Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kitnmitns

Glossybox February 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Recommended Posts

I quit Glossybox last year but after the January box and the La Prarie special edition, they have me interested again! If the spoiler is good I just might resubscribe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still awaiting my January box but wondering when they release spoilers each month? Trying to decide if I should cancel now or wait and see what they are offering...I'm disappointed in their service so far as January is my first box.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah no... after January (still haven't received it yet - as I know many others haven't as well) and my horrible experience with Glossybox's customer service, I'm taking my business elsewhere. I don't want to go through the same thing again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think February will go much smoother. It seems like glossy box always has one month that they have a coveted box and everyone wants one.. and then it always messes with shipping and what not and then you have people complaining how horrible glossy box is. I have never had anything but a positive experience with glossy box! Any time I've had a damaged product they have emailed me back in a day or two and sent products out super fast! One time I even got a duplicate product I had already received and they offered to send me a different product to try! I think the newer members don't understand how glossy box works. They posted this month that there would be a delay and I think people assumed that just meant shipping so they couldn't understand why since the weather has been getting better in some areas. You have to realize they probably had a delay in receiving the products for the box due to weather so it pushed everything back. SOrry thats my little rant. The january thread is really getting on my nerves.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyedfoxxx View Post

Still awaiting my January box but wondering when they release spoilers each month? Trying to decide if I should cancel now or wait and see what they are offering...I'm disappointed in their service so far as January is my first box.

 

Glossybox makes it really easy to unsub and resub. I did that for months, only subing with a good promo code or for a box that I really wanted. If I hadn't gotten such a great deal with livingsocial I would never have done a long sub.

 

Their customer service has always been helpful and prompt, but I think you kinda have to expect the boxes to come late or even into the next month...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I decided to cancel since I've not received January's box nor have I received any correspondence of any kind. Perhaps I'll resub when I see a good deal and/or another good box comes around. As it is, I hope I get January's box.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerkidtlk View Post
 

I think February will go much smoother. It seems like glossy box always has one month that they have a coveted box and everyone wants one.. and then it always messes with shipping and what not and then you have people complaining how horrible glossy box is. I have never had anything but a positive experience with glossy box! Any time I've had a damaged product they have emailed me back in a day or two and sent products out super fast! One time I even got a duplicate product I had already received and they offered to send me a different product to try! I think the newer members don't understand how glossy box works. They posted this month that there would be a delay and I think people assumed that just meant shipping so they couldn't understand why since the weather has been getting better in some areas. You have to realize they probably had a delay in receiving the products for the box due to weather so it pushed everything back. SOrry thats my little rant. The january thread is really getting on my nerves.

I think you have completely misunderstood the point of frustration -- the problem was the lack of direct communication about the delay.  I, for one, never received an e-mail about the fact that there was a delay, regardless of their delivery schedule.  Rather, on my account page, I was given a delivery estimate of 1/13-1/25.  Had I not been engaged with this thread, I would have assumed something was lost.  I am not in the habit of checking GB's social media accounts, as I rarely follow company accounts.  For me and the majority of users here, that is the problem.  At the same time, if any one person HATES receiving Jan boxes in February, that's their prerogative.  However, I think GB would have saved itself plenty of vitriol by sending a direct e-mail to all subscribers.

 

*Yes, I checked my spam.  No it wasn't in there. No, my e-mail does not delete spam every few days.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by camel11 View Post
 

I think you have completely misunderstood the point of frustration -- the problem was the lack of direct communication about the delay.  I, for one, never received an e-mail about the fact that there was a delay, regardless of their delivery schedule.  Rather, on my account page, I was given a delivery estimate of 1/13-1/25.  Had I not been engaged with this thread, I would have assumed something was lost.  I am not in the habit of checking GB's social media accounts, as I rarely follow company accounts.  For me and the majority of users here, that is the problem.  At the same time, if any one person HATES receiving Jan boxes in February, that's their prerogative.  However, I think GB would have saved itself plenty of vitriol by sending a direct e-mail to all subscribers.

 

*Yes, I checked my spam.  No it wasn't in there. No, my e-mail does not delete spam every few days.

It's just my opinion, but I usually see this happen once a year. And the delivery was just that an estimate. The estimates were probably loaded into the system before they knew they were having issues. I don't know. I'm not glossy box and really no one knows what the issues were besides glossy box.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's leave the discussion about the January boxes/shipping etc in the Jan thread.  I think everyone would agree with February on the horizon we're all ready to start anew.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Let's leave the discussion about the January boxes/shipping etc in the Jan thread.  I think everyone would agree with February on the horizon we're all ready to start anew.  
Ack... sorry, I thought I was in the Jan thread when I posted. I'll go radio silence since I cancelled for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesemiaud View Post


Ack... sorry, I thought I was in the Jan thread when I posted. I'll go radio silence since I cancelled for now.

Oh no worries, wasn't directed at you personally.  Easy mistake to make too, all these threads sometimes run together.  

 

I think there is a lot we all want to leave behind in January.  Like the fracking weather! Oh and all the junk food I told myself I wouldn't eat.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't figure out how to edit that picture but there's a sneak peek for February up on the homepage! Lauren B. Beauty nail polish.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyedfoxxx View Post
 

I can't find this?

Maybe you have to be logged in? I logged in to check on my January box and that's what my main screen is. 

 

ETA: I refreshed and now it's not there! But I SWEAR it was a few minutes ago :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by allistra44 View Post
 

Maybe you have to be logged in? I logged in to check on my January box and that's what my main screen is. 

 

ETA: I refreshed and now it's not there! But I SWEAR it was a few minutes ago :) 

I saw it there too when I logged into my account this morning!

 

It's up now! (:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiletorismile View Post
 

I saw it there too when I logged into my account this morning!

 

It's up now! (:

Hahaha ok I thought I was losing it!

 

SUPER small company. Less than 100 likes on Facebook and no website! But I could dig a pale pink polish for V-day :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yay-- ANOTHER nail polish.

 

Hopefully they'll also give us more body wash.... 

 

Color me unimpressed with glossybox.  I can't imagine this box selling out based on this spoiler. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyedfoxxx View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by allistra44 View Post
 

GLOSSYBOX FEBRUARY 2014

I can't find this?

 

It shows up for me using internet explorer, but not google chrome. Perhaps try a different browser?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm kinda meh about it so far. I hope my tracking updates so I can cancel (or they give out a really epic spoiler). It's pretty, but I'm really sure I don't need another light pink polish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

Follow us

Recent tweets

MakeupTalk Facebook - 911K Likes

×
×
  • Create New...