Sign in to follow this  
jaylilee

January 2014 - No/Low-Buy Thread

Hey all,

I am new here and hoping to turn my January no-buy into a general 2014 no-buy/low buy (I'm allowing myself 10 purchases for the entirety of the year excluding mascara and foundation as I run through those like water). I am running myself into serious debt in trying to buy the latest makeup item that invariably doesn't work for me or is exactly like something else I own. I think my issue is that I'm always convinced a new beauty product will be *the* item to totally transform my look and it's always a let down. Always. Not to mention, I almost exclusively wear the same exact look everyday and don't really use the wild, crazy colors that I used to collect a few years ago (growing up will do that huh?) :icon_razz

So I'm hoping this low-buy will actually get me to use and enjoy all of what I actually have. I really want to go through my collection and really weed out anything that really doesn't get enough use or doesn't make me feel 100% beautiful. I've been very attracted to the idea of minimalism lately and I think I want to get my stash down to my core group of holy grails with a few extras for special occasions. 

I also need to allocate my monetary resources to paying down my CC debt as well as investing in my closet. Much, if not all, of my clothing is due for upgrades since my things are falling apart, looking worn, and otherwise don't fit with my lifestyle anymore. So I want to be able to invest in quality clothing and shoes. No point in having fabulous makeup if your clothing doesn't look much better than a burlap sack. 

My biggest issue will be preventing my out-of-control makeup spending from turning into out-of-control spending on something else like has happened in the past. I've been able to curb makeup spending before but it's usually because I then became obsessed with amassing tons of books, or cheap Forever 21 clothes that would fall apart after 3 or 4 washes, or costume jewelry. I want to be a real stickler for quality and functionality. No more stuff just because it's cute or I might wear it once or because it looks cool. I need my money to work for me instead of collect dust on a shelf.

I'm hoping to accomplish this by: 

-Unsubscribing from all makeup retailer emails except for Sephora and only because of their VIB sale/Chicweek sale.

-Unsubscribing from most YT gurus. As much as I hate to say it, YT has turned into a big infomercial with few channels dedicated to technique and using what you have. It seems like most gurus are just as ruled by constant consumption as I am. They just love everything they try and insist you have to get XYZ only to see said item, six months later, in a "products I didn't like" or "cleaning out my stash" video. No more of that for me. 

-Blocking makeup retailer websites from my internet browsers on my laptop and phone to again decrease temptation. 

-Blocking some of my favorite makeup review blogs from my internet browsers. Again, sites like Temptalia are hell for me. 

-When I go to purchase one of those 10 items I am allowed, I can only carry the cash amount to purchase it. The rest of my wallet stays at home. 

-Exploring minimalism through blogs, books from the library, etc

-And of course through this forum.

Fingers crossed I can do it. I am already super tempted by Naked3 even though I am positive the shades will look terrible on my skin tone and I haven't liked it on anyone's face with similar coloring to mine. Anyway, nice to meet you all and I'm so happy to have found this forum :heart: 

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastofthesun View Post

And I thought this was cute, this should be the Low Buy/No Buy board smiley mascot:

daz.gif

Lol that definitely applies to this board :laughno:

I know I've mentioned that for this month, I'd like to go on a low buy and just purchase some LE items.  Now that I've been thinking about it, whenever I do that, I am pretty sure I'll neglect some products.  You know how sometimes some products are more favored than others for a certain period of time. =/  But I was thinking of maybe passing up on some LE stuff this month, continue to finish products and maybe just use some of that makeup money on an electronic item (ipad? keurig?)  I still have so much makeup even after selling soooooo much of it that I am pretty sure I'll be good for this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftmane View Post

Hey all,

I am new here and hoping to turn my January no-buy into a general 2014 no-buy/low buy (I'm allowing myself 10 purchases for the entirety of the year excluding mascara and foundation as I run through those like water). I am running myself into serious debt in trying to buy the latest makeup item that invariably doesn't work for me or is exactly like something else I own. I think my issue is that I'm always convinced a new beauty product will be *the* item to totally transform my look and it's always a let down. Always. Not to mention, I almost exclusively wear the same exact look everyday and don't really use the wild, crazy colors that I used to collect a few years ago (growing up will do that huh?) :icon_razz

Hi!

