Sign in to follow this  
Guest kimmud2

Panty Fly discussion

It seems like every order that has been posted in these last few days has been wrong size or wrong style? I know people make mistakes but jeeze it's not like they're at Birchbox's level with the amount of subs yet.

Originally Posted by xoxoJannet View Post

The green is cute and it's actually a brand we are familiar with!(: Lucky you.

Yeah the green ones are my favorite. They are super comfy. I got lucky last month also with all 3 from american apparel. 

I got the same green pair but in light pink. But, it was a size small and I am definitely a size medium at least. So, I emailed them but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows View Post

It seems like every order that has been posted in these last few days has been wrong size or wrong style? I know people make mistakes but jeeze it's not like they're at Birchbox's level with the amount of subs yet.

lol mine were all fine. i'm really happy with them. sadly the number of times birchbox has let me down (product wise AND customer service wise) is worse than PF at this point. However, BB does not have a shady background. And I haven't experienced any weird CS emails from PF. Not to praise them or anything, cuz they're still doing crazy shady stuff.

So I have to give them some credit too.  I sent them and email yesterday following up on the damaged pair in my first packet and saying that I hadn't received the promised replacement. I got an email back 12 hours later that sounds like a more 'real CS' email, signed by an actual person with a name unlike their prior emails.  She said mid month is their busy time so it got lost in the shuffle, essentially, but that they'd be sending me out a pack of 3 for the inconvenience, and I got a tracking email immediately afterwards.  To me, this is very good CS, and I did want to let you guys know.

Did you delete your screenshots from your facebook wall, Zadi? I have to admit...I was curious!

...though I really don't understand why so many people are starting up new subs unprepared. First RCB, now this. Take a business class, people! 

Originally Posted by thewendyyybird View Post

Did you delete your screenshots from your facebook wall, Zadi? I have to admit...I was curious!

...though I really don't understand why so many people are starting up new subs unprepared. First RCB, now this. Take a business class, people! 

I actually don't think this sub is doing *that* badly in terms of the product itself- they are sending panties,of varying quality sure, but they are sending them, in the amounts promised.  They seem to be working to resolve issues when they make mistakes with the panties they send.  The real issue is their 'personal' behavior regarding this forum and certain forum mods, at least so far.

Wow.  icon_eek.gif

Just caught up on what's going on with this company (slooooooow morning at work).

At first it sounded like a really cool idea.  And then their crazy showed.  Could you imagine if BB or Ipsy acted like that?

Wouldn't it make the most epic story if we found out that RCB and this dude were somehow related?  I'm gonna hang around to see what happens...I love a good drama.  icon_cheesygrin.gif

ETA:  If it counts for anything...I really liked a lot of the panties I've seen here.  They don't look too terribly bad or cheap.

Nope it's still there. Click on Photos > Albums. It's just buried since I've added stuff to my blog and wall this weekend.

Originally Posted by tulosai View Post

I actually don't think this sub is doing *that* badly in terms of the product itself- they are sending panties,of varying quality sure, but they are sending them, in the amounts promised.  They seem to be working to resolve issues when they make mistakes with the panties they send.  The real issue is their 'personal' behavior regarding this forum and certain forum mods, at least so far.

....Perhaps a PR class, then. rotfl.gif

Personally, their online behavior makes them bad business owners. I was thinking about joining this sub, but had been putting it off because I really shouldn't spend more money right now. But now, because of all the crazy stuff they've done and the bad marketing, I wouldn't give them a cent, no matter how awesome their customer service is or what have you. 

I wouldn't stay w/ them if they were sending la perla underwear (well maybe I would), but my point is, I won't continue no matter how great their products are. The lies & dishonesty, along w/ weekend meltdown/tantrum are too important to ignore.

Originally Posted by Hellocat4 View Post

I wouldn't stay w/ them if they were sending la perla underwear (well maybe I would), but my point is, I won't continue no matter how great their products are. The lies & dishonesty, along w/ weekend meltdown/tantrum are too important to ignore.

I have to agree with this,  just doing what you promise each month to your customers doesn't really cut it for me. Especially now that we're in an age where you can find basically anything you want on the internet. The opportunity to score some american apparel underwear doesn't make up for the other ugly/low quality panties they're sending out. In addition to everything else that has happened in the past week.

They really aren't doing what they've promised either. They removed sizes from the site and didn't even contact the people with 3 month subscriptions in those sizes to offer a refund or at least notify them.

....Perhaps a PR class, then. rotfl.gif

Personally, their online behavior makes them bad business owners. I was thinking about joining this sub, but had been putting it off because I really shouldn't spend more money right now. But now, because of all the crazy stuff they've done and the bad marketing, I wouldn't give them a cent, no matter how awesome their customer service is or what have you. 

I just want to clarify I am neither meaning to defend nor bash them.  I'm just describing my own experience as objectively as possible and giving credit for some things they have been doing right for me.  At this point I can't imagine continuing the sub after 3 months either.

