

Originally Posted by Scooby384 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tara1012 View Post

Yeah they did :( they said something about reformulating it or something. Making it better somehow before they relist it. I loved the one I got :(

Thanks! Well, I'm glad they're planning on relisting it at least. I'd really like to try it.

I finished the rest of box 1 last night/today and I'm really impressed!

Cheddar Gorge - I wasn't expecting to be wowed by this because I don't usually like savory flavors or anything remotely spicy. I'm a big wuss. It was REALLY good though. The cheese cashews were insane.. they need to offer those on their own tbh. I surprisingly liked the salsa corn sticks too - just the right amount of spice to give it a little kick and flavor. The baked herb bites were kinda meh, they had an odd sytrofoam-ish texture and a mixture of herbs that I thought was a bit too strong. There weren't many of those though, and the cheese cashews made up for it. Like.

Chocolate Orange Granola - This wasn't bad at all, it just wasn't very exciting. I couldn't really taste the orange flavor at all in the raisins or the granola, which was odd since it was so pronounced in the jaffa cake. The chocolate in this was a lot better than in the jaffa cake - just the right size for a hint of flavor and sweetness rather than overpowering like jaffa's chocolate pieces were. The almonds in this were really good. Again, I didn't hate this, it was just kinda boring. I think if they kicked up the orange flavor it could be really delicious. I wouldnt turn my nose up if it showed up in another box, but I can't say its something I really liked or am chomping at the bit to try again.. so I'm not sure what to rate this. Honestly, I'll probably trash it for now.. there are so many other things to try I don't want to bother with something so meh!

So for box 1 I've got 1 love (orange and ginger flapjack), 2 like (jaffa cake and cheddar gorge), and 1 'meh' that I'm going to trash just because it was boring (chocolate orange granola). Not bad for a first box, I think!

Next week's box is looking yummy:

• Chocolate Honeycomb Flapjack
  • Pomodoro Rustichella
  • Garden of England
  • Natural Vanilla Seeds

I officially got the first snack I've actually hated (out of...I don't know how many boxes, but I've subbed since the first one!)

Pure Vitality.

The Inca berries are incredibly sour, ick! I ended up picking out the apricots and just eating them. The pumpkin seeds are okay but unflavored and boring. This one is a trash, for sure.

I also tried Nacho Libre. This one is okay. The salsa almonds are yummy! The chilli corn and cheesy sombreros are okay. This one will probably be a like.

As with several of the savory mixes, I wish you could get the flavored nuts without the other things! 

That is REALLY odd that the inca berries were sour. You might actually want to email them about that - they might have gone bad or not been ripe. Inca berries are supposedly 'sweet and mildly tart' according to most descriptions i've read. i've never had them so idk, but that sounds off!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

I officially got the first snack I've actually hated (out of...I don't know how many boxes, but I've subbed since the first one!)

Pure Vitality.

The Inca berries are incredibly sour, ick! I ended up picking out the apricots and just eating them. The pumpkin seeds are okay but unflavored and boring. This one is a trash, for sure.

I also tried Nacho Libre. This one is okay. The salsa almonds are yummy! The chilli corn and cheesy sombreros are okay. This one will probably be a like.

As with several of the savory mixes, I wish you could get the flavored nuts without the other things! 

That sounds familiar, I had a mix one time with berries that I literally thought tasted sour. I wonder if this was it. Hmm

Originally Posted by unicorn View Post

That is REALLY odd that the inca berries were sour. You might actually want to email them about that - they might have gone bad or not been ripe. Inca berries are supposedly 'sweet and mildly tart' according to most descriptions i've read. i've never had them so idk, but that sounds off!

Inca berries are not really sweet.

When they are fresh apparently they look like tiny tomatoes. I actually bought some that were fresh here and did not realize it was the same thing as they were grown here and called something else like "cerise de terre" or ground cherry/berry.

They looked like tiny tomatoes and had nothing to do with berries at all....

My friend looked this up last week, so I did not know this either.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physalis_peruviana

I just read it is related to the tomatillo....really???

Just changed my Graze box to once a month delivery.    I was really hoping they'd add some new items.

Originally Posted by ktb1 View Post

Just changed my Graze box to once a month delivery.    I was really hoping they'd add some new items.

They seem to change stuff up seasonally (i assume with what is more readily available/in-season), so i'd expect some new stuff for summertime soon. hopefully they'll be opening the US kitchen soon so they can offer stuff like the popcorn, brownies, and teacakes!

Originally Posted by unicorn View Post

They seem to change stuff up seasonally (i assume with what is more readily available/in-season), so i'd expect some new stuff for summertime soon. hopefully they'll be opening the US kitchen soon so they can offer stuff like the popcorn, brownies, and teacakes!

That's what I'm hoping for! I'm only getting boxes every once and awhile right now but I'm really hoping that new stuff starts cropping up soon. It just HAS to if they open a facility in the US, and given the demand that seems very likely.

I'm so excited! I managed to get a Graze code. I'm suppose to receive my box next week but I just hope it comes before I leave for my trip so I can bring some with me

My latest box just arrived! Seems like they're on a pretty good shipping schedule now - my boxes arrive almost exactly a week after being charged.

Originally Posted by morre22 View Post

I got my 3rd box in and the bonnie wee oatbakes were gross lol

Aw I actually have them as a like.