I kind of feel like reorganizing your makeup stash might help you to shop your stash and remember all of the purchases you've made previously.  Whenever I reorganize, it helps me to remember some things I've really liked but have stopped using because I wanted to use my newer stuff and it reignites my interest in that neglected item. 

Getting into debt for makeup is not pretty.  I've even seen a girl who was trying to buy all the MAC Hello Kitty stuff (and even multiples of the same items) but all of her cards she tried to use was declined.  Not that it's any of my business or that I know what happened to her credit cards, but it was still sad to see and it made me think what if that were to ever be me? Sorry for maybe going off-topic a little but when I see/read/hear anything that has to do with debt and constantly buying makeup, I almost always think of that incident and so I always try to shop my stash and finish items to get rid of clutter.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here as I've noticed that everyone is supportive and really kind!  Good luck! =)

I just suspended my Square Hue. It was the only sub I had active for that would be charged in January. I have a birchbox but it is paid for till September.

Quote:

Hey all,

So I'm hoping this low-buy will actually get me to use and enjoy all of what I actually have. I really want to go through my collection and really weed out anything that really doesn't get enough use or doesn't make me feel 100% beautiful. I've been very attracted to the idea of minimalism lately and I think I want to get my stash down to my core group of holy grails with a few extras for special occasions. 

I also need to allocate my monetary resources to paying down my CC debt as well as investing in my closet. Much, if not all, of my clothing is due for upgrades since my things are falling apart, looking worn, and otherwise don't fit with my lifestyle anymore. So I want to be able to invest in quality clothing and shoes. No point in having fabulous makeup if your clothing doesn't look much better than a burlap sack. 

My biggest issue will be preventing my out-of-control makeup spending from turning into out-of-control spending on something else like has happened in the past. I've been able to curb makeup spending before but it's usually because I then became obsessed with amassing tons of books, or cheap Forever 21 clothes that would fall apart after 3 or 4 washes, or costume jewelry. I want to be a real stickler for quality and functionality. No more stuff just because it's cute or I might wear it once or because it looks cool. I need my money to work for me instead of collect dust on a shelf.

I'm hoping to accomplish this by: 

-Unsubscribing from all makeup retailer emails except for Sephora and only because of their VIB sale/Chicweek sale.

-Unsubscribing from most YT gurus. As much as I hate to say it, YT has turned into a big infomercial with few channels dedicated to technique and using what you have. It seems like most gurus are just as ruled by constant consumption as I am. They just love everything they try and insist you have to get XYZ only to see said item, six months later, in a "products I didn't like" or "cleaning out my stash" video. No more of that for me. 

-Blocking makeup retailer websites from my internet browsers on my laptop and phone to again decrease temptation. 

-Blocking some of my favorite makeup review blogs from my internet browsers. Again, sites like Temptalia are hell for me. 

-When I go to purchase one of those 10 items I am allowed, I can only carry the cash amount to purchase it. The rest of my wallet stays at home. 

-Exploring minimalism through blogs, books from the library, etc

-And of course through this forum.

Fingers crossed I can do it. I am already super tempted by Naked3 even though I am positive the shades will look terrible on my skin tone and I haven't liked it on anyone's face with similar coloring to mine. Anyway, nice to meet you all and I'm so happy to have found this forum :heart: 

OMG that is *so* true. I've been really bored with the YT makeup scene since figuring out the basics (still learning, but anyways) because it's all about the next big thing, which usually costs an arm and a leg. :/

Your goals sound a lot like mine, because I'm about to start working (just graduated) and my clothes shopping has turned into "will this be okay to wear to work?" Because that's going to be 5/7ths of my life from now on. :P

Looks like your plan is really solid! Best of luck, and keep us updated as you progress. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotoko View Post

OMG that is *so* true. I've been really bored with the YT makeup scene since figuring out the basics (still learning, but anyways) because it's all about the next big thing, which usually costs an arm and a leg. :/

Your goals sound a lot like mine, because I'm about to start working (just graduated) and my clothes shopping has turned into "will this be okay to wear to work?" Because that's going to be 5/7ths of my life from now on. :P

Looks like your plan is really solid! Best of luck, and keep us updated as you progress. :)

I think I will do the same as @loftmane. It is a wonder to find a YT Guru now who actually does makeup tutorials. I found one I love and she doesn't even speak English (german MUA?) and subscribed to her channel because of her blog where she does exclusively tutorials. I am probably going to go through and weed out my subscriptions as well -- especially the ones who only seem to do hauls every other week and reviews of items they have not even used or finished. I think from now on I will stick to looking at blogs for makeup ideas, now that I have technique (mostly) figured out.

