Sign in to follow this  
JC327

Julep: March 2013

Originally Posted by audiophilekate View Post

What is the other color you used?

Revlon's chocolate!

Originally Posted by jesemiaud View Post

Very cool! How did you do this?

I heard about it online awhile back. I took a plastic baggy like a sandwich bag and crinkle it between my two fingers and then dip it into a brown polish. I dab it acouple times on newspaper until it has a light, dry pay off and I dab it on the nail! Its quite easy to do!

I'm super excited! I just ordered my first box and I'll be getting a welcome box, which I assume is different then a regular box?

I'm getting a Sienna Polish (which is gold! I've been obsessed with gold polish and I'm supper excited!)

Eva Polish (which is a pretty berryish pink color. I don't think I have one like this)

A foot warming lotion thing which I'm super excited about because I actually kinda need this!

I've been wanting julep for awhile so I'm glad I finally subbed! (:

Originally Posted by smiletorismile View Post

I'm super excited! I just ordered my first box and I'll be getting a welcome box, which I assume is different then a regular box?

I'm getting a Sienna Polish (which is gold! I've been obsessed with gold polish and I'm supper excited!)

Eva Polish (which is a pretty berryish pink color. I don't think I have one like this)

A foot warming lotion thing which I'm super excited about because I actually kinda need this!

just used the foot scrub tonight--it smells really good and makes feet soft ! However it got on my nails and stripped it of color and made the polish matte...

Originally Posted by votedreads View Post

just used the foot scrub tonight--it smells really good and makes feet soft ! However it got on my nails and stripped it of color and made the polish matte...

Thanks for warning me!

The intro boxes aren't the same as the monthly maven boxes.  They have products that were in past monthly maven boxes, but they're still pretty awesome.  I love the foot scrub.  I keep it in my shower.  My favorite Julep non-nail polish products are the pedi creme and the cuticle oil, which I have 2 of (one for home and one for my bag).  

Originally Posted by audiophilekate View Post

The intro boxes aren't the same as the monthly maven boxes.  They have products that were in past monthly maven boxes, but they're still pretty awesome.  I love the foot scrub.  I keep it in my shower.  My favorite Julep non-nail polish products are the pedi creme and the cuticle oil, which I have 2 of (one for home and one for my bag).  

the current intro boxes are pretty awesome; i had to order the one with robin, stefani and the scrub. i will never wear stefani but i've been wanting robin, which has been OOS forever, and i love scrubs. when i got my welcome box, it wasn't that impressive. the cuticle oil is not the best i've used, nor does it smell good. i've gone to sally's and picked up two on different occasions that are more moisturizing and longer lasting on the hands, plus they were less than $5 each. i do like the roll on feature of the julep one though. the intro box i originally had contained kathleen and chelsea, the former of which is a sheer metallic yellow with some really fine sparkle: pretty but i'm not in love with it. i can't stand chelsea, a dark magenta/multi color glitter.

I really love Eva!  Here it is on me :)

Originally Posted by r4chel77 View Post

the current intro boxes are pretty awesome; i had to order the one with robin, stefani and the scrub. i will never wear stefani but i've been wanting robin, which has been OOS forever, and i love scrubs. when i got my welcome box, it wasn't that impressive. the cuticle oil is not the best i've used, nor does it smell good. i've gone to sally's and picked up two on different occasions that are more moisturizing and longer lasting on the hands, plus they were less than $5 each. i do like the roll on feature of the julep one though. the intro box i originally had contained kathleen and chelsea, the former of which is a sheer metallic yellow with some really fine sparkle: pretty but i'm not in love with it. i can't stand chelsea, a dark magenta/multi color glitter.

I used Chelsea as a drip mani over China Glaze Liquid Leather.  Wish I took a pic of it, it was awesome.  I will definitely do it again, it was a great combo!

Originally Posted by nvr2old4glitter View Post

I really love Eva!  Here it is on me :)

I'm really confused... I got Eva back in November in my intro box, and it looks completely different.  I like the new Eva berry color better.  I even went back and looked at my bottle again, and it says "Eva".  Here's a swatch I did back in November.

Originally Posted by Krendall View Post

I'm really confused... I got Eva back in November in my intro box, and it looks completely different.  I like the new Eva berry color better.  I even went back and looked at my bottle again, and it says "Eva".  Here's a swatch I did back in November.

Looks like they reformulated the color, they should have just changed the name if it was going to be that big of a difference. I like the berry colored Eva as well.

Originally Posted by Krendall View Post

Wow that is crazy!!! Why the heck wouldn't they give the new color a new name? lol