Sign in to follow this  
goldenmeans

Birchbox April 2013

Originally Posted by Beeyutifull View Post

I am SO stoked about my box!!

I am getting...

Caudalie Divine Oil -

StriVectin-SDâ„¢ Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles- meh I am OK with this but my bf got it in his birchbox this month so now I have two....trade?
Youngblood Anti-Shine Mattifier- wooohoo I wanted this!!

Ahhh you're the first one I've seen who's gotten the mattifier!! Super jealous, great box!

Geez.  I am not having a good month with my boxes.  All but the hair clips from my Sample Society box have gone on my trade list & I have a feeling the same will happen with my Ipsy bag.  I'm getting box 23 on my main account

and box 38 on my 2nd account

I hope I like the Nexxus & Strivectin - or find someone who will be willing to trade - since I'm getting 2 of each of those.  At least I'm not getting any perfume.  I think I'm starting to become burnt out on samples.  Thank goodness for trades.

Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

So.... if you're pale, you can still rock the orangey mirenesse. I was amazed at how it looks on me!

That looks so pretty on you! Makes me a little less scared to get that color (if I get this at all). It definitely works on you! :)

Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

So.... if you're pale, you can still rock the orangey mirenesse. I was amazed at how it looks on me!

You look great with that color!! Now I'm a little upset that I didn't get the lippie in my box....I am just about your color :) I could totally pull that off!

Rock it momma!

Oribe Shampoo for Beautiful Color
Oribe Conditioner for Beautiful Color
Skin&Co Bagnodoccia Body Gel
Hail Merry Macaroons
Supergoop!® Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream
StriVectin-SDâ„¢ Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles

not overly excited for any of these items, but still happy, especially since I have 6 items for the first time!

So even though I'm not getting any nail polish I'm still thrilled with my box, because it has no food and is the variation I really really wanted.

Juice Beauty CC Cream
Beauty Protector
Caudalie Sos eye cream-I love this brand!
Yes to Carrots Lip Butter-I've always wanted to try these!
Yes to Grapefruit Facial Scrub-I've wanted to try this after trying the grapefruit wipes
Yes to Cucumbers Facial Towlettes! The best part of the box!!! I might buy some of these when I buy the nail polish (:

Originally Posted by smiletorismile View Post

So even though I'm not getting any nail polish I'm still thrilled with my box, because it has no food and is the variation I really really wanted.

Juice Beauty CC Cream

Beauty Protector

Caudalie Sos eye cream-I love this brand!

Yes to Carrots Lip Butter-I've always wanted to try these!

Yes to Grapefruit Facial Scrub-I've wanted to try this after trying the grapefruit wipes

Yes to Cucumbers Facial Towlettes! The best part of the box!!! I might buy some of these when I buy the nail polish (:

And 6 items to review, that is awesome too!

Guest ButterflyGrl

I'm getting box 23. Not unhappy, not thrilled, but definitely stuff I would like to try. Wanted the nail polish though. I did notice something interesting. I have gotten box 23 for 3 of the last 4 months. Anyone else notice a trend in box numbers?

Originally Posted by MrsMeow View Post

Here are my 2 boxes.  No nail polish for me, so I'm totally buying some.  I've been coveting that type of nailpolish ever since I saw my boss had some a month or two ago!  I'm overall pretty happy with my boxes, but definitely like the box from my main account better (where I am truthful about age, likes, etc) vs my second account, where I am the 20something version of myself.

Box 23 (main account)-

Mighty Leaf Tea – I hate tea, so gross

Caudalie Divine Oil – Ooh, I just read what this is, and I’m so excited

Nexxus Youth Renewal Rejuvenating Elixir – Wanted this!

StriVectin-SD Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles – Well…I could probably use this, lol

Mirenesse Glossy Kiss – Wanted this!

Box 10 (second account)-

Herban Essentials Towelettes – Meh, w/ 2 young kids, I have baby wipes everywhere.

(Malin-Goetz) cilantro hair conditioner – Cilantro is my arch nemesis (cilantro gene, anyone?) but since I’m not eating it, I may try it

Hail Mary Macaroons – I almost always like food!

Caudalie SOS Morning Eye Rescue – BB is clearly telling me I need help around the eyes

Mirenesse Glossy Kiss – Wanted this…hopefully it’s awesome enough to want 2!

well since it's something kind of soap-ish, then the cilantro should be fine! haha  i finace always talked about how much he hated cilantro, it tastes like soap - i thought he was nuts!  Turns out he has the gene that makes it taste off and I don't - he also has the one that makes him taste more bitter things and i don't... (we both did the 23andme genetic testing)

Originally Posted by ButterflyGrl View Post

I'm getting box 23. Not unhappy, not thrilled, but definitely stuff I would like to try. Wanted the nail polish though. I did notice something interesting. I have gotten box 23 for 3 of the last 4 months. Anyone else notice a trend in box numbers?