Subbing. I'm on a low buy for the year as specifically laid out in the 2014 goals post.  so far i have not purchased anything (and i do mean literally anything) but we're only one day into 2014 so....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylilee View Post

I think I will do the same as @loftmane. It is a wonder to find a YT Guru now who actually does makeup tutorials. I found one I love and she doesn't even speak English (german MUA?) and subscribed to her channel because of her blog where she does exclusively tutorials. I am probably going to go through and weed out my subscriptions as well -- especially the ones who only seem to do hauls every other week and reviews of items they have not even used or finished. I think from now on I will stick to looking at blogs for makeup ideas, now that I have technique (mostly) figured out.

Yes! And I'm realizing that my looks don't really need the same techniques rehashing over and over. It mostly just takes me taking something that might not have worked for me in one application or function, but can be played with to become something worthy of wearing out and about.

For example, I took an Avon brow pencil that was way too dark and soft for my brows and instead used it as a creamy eyeshadow smudged into my outer V. Ta da! I'll totally use it up now.

Oh! I am allowed to buy a bath bomb or a bubble bar from lush since im house sitting for my boyfriends mom and she has a SUUUPER luxe bath tub/bathroom so I absolutely have to do it.

Quote:

<snip>

<snip>

Welcome to the forum!  If you haven't checked it out already, you might want to think about heading over to the Monday Club!  It's here: http://www.makeuptalk.com/t/138575/the-monday-club

The general idea:  Shop your stash!  Figure out what you *truly* like and use by spending a whole week with something.  One palette/shadow group, one blush, one lipstick -- one of whatever you want to commit to for an entire week (for example, I can commit to one palette/group and one blush for an entire week, but I can't even commit to one lipstick for an entire day, so I leave lipstick wide open because I *know* I will use five different lipstocks/glosses before lunch because that's one way I deal with stress/frustration at work:  lip color change!).  If you have samples that you keep saving for "some day" that you never get around to using, get them all together in one place and pick one each week.  Although I called it the Monday Club, I make my selections on Saturdays or Sundays so everything is in my rotation box** ready to go first thing Monday at way-too-early-in-the-morning.  The Monday Club is a weekly thing.  Sometimes I find it easier to stick to a no-buy if I know I will be picking new colors from my stash over the weekend:  I just have to get through the end of the week, and I can pick new colors! 

** Another one of my Monday Club tips:  Get a box and put your items for the week in it and *only* those items (and any brushes/sponges/whatever you need, but only the ones you know you *need* and not any "oh, I should put this in just in case I want it" items) you will be using that week.  If you have...  problematic mornings, you will be amazed at how quickly you can get ready when all you have to do is open your rotation box and pick up the eyeliner/primer/blush/etc. you have already pre-selected for the week.  No wasting time deciding on what eyeshadow to use!  No delays hunting down that eyeliner brush you could have *sworn* was in your brush holder even though you haven't used it in three months!  It's all *right there*.  You already made sure you knew exactly where it was.  Autopilot can be your friend!  And then there's the part where I am trying to get in the habit of washing my brushes right before I sit down to pick my colors for the week instead of some random time on Sunday between loads of laundry like I'm currently doing.  Yes, I like my rituals.  Why do you ask?

(I'm going to start tossing things if I get to the end of the week and think, "Ugh, finally, done with the week!  So glad I don't have to use that any more!" like that weird primer that balled up when I used it.  I always think I need to use things up instead of tossing them if they don't work out.  I need to recalibrate my brain so I can toss this crap.  But I have a lot of colors, so if I toss one eyeliner, I'm not really losing a huge chunk of my collection.  I've already started a summer box because there were a few things I wore for a week and thought, "Ugh, *so glad* I don't have to wear this any more!  It's too summery for this time of year!" like a benefit Coralista blush that is *all wrong* for me in December but will be perfect in July.  Due to the size of my collection, though, I'm more likely to say, "Ooh, I get to use something new next week!"  And then whatever I have been wearing for the past week goes back into hibernation until it becomes new again.)