Originally Posted by Sputinka View Post

They really aren't doing what they've promised either. They removed sizes from the site and didn't even contact the people with 3 month subscriptions in those sizes to offer a refund or at least notify them.

I agree. At this point it's like borderline bare minimum LOL.

Originally Posted by Sputinka View Post

I got a refund, burt only because it took me a month to get mine, and  they were the wrong size. Could definitely handle things much better.

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

LOL Well he does call Private Messages EMAILS so who knows. Some people are just not tech savvy. LOL

Now, bear in mind that my hubby had to be dragged into the 20th Century, kicking, screaming, and whinging like a pissed off 3 year old and now, he can't seem to spend more than 5 minutes off of his smartphone's web browser (despite refusing to carry a cellphone until 2009).

Despite his love for his smartphone, he STILL firmly believes that:

* If you want to watch home-made videos, you watch them "at The YouTube" and you buy music "at The iTunes," and you shop for bargains and deals "at The eBay Place."

* He STILL believes that every "alert" he receives from funny email addies regarding "his account" with ABSA/PayPal/Regions Bank (whom we've never had a relationship with) is FOAR REALZ and flips out each time he sees them, immediately calling me from his office to demand that I track down the problem.

* When surfing online, he is ESPECIALLY vigilant about whether or not his bankcard is in view, on the off-chance that his computer has been hacked and there is a chance that some evul haxxor is watching him. The man has NO webcam on the computer in question.

However, on the the plus side, he was the only person in his ENTIRE office that, when faced with the lack of a white paper's availability online thought to contact their technical library for said white paper.

The scary thing about all of this? This man has an IQ that would shame the average Mensa member into feeling st00pid. o_O  He just doesn't care enough to see how his perceptions are wrong.

Meanwhile, I fricking LOVE all things technological.

Originally Posted by katlyne View Post

that seems like a good marketing strategy to me... witty, appealing, memorable, and the best? Controversial.

My first thoughts when I saw that image were 1) those paper towels look too freaking rough to evah touch any of MY delicate areas, and 2) isn't it usually the MALE that needs paper towels to clean up after some happy alone time? o_O

Now, bear in mind that my hubby had to be dragged into the 20th Century, kicking, screaming, and whinging like a pissed off 3 year old and now, he can't seem to spend more than 5 minutes off of his smartphone's web browser (despite refusing to carry a cellphone until 2009). Despite his love for his smartphone, he STILL firmly believes that: * If you want to watch home-made videos, you watch them "at The YouTube" and you buy music "at The iTunes," and you shop for bargains and deals "at The eBay Place." * He STILL believes that every "alert" he receives from funny email addies regarding "his account" with ABSA/PayPal/Regions Bank (whom we've never had a relationship with) is FOAR REALZ and flips out each time he sees them, immediately calling me from his office to demand that I track down the problem. * When surfing online, he is ESPECIALLY vigilant about whether or not his bankcard is in view, on the off-chance that his computer has been hacked and there is a chance that some evul haxxor is watching him. The man has NO webcam on the computer in question. However, on the the plus side, he was the only person in his ENTIRE office that, when faced with the lack of a white paper's availability online thought to contact their technical library for said white paper. The scary thing about all of this? This man has an IQ that would shame the average Mensa member into feeling st00pid. o_O  He just doesn't care enough to see how his perceptions are wrong. Meanwhile, I fricking LOVE all things technological.
This is related yet unrelated: My dad, who is 65 and got on the Internet a little over 5 years ago, STILL refers to emails as "letters" lol

Originally Posted by AtomicBunny View Post

This is related yet unrelated: My dad, who is 65 and got on the Internet a little over 5 years ago, STILL refers to emails as "letters" lol

My mom calls Facebook "my website."

Originally Posted by tulosai View Post

I just want to clarify I am neither meaning to defend nor bash them.  I'm just describing my own experience as objectively as possible and giving credit for some things they have been doing right for me.  At this point I can't imagine continuing the sub after 3 months either.

I hear ya!  I've had nothing but positive interactions with them, and I do actually like the panties I've gotten, but I'm not sticking around after my 3-month trial.  I'd love to see them learn some good marketing skills and business ethics and come back with a whole new mindset.  

Originally Posted by KayEss View Post

My mom calls Facebook "my website."

My husband's grandma signs every FB post with her name, and every time she leaves a comment on a post, she signs it "Love, Mamaw" wub.gif

But hey, props to her for having FB!  I love it!  (Oh, and my grandpa cannot figure out how to turn off CAPSLOCK. EVERY POST IS LIKE THIS.)

I got my replacement pairs for them messing up my size. Two of the pairs weren't true to size but one of the pairs was American Apparel so that was good.

Ok so I finally read this entire thing. I was struck from the very beginning that Kimmud sounded like a shill. I don't know...maybe I'm just jaded but something seemed really off about the way they would respond to posts.