Sign in to follow this  
ydlr20

New Beauty Testtube July/August 2013

I got an email yesterday saying that the next tube should arrive by 7/12, so I thought I might start this thread for the upcoming tube. I'm hoping they keep stepping up their game and really become a "new and improved" tube.

i am really hoping for an improved testtube from the last 2...i got an email too it also said they will be shipping every 2 months now...wow they have already been doing that...this is the sub i used to look most forward to so i really hope its better.

I just signed up. I got the fall/winter and then winter/spring (or something like that) tubes. My first was great, the second left me feeling cheated, and I watched others get the next one and was like Whaaa!!!??? in a bad way. I liked what I saw from this last tube, so I'm back. They get another shot to wow me and become what they were when I signed up!! :) I'm excited. 

Are they not doing the QVC tube anymore? I've been watching to see, but there hasn't been one up at all. I like the NBTT, but some have been bad, so I like to see the contents ahead of time. 

I really hope that doesn't mean they'll continue to just send out samples from old QVC tubes.  I don't like the cleaning the sample closet feel of the last tube, unless they want to send me a tube full of Suki exfoliator.  patches.gif

Although, most samples from old QVC tubes will be new to me, but the heavy emphasis on skin care (specifically anti aging/moisturizer) isn't a huge interest for me.  I'm willing to hang in there because I usually discover some really cool items from each tube, but it's getting harder to justify the price of the sub.  

Man, I kind of wish I hadn't cancelled. I wouldn't mind getting the qvc leftovers. I was on qvc and they don't have a tube for sale. That's why I cancelled, because I thought I would still be able to buy one if I wanted to. The June pictures look pretty great, I might have to reconsider my cancellation lol

Hi, ladies! I'm super new to MUT, so this may not be the right place to ask, but since I saw someone in an earlier comment mention the Suki exfoliate, I was hoping to get everyone 's thoughts on it as I just went ahead and shelled out the $33 to buy it! I've just discovered beauty subs and need an exfoliater ASAP, so I'm hoping I made a good choice! Anyone care to confirm this for me??

Originally Posted by Tiffany27la View Post

Hi, ladies! I'm super new to MUT, so this may not be the right place to ask, but since I saw someone in an earlier comment mention the Suki exfoliate, I was hoping to get everyone 's thoughts on it as I just went ahead and shelled out the $33 to buy it! I've just discovered beauty subs and need an exfoliater ASAP, so I'm hoping I made a good choice! Anyone care to confirm this for me??

I just got a sample of the Suki exfoliate in my Birchbox this month and I love it.  I'm definitely going to buy it soon although the price makes me cringe.  I thought my skin looked and felt better right after using it and it is the best smelling product I've used.  There's a lot of other positive reviews for it in the Birchbox thread for this month.

Originally Posted by Tiffany27la View Post

I am in love with Suki. It is fantastic and smells heavenly!

I think they sell a 1 or 2 oz version so you can buy that first to try it.

But it's really a wonderful product.

The only downside is you must make sure to shut it tight because it's natural and can dry out if it's not properly closed.

I just got a sample of the Suki exfoliate in my Birchbox this month and I love it.  I'm definitely going to buy it soon although the price makes me cringe.  I thought my skin looked and felt better right after using it and it is the best smelling product I've used.  There's a lot of other positive reviews for it in the Birchbox thread for this month.
Ugh...I know! The price...definitely cause for concern, but I figured the 1,000+ reviews couldn't all be wrong...however, there were definitely people that voiced their dislike as well...an especially common theme was the complaint of the product smelling like Pledge...I REALLY hope it smells more like Lemonheads!!!

Oh

I am in love with Suki. It is fantastic and smells heavenly! Oh my gosh...! HOW did I miss the sample size?? Epic fail..I would have much preferred to try a 1 oz. jar before committing to the full size, but I totally didn't even see that size option on the Birchbox website...arghh.. I think they sell a 1 or 2 oz version so you can buy that first to try it. But it's really a wonderful product. The only downside is you must make sure to shut it tight because it's natural and can dry out if it's not properly closed.

And I totally just messed up my response to your post, LisaLeah!! So sorry! Although I've been lurking on these threads for quite a while, today is the first day I've ever posted, so, I'm trying to get everything figured out from my phone, which makes it tricky!

Looking forward to see what the next tube has to offer. It will only be my second one so far, so I cannot really complain about repeats. However I understand the subscribers that have been with NBTT for a while and now get duplicate products.

Thanks for starting a new thread.  I am hopeful that the tubes that come with the regular magazines are better than the last "additional" one.  That one seemed to be all leftovers.  This next one will tell a lot  (like whether they still have relationships with unique beauty and skincare companies).  Remember those sweet full size samples we used to get?  Will we will still see Spa Look gift cards?

I got two e-mails with two tracking numbers....one was for my last tube? Weird, but from there I could see that last time it took 6 days to arrive s i am hoping to get it by next week Tuesday.

Originally Posted by Sunflowercake View Post

I got two e-mails with two tracking numbers....one was for my last tube? Weird, but from there I could see that last time it took 6 days to arrive s i am hoping to get it by next week Tuesday.

never mind... I actually just checked the shipping notice again and it shows shipped on the 21st and scheduled for arrival on the 29th. Yay!

Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose View Post

Are they not doing the QVC tube anymore? I've been watching to see, but there hasn't been one up at all. I like the NBTT, but some have been bad, so I like to see the contents ahead of time. 

Those are still quarterly so the next one should be out in August.