(And, yeesh, I keep forgetting that this is not Sunday and that there are only two workdays left in this week.  These mid-week days off really throw me!)

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

Quote:

<snip>

<snip>

Welcome to the forum!  If you haven't checked it out already, you might want to think about heading over to the Monday Club!  It's here: http://www.makeuptalk.com/t/138575/the-monday-club

The general idea:  Shop your stash!  Figure out what you *truly* like and use by spending a whole week with something.  One palette/shadow group, one blush, one lipstick -- one of whatever you want to commit to for an entire week (for example, I can commit to one palette/group and one blush for an entire week, but I can't even commit to one lipstick for an entire day, so I leave lipstick wide open because I *know* I will use five different lipstocks/glosses before lunch because that's one way I deal with stress/frustration at work:  lip color change!).  If you have samples that you keep saving for "some day" that you never get around to using, get them all together in one place and pick one each week.  Although I called it the Monday Club, I make my selections on Saturdays or Sundays so everything is in my rotation box** ready to go first thing Monday at way-too-early-in-the-morning.  The Monday Club is a weekly thing.  Sometimes I find it easier to stick to a no-buy if I know I will be picking new colors from my stash over the weekend:  I just have to get through the end of the week, and I can pick new colors! 

** Another one of my Monday Club tips:  Get a box and put your items for the week in it and *only* those items (and any brushes/sponges/whatever you need, but only the ones you know you *need* and not any "oh, I should put this in just in case I want it" items) you will be using that week.  If you have...  problematic mornings, you will be amazed at how quickly you can get ready when all you have to do is open your rotation box and pick up the eyeliner/primer/blush/etc. you have already pre-selected for the week.  No wasting time deciding on what eyeshadow to use!  No delays hunting down that eyeliner brush you could have *sworn* was in your brush holder even though you haven't used it in three months!  It's all *right there*.  You already made sure you knew exactly where it was.  Autopilot can be your friend!  And then there's the part where I am trying to get in the habit of washing my brushes right before I sit down to pick my colors for the week instead of some random time on Sunday between loads of laundry like I'm currently doing.  Yes, I like my rituals.  Why do you ask?

(I'm going to start tossing things if I get to the end of the week and think, "Ugh, finally, done with the week!  So glad I don't have to use that any more!" like that weird primer that balled up when I used it.  I always think I need to use things up instead of tossing them if they don't work out.  I need to recalibrate my brain so I can toss this crap.  But I have a lot of colors, so if I toss one eyeliner, I'm not really losing a huge chunk of my collection.  I've already started a summer box because there were a few things I wore for a week and thought, "Ugh, *so glad* I don't have to wear this any more!  It's too summery for this time of year!" like a benefit Coralista blush that is *all wrong* for me in December but will be perfect in July.  Due to the size of my collection, though, I'm more likely to say, "Ooh, I get to use something new next week!"  And then whatever I have been wearing for the past week goes back into hibernation until it becomes new again.)

(And, yeesh, I keep forgetting that this is not Sunday and that there are only two workdays left in this week.  These mid-week days off really throw me!)

I like the idea of setting aside your items for the week. So are your other items out of sight completely or do you still keep them around?

I forgot to add that I suspended my SquareHue subscription. I might cancel it. I don't know yet. I feel overloaded with nail polish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lioness90 View Post

I like the idea of setting aside your items for the week. So are your other items out of sight completely or do you still keep them around?

Out of sight.  In a completely different room with the rest of my makeup collection (I have over 150 loose pigments, and that's just loose pigments, so I *have* to keep most of my makeup in another room), in fact.  I spend too much time getting distracted by "Oh, I'll just wear a different blush *today* and go back to the rotation box tomorrow!  Okay, so now to pick out a different blush.  Ooh, this powder?  This cream?  What about this other powder?" to be able to keep them in the bathroom (that's where I put on my makeup) with the things I'm currently using.  Even when I put them in a storage box and keep them in the bathroom on a shelf over the washer and dryer (my machines are in my bathroom, and there's a convenient storage shelf over them), I find myself thinking about that box since it's *right there*, and it would be *so easy* to get something out of it, and then *boom!* decision paralysis.  I'm too bleary at 5am to think about going into another room to get other colors when I'm getting ready for work, so simply removing them from the bathroom is enough for me.

