Sign in to follow this  
Shauna999

Birchbox February 2014 (SPOILERS)

I just bit the bullet and signed up for a second sub. I've had mine for over 3 years(!), and basically I never get any anniversary codes anymore. I figured I'd try my luck with a new subscription - especially since they're offering 100 points to sign up! 

I'm wondering this is well!
You automatically get it if you have an active birchbox subscription. The tricky part that they really haven't explained well enough AT ALL is how to get the 100point usweekly box. On every website it just says to sign up and you recieve the usweekly box and 100 points but this has been such a headache!

I'm subbing for a 3rd box for February's. Its like I get the box for free if I get the 100 points so why not?

Here's another question for everyone, can you gift your points on one account to another one? Or do you have to use them up on that account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazeleyes View Post

I'm subbing for a 3rd box for February's. Its like I get the box for free if I get the 10 points so why not?

Here's another question for everyone, can you gift your points on one account to another one? Or do you have to use them up on that account?

From the Birchbox FAQ

Can I transfer Birchbox Points between Birchbox Accounts?

So sorry! We are no longer able to transfer points between accounts. Each point awarded is account specific and they are nontransferable.

A better idea is to just buy a gift card once you have enough points and then you can give it to your other account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikecarus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazeleyes View Post

I'm subbing for a 3rd box for February's. Its like I get the box for free if I get the 10 points so why not?

From the Birchbox FAQ

Can I transfer Birchbox Points between Birchbox Accounts?

So sorry! We are no longer able to transfer points between accounts. Each point awarded is account specific and they are nontransferable.

A better idea is to just buy a gift card once you have enough points and then you can give it to your other account.

Oooh that's a great idea thanks! Do you happen to know the minimum amount you can purchase?

Quick question, if I refer myself for the 50 points to my account, then sign up for the Feb box, does that mean my new account will also get the 100 points? Just wondering if you need to sign up directly with the US weekly link for the 100 points?
If they can identify your second sub as belonging to you (for example, same mailing address), you won't get the referral points. At least that's what happened to me the last time I tried it.
Oooh that's a great idea thanks! Do you happen to know the minimum amount you can purchase?
$10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

I think that's only for the physical card. I just gifted myself a $10 gift code (not card) from one account to another a couple of days ago.

Oh awesome - you're totally right! I just found how to do it. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikecarus View Post

How can one go about doing that? :D

It's super easy!  Pretty much just like buying anything else in the Birchbox store.  Let's say Account A has 200 points that you want to gift over to Account B.  Log into Account A, go to the link I'll put at the end of this post, and go down to the By Email section.  Fill the boxes out, click next, and then you get to pick out the amount (10/25/50/100/200), whether to include a message, and the delivery date.  Then you just confirm the details and check out.  Account B will get an email with a unique code to enter in the Gift Card box at checkout.

Link:  https://www.birchbox.com/shop/gift/index/ecard/

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

It's super easy!  Pretty much just like buying anything else in the Birchbox store.  Let's say Account A has 200 points that you want to gift over to Account B.  Log into Account A, go to the link I'll put at the end of this post, and go down to the By Email section.  Fill the boxes out, click next, and then you get to pick out the amount (10/25/50/100/200), whether to include a message, and the delivery date.  Then you just confirm the details and check out.  Account B will get an email with a unique code to enter in the Gift Card box at checkout.

Link:  https://www.birchbox.com/shop/gift/index/ecard/

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation! :D Now I can't wait to (hopefully) get off the waitlist for the February US Weekly so I can get the 100 points. :) 

I'm not telling y'all to do this but here is my US weekly story: I wanted to sub a second account so I used my referral link (giving my one account 50 points) the next day I saw the promo and emailed them bc I had just signed up and had missed the promo. They added 100 points to that new account! So all in all I got 150 points. Imma a lucky duck!

I wanted to try and sign up for a second box this month since these US Weekly boxes look promising, so I put my e-mail on the invite list, but I haven't received an invite. Are they sending them out all at the same time? Has anyone received an e-mail yet? I want to make sure I can sign up and use the 100 point code.

I signed up for a second sub on January 9th, and still haven't heard back from them about getting off the waitlist. I wonder how much longer it will take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecoll View Post

I signed up for a second sub on January 9th, and still haven't heard back from them about getting off the waitlist. I wonder how much longer it will take.

Yeah me too... I'm hoping that they'll send out invites soon or else I might just go ahead and sign up for a second box by referring myself. XD

Looking forward to the February box.  I am still waiting for my January boxes so need something to distract me.  

SHOOT. I signed up after getting off the regular waitlist without a code because I wanted to get a collab box. It's my first BB!

I signed up my e-mail with the special waiting list to be part of the offer but haven't gotten off that list yet...? If I get on that one, could I get 100 points and then cancel this first one I subbed?

When I entered my e-mail for a 2nd subscription through that link, I was told I "reserved" a box, but would have to wait for the link to officially sign up.  For that reason, I don't think they've sent any links, since I'm still waiting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camel11 View Post

When I entered my e-mail for a 2nd subscription through that link, I was told I "reserved" a box, but would have to wait for the link to officially sign up.  For that reason, I don't think they've sent any links, since I'm still waiting!

Same here! :(  I hope we get links soon!