I'm getting box 23 too! Was really hoping for nail polish or the Yes To... samples, so feel kind of meh about this one. Thinking I need to change my profile, as I don't want to keep getting wrinkle cream. Last month I received box 18, so it's strange that you keep getting box 23.

Ok, I finally got in!

Looks like I am getting box 40

Ojon rare blend oil total hair therapy

Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue - meh
Supergoop! Advanced SPF 37 Anti-Aging Eye Cream
Miranesse Glossy Kiss
Kusimi Tea Paris - Wellness Miniature Assortment - meh

Not the most exciting box ever, but definitely some things I have been wanting to try!

Originally Posted by jnm9jem View Post

Same as box 3! (I'm getting this too - I'm looking forward to it!) 

I'm getting:

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/april-2013/april-2013-bb17

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/april-2013/april-2013-bb1

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/april-2013/april-2013-bb37

I don't know what I'm going to be doing with 2 of the polishes. hopefully they'll be different colors. And 3 rollers...  If anyone wants to trade, let me know. I was really hoping for the youngblood.

Originally Posted by jnm9jem View Post

Ok, I finally got in!

Ojon rare blend oil total hair therapy

Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue - meh
Supergoop! Advanced SPF 37 Anti-Aging Eye Cream
Miranesse Glossy Kiss
Kusimi Tea Paris - Wellness Miniature Assortment - meh

Not the most exciting box ever, but definitely some things I have been wanting to try!

I know you are not psyched on the tea, but the kusmi tea they have sent me before has been some of the best I've ever had.  I have a huge loose tin of euphoria and it really is special.

Getting box 4 and 37 - I think had I not seen the mirenesse I'd love box 37, buti really want that damn lip color now!! Oh well! I really need to make a trade thread I have so much stuff
I'm getting both of those boxes too! DOUBLE BOX TWINS! Lol......I felt the same way about not getting a lippie too. Hoping for either Peony or Groupie for my polish shade. Most excited for the Youngblood....my face is extra greasy in the summer months.

That looks so pretty on you!  Definitely pulling it off.  :)
That looks so pretty on you! Makes me a little less scared to get that color (if I get this at all). It definitely works on you! :)
You look great with that color!! Now I'm a little upset that I didn't get the lippie in my box....I am just about your color :) I could totally pull that off! Rock it momma!
Thank you so much ladies! Haha I made sure my entire outfit and all the rest of my makeup was neutral... It is crazy bright! But your comments are giving me confidence!

Originally Posted by gemstone View Post

I know you are not psyched on the tea, but the kusmi tea they have sent me before has been some of the best I've ever had.  I have a huge loose tin of euphoria and it really is special.

That makes me feel better! Thanks!

My acct shows box 23! If the sample sizes aren't super tiny this will be the best box I have ever received from BB.

So.... if you're pale, you can still rock the orangey mirenesse. I was amazed at how it looks on me! 400
Bold! Love it! I think pale chicks don't realize just how striking bright lip color looks on them. It's old Hollywood glamour! A classic! I'm pretty pasty pale, and my default lip color nowadays is hot hot pink (think stila lip balm in Betsey) since I got bored with bright bright red (my preferred color for years). I would be wary of this one only because I'm not comfortable in warmer colors.

I'm getting box 40 too. More tea, which I don't drink. :- But the rest is okay-ish. I've been wanting to try the hair products tho so I'm gonna call this one a win at this point.

Originally Posted by Elizabeth Mac View Post

Same as box 3! (I'm getting this too - I'm looking forward to it!) 

That is odd... they are EXACTLY the same!! Have you gotten your box yet? Maybe the listing is wrong on mine? I know they have had mix-ups before...

My box showed up today! It was box 10, I think? I'm pretty happy with it!

I got:

Malin + Goetz cilantro hair conditioner - I prefer shampoo and conditioner together, but I'd rather get a conditioner alone than a shampoo. I like cilantro. I'll try it!

Caudalie SOS Morning Eye Rescue - I love eye creams, so I'm happy about this. Tiny little tube but it's an eye cream so it will go a long way.

Herban Essentials Towelette - I got 2, in lavender and peppermint. I've had these before. They're nothing spectacular, just towelettes with essential oils, but I am happy to have them anyway.

Mirenesse Glossy Kiss Lipstick - I wasn't sure about this color (I think it's called Quick Kiss?) but I do like it on. I love the texture!

Hail Merry macaroons - I have tried these before. Not a fan, but I'm glad they make them for raw foodies, vegans, gluten free folks, etc.