I started out the day (month, year!!) by finishing up a face wash. I have a bunch more to go through, but it felt nice. I'm getting to my last bit in quite a number of skincare and bath/body products so I'm very pleased with myself >3

@kotoko Yeah I'm a "newish" career gal myself. I've been working almost 2 years full time now but I am really realizing how much of my closet is still so unsuitable for my lifestyle. I work with kids so my clothes need to take more of a beating than they currently can while also looking professional and nice which is a very delicate balance lol. Yay for professional clothes! lol.

@jaylilee Yeah, finding tutorials of a said product in general, not just hauls of that product are increasingly few and far between. It's making me bummed because watching YT tutorials used to be my favorite way to destress from life but I can't turn to them anymore. Guess I'll have to focus on other hobbies! 

@debs15 Thanks. I'm not as far gone as that situation you described (Thank god!) but I have found myself in situations where I've thought, "I could by this item or pay an extra $50 on my CC bill" and the makeup has always won out and my debt grows through interest rates. I've also dipped into my savings more times than I care to remember just so I would have "cash" to pay for something. No more of that in this year. Definitely have started rearranging my stash and doing inventory on what I have. I had forgotten about so many things, particularly in the area of blush where I've gone a little wild. So much blush looks the same on me even if it does look different in the pan. As they say, people don't see the blush pan, they see your face. I need to not buy a single blush item for the rest of the year.

@meaganola Thank you for the warm welcome and I am definitely joining the Monday club come next week!

• Like 2

[@]loftmane[/@] "So much blush looks the same on me even if it does look different in the pan. As they say, people don't see the blush pan, they see your face. I need to not buy a single blush item for the rest of the year." I've never heard this but this is so true. Especially for me since I use blush lightly anyway. Just another reason why I don't need to buy any more blush. On a different note- I had cleaned out and organized my makeup storage, then last night I did the same to skincare and all my samples. Holy cow- I have a ridiculous amount of sample moisturizers!! Looks like ill be set for a long time!

• Like 1

@loftmane

"So much blush looks the same on me even if it does look different in the pan. As they say, people don't see the blush pan, they see your face. I need to not buy a single blush item for the rest of the year."

Ugh, this! So many blushes end up looking peach on me anyway that it's like "well, what's the point?" yet I still get sucked into it. 

I really just need one peach, one coral, and one pink blush, and that's it. Time to use up all the ones I currently have. 

• Like 1

I made an account on mint.com today to help me get a better visual of where my money is going, so hopefully seeing my makeup spending in graph form will help me save a bit more! My problem is that I convince myself that I NEED something when I really don't. For example: on NYE, I bought a silver maybelline color tattoo and a UD glitter liner, just for that night. I could have done a very similar look with just my eye shadows and no extra glitter, but I bought them anyway and I'll probably only use them rarely because silver and glitter really only work for certain occasions for me. I *should* be ok for a no buy this month, as I pretty much have every color of the rainbow that I would realistically want to wear ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnorth1852 View Post

I passed my "hoard" on to her! It felt so much better than "I'll hang on to it to try to trade it" -- her face was priceless! I love sharing! I think I'm going to try to do that regularly!

I so agree with you on sharing!  I have two teenage cousins and my coworker has two teenage daughters so I more often than not have someone to pass things onto.  I'm going to start a trade list soon because I do always have some stuff that doesn't fit their preferences. 

Yay! I finally made a post outlining my low buy goals for the year 2014! See here: http://www.makeuptalk.com/t/138213/no-buy-low-buy-goals-for-2014/60#post_2253737 I'll probably update it with new ideas on how to stay on my no buy, other little rewards, and to update my wantlist.

I'm still doing a no buy for January, and still going strong! I did have to buy a textbook for a class I'm taking this semester, but I got it for only $25! Thank you cheapesttextbooks!

Very good points about youtube. You're right, a lot of the main YT beauty gurus pretty much just .... sell to you, whether they mean to or not. I like the good tip here and there on good products, but makeup isn't all about finding the next best thing. I want to find what works best for ME. I need to get myself together and find two good, simple go-to looks for my eyes. I've been watching lots of beauty tutorials, but I find it's still difficult to actually do my eyeshadow without it looking a mess. Everything else I'm OK with, but I need to really refine my eyeshadow and liner skills.

