Julep: March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the carol color. I wonder whats special about the rock candy polishes. they all say "barely there" so if they're sheer, I never wanna see them again. I HATE sheer nail polish. I don't understand the appeal.

i love sheer polishes!! i don't like too much color, just a hint so i don't look to done up (same with my makeup)

to me thats a sheer nail polish. it possible I don't have the correct definition

**not my picture, found it on google images. links to a blog.

Ew. I hate sheer polish or any polish that reveals my nail line. Anyways, does anybody else thing 'rock candy' is a weird name for sheer polish? I feel like it'd be some cool new nail effect.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Found these previews for future polishes via the Julep FB page from here: http://polishjinx.blogspot.ca/2013/02/julep-maven-sneak-peek.html

She did say they might not be the next box, but future months, but hm... I wonder if we're getting any of these. The second set is very easter-y and pastel. I'm a huge sucker for pastels (duh), and I'd love to try those.

As mentioned, these items are already on the sephora website... so not really new information. Most likely  probably the same scenario as the mattes from November. We'll get them in our boxes, eventually.

Since Julep now has four polish boxes and one products box, I'm guessing each of the boxes is going to get its own colour assignment, and then a second repeat colour or maybe even a new colour. Or maybe they'll be released together!!
I would LOVE if these were our next box choices!   I'm imagining the rock candy glaze over top it's sister creme color and then the freedom top coat... Like jelly shoes on my nails!!

Originally Posted by hiheather /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ew. I hate sheer polish or any polish that reveals my nail line.

Anyways, does anybody else thing 'rock candy' is a weird name for sheer polish? I feel like it'd be some cool new nail effect.
i dont' have a nail line because my nails are so short lol maybe that's why i like them

Honestly, I'm glad they changed the packaging for that hand scrub. It looks A LOT nicer now, much more modern and pretty.

The old package is just so boring and plain. Plus I hate white tubes because if you have any dirt on your hands at all, or any dust lands on them, it gets into the little grooves where the plastic is pinched together on the end and it looks so nasty.

I might switch to the products box for awhile since I have sooooooo many nail polishes already!

Yeah, if they're offering sheers, I'll be skipping this month for sure. I hate them. I'd rather just go with no polish at all.

I hope the sheers look more like jellies. That photo just looks like stained nails. D:
That's what I'm hoping for. I'll wait for better swatches and whatever options are available. . I'm not a huge fan of sheers either, but if they're more jelly.. count me in!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll jump on sheers, depending on the shades. More options for a jelly sandwich!
too funny, MissLindaJean and I are were just talking about jelly sandwiches yesterday and look here...more options.  I've always had a hard time finding jellies...any suggestions?  I know about Zoya Frieda (thanks MissLindaJean!) but any others?  Does Julep have any jellies?

OPI had a line of jellies a couple of years ago.  They called them "sorbets," but it's the same thing.  Check out the Texas Collection.  Zoya has several other jellies, too.

I'll jump on sheers, depending on the shades. More options for a jelly sandwich!
I thought you quit/switched to SquareHue! XD Julep is very addicting isn't it

I thought you quit/switched to SquareHue! XD Julep is very addicting isn't it
Missed the promo for Square Hue and succumbed to Julep upon whispers of holos. Call me a weak willed woman with pretty nails lol.

Do you care to expound and enlighten us? Lol... we love spoilers!
Oh, I was a sneak peak maven for march. I can't say much until the 20th, but I felt there was no harm in putting a few peoples' fears to rest! 

Back