Glossybox February 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay so I got my box yesterday and I loved most of the things...

1. Lauren B polish was pretty good. I did one thick coat and it looked good and pretty opaque. I do use a top coat so we will see how long it lasts.

2. The Sumita eyeliner I have on in my waterline today so I will see how long it lasts and stays put.

3. The Pureology sample I gave to my mom to use since she has colored hair.

4. The Figs & Rouge tinted lip balm is awesome and I love it!

5. The Emite Eyelash Curler is TERRIBLE. When I got my glossybox yesterday and saw the Emite curler I threw my old one away, since it was just old. But when I went to use the Emite eyelash curler this morning, the little rubber pad kept falling out and would not stay put in the curler itself. 3 other replacement rubber pads came with the curler so I tried a different one. Same problem! It was quite annoying. I've never really had that problem with an eyelash curler especially one priced at $30.50. So I have no curled eyelashes this morning 
icon_eek.gif

Did anyone else receive the eyelash curler?? Maybe I just got a defective one. I already messaged glossybox about it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Andieking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Okay so I got my box yesterday and I loved most of the things...

1. Lauren B polish was pretty good. I did one thick coat and it looked good and pretty opaque. I do use a top coat so we will see how long it lasts.

2. The Sumita eyeliner I have on in my waterline today so I will see how long it lasts and stays put.

3. The Pureology sample I gave to my mom to use since she has colored hair.

4. The Figs & Rouge tinted lip balm is awesome and I love it!

5. The Emite Eyelash Curler is TERRIBLE. When I got my glossybox yesterday and saw the Emite curler I threw my old one away, since it was just old. But when I went to use the Emite eyelash curler this morning, the little rubber pad kept falling out and would not stay put in the curler itself. 3 other replacement rubber pads came with the curler so I tried a different one. Same problem! It was quite annoying. I've never really had that problem with an eyelash curler especially one priced at $30.50. So I have no curled eyelashes this morning 
icon_eek.gif

Did anyone else receive the eyelash curler?? Maybe I just got a defective one. I already messaged glossybox about it.
I think you might have a defective one--could you use needle nosed pliers and tighten the metal pieces between the opening of the rubber pads?  I love that curler--I have tiny lashes and it is the only one I have found that allows me to get close to the lash line.

Quote: Originally Posted by puppymomofthree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think you might have a defective one--could you use needle nosed pliers and tighten the metal pieces between the opening of the rubber pads?  I love that curler--I have tiny lashes and it is the only one I have found that allows me to get close to the lash line.
 I will try to tinker with it and see if I can tighten it when I get home tonight, thank you!

Earlier this morning I got an email from Glossy saying they were going to charge me $60 to renew my 3-month sub, because it's "automatically renewed". I bought my first 3-month sub through Living Social....did anyone else get this email? I know a lot of people used the LS deal. Does GB even have my card info LOL

Earlier this morning I got an email from Glossy saying they were going to charge me $60 to renew my 3-month sub, because it's "automatically renewed". I bought my first 3-month sub through Living Social....did anyone else get this email? I know a lot of people used the LS deal. Does GB even have my card info LOL
I bought a 3 month sub through the Living Social deal and got this email today as well. I never gave them any payment info, and I thought the email was weird.

I also got the e-mail.  I bought the LE LP box, so I figured they would have my information.  I already received a response to my Opt Out e-mail that my sub would NOT auto renew.  Obviously, I'm holding onto that e-mail in case!

so i also got a 3 month sub through living social, and my last month should be march. i checked my account, and this is what it says:

Does this mean i'm good? i really don't want to get more glossyboxes......

Thanks!

RECURRING SUBSCRIPTIONS
  • SHIP TO: XXXXX
  • ENDING MONTH: March 2014
  • PAYMENT METHOD: No Payment Information Required
  • ORDER #: XXX

$0.00

This Lauren B nailpolish is not great. Three coats to make a solid pink with no streaks, and the formula is both thin and goopy. And not its fault or anything, but the color doesn't really work with my skin tone.

Quote: Originally Posted by scriptedending /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This Lauren B nailpolish is not great. Three coats to make a solid pink with no streaks, and the formula is both thin and goopy. And not its fault or anything, but the color doesn't really work with my skin tone.

That's strange. I tried it tonight for the first time and it seemed really opaque to me with a single coat. I was expecting sheer enough that I could see my nail bed through a single coat based on the description. I painted two nails and it looked like opaque cotton candy pink, so I removed it after deciding I was looking for a sheerer formula.

I also received a tenoverten polish today in Houston, and ended up using nearly 4 coats because it was so sheer I could barely tell I had polish on. Then, I took it off an hour later because it has pretty strong yellow undertones and looked orange against my pale, cool skin tone. I might try this again with 1 coat because I do like the formula, but no luck with polish colors today.

Quote: Originally Posted by panicked /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's strange. I tried it tonight for the first time and it seemed really opaque to me with a single coat. I was expecting sheer enough that I could see my nail bed through a single coat based on the description. I painted two nails and it looked like opaque cotton candy pink, so I removed it after deciding I was looking for a sheerer formula.

I also received a tenoverten polish today in Houston, and ended up using nearly 4 coats because it was so sheer I could barely tell I had polish on. Then, I took it off an hour later because it has pretty strong yellow undertones and looked orange against my pale, cool skin tone. I might try this again with 1 coat because I do like the formula, but no luck with polish colors today.

You're definitely right about it being cotton candy pink! I agree that it was opaque with one coat, but it was still super streaky, and it didn't get to be even on my nails until I put on coat #3. I left on for the day, but it is for sure not my color. That's a shame you had two bad picks in a row. :/

Yeah, I agree, the formula is both thin and goopy....it says it's a sheer, but it's not quite a sheer. It's like a milky creme, however it wants to go on thick! I keep trying to remove excess polish from the brush before I apply, but it still doesn't even itself out upon application and there are goopy thick lines on the sides.

This photo shows two coats with no top coat. I love the color, I really do, but it doesn't QUITE look right with my skin tone...it's not bad, but it's not amazing. I wanted to love it so much, because the bottle is so cute!

A little behind I know but.....Just tried the OC8 Mattifying Gel today, it didn't have any weird scent but it worked really well! I mean it is the best primer I have ever used!

Back