• Like 1

Hello, I'm joining in too. I decided to go on a 100 day no-buy, so no shopping for me until 10th April.

My main reason for no-buy is the fact that in the last couple of months I bought over 100 nail polishes and didn't even had a chance to wear half of them. I would like to have some time to enjoy the products I have, not just hoard it.

The rule is simple: You don't buy any cosmetic (be it skin-care, fragrance, make-up or hair care) product. Other than mini Essies, no nail polish. I have enough shower gels, body lotions, shampoos... to last me a year. I don't even have to mention make-up (especially eyeshadows to which I am addicted).

I did put several exceptions: I can buy Essie mini nail polish sets (from spring and resort collection). I can also buy Naked 3, but only if I can get it 20% off.

I made my last purchase on 31st December and didn't buy anything since. I hope I can stick to it, because I almost failed yesterday. I put some nail polish in the cart and tried to talk myself into purchasing it by saying that it probably still 31st somewhere in the Pacific time zone. Today I went out for a walk, so there was nothing to tempt me there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurissante View Post

Hello, I'm joining in too. I decided to go on a 100 day no-buy, so no shopping for me until 10th April.

My main reason for no-buy is the fact that in the last couple of months I bought over 100 nail polishes and didn't even had a chance to wear half of them. I would like to have some time to enjoy the products I have, not just hoard it.

The rule is simple: You don't buy any cosmetic (be it skin-care, fragrance, make-up or hair care) product. Other than mini Essies, no nail polish. I have enough shower gels, body lotions, shampoos... to last me a year. I don't even have to mention make-up (especially eyeshadows to which I am addicted).

I did put several exceptions: I can buy Essie mini nail polish sets (from spring and resort collection). I can also buy Naked 3, but only if I can get it 20% off.

I made my last purchase on 31st December and didn't buy anything since. I hope I can stick to it, because I almost failed yesterday. I put some nail polish in the cart and tried to talk myself into purchasing it by saying that it probably still 31st somewhere in the Pacific time zone. Today I went out for a walk, so there was nothing to tempt me there.

That's some really creative rationalizing, kudos for resisting!

Yay, end of January 2nd, and the only thing I bought today was a pass to the con I'm saving money for!  This was a planned purchase, so it doesn't count against me.  I didn't even buy *lunch*.  I received an order from Sephora that included the NARS points perk set with Orgasm blush, Copacabana illuminator, Gold Digger lip gloss, and eyeshadow primer, and I think I might be in love with Orgasm now (it always looks too yellow when I test it on my hand in-store, but at home, it's a whole lot pinker).  This makes me want to run out and buy a full-sized or at least a dupe.  BUT!  What in the world makes me think I'll finish this?  The only things I ever use up are non-fun-color items like clear nail poilish, lip balm, and bb cream.  I can get a new full-sized version when I use this one up.  *If* I use this one up.

(The NARS goodies will be going into my birthday box with my UD Naked 3 palette.  Yes, I'm saving it all for that day.  It's only a little over two weeks away!  I have plenty of other toys I haven't played with yet that I should go ahead and try.)

Yay, end of January 2nd, and the only thing I bought today was a pass to the con I'm saving money for!  This was a planned purchase, so it doesn't count against me.  I didn't even buy *lunch*.  I received an order from Sephora that included the NARS points perk set with Orgasm blush, Copacabana illuminator, Gold Digger lip gloss, and eyeshadow primer, and I think I might be in love with Orgasm now (it always looks too yellow when I test it on my hand in-store, but at home, it's a whole lot pinker).  This makes me want to run out and buy a full-sized or at least a dupe.  BUT!  What in the world makes me think I'll finish this?  The only things I ever use up are non-fun-color items like clear nail poilish, lip balm, and bb cream.  I can get a new full-sized version when I use this one up.  *If* I use this one up. (The NARS goodies will be going into my birthday box with my UD Naked 3 palette.  Yes, I'm saving it all for that day.  It's only a little over two weeks away!  I have plenty of other toys I haven't played with yet that I should go ahead and try.)
Good for you. I did the same. I put back the sephora favorites set back for one of those rainy days in February. I didn't spend anything today. But I'm going to need to go to the grocery store and Target this weekend. But I'm working on a list. Normally I just throw stuff in there and next thing you know 100.00.