Glossybox February 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have recommendations for subscriptions like glossybox? I'm not really interested in lifestyle boxes... just beauty items. I subscribed to birchbox, but I prefer deluxe or full sized items.

Quote: Originally Posted by greenflipflops /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Unfortunately those eye pads are too powerful for my undereye area. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I tried them out yesterday and my undereye area is a bit sensitive and red now, and seems to have a rash. Everyone was asking what happened to me.
oh no! sorry to hear that.

I didn't think they worked on me at all. I took a before and after pic to see if it helped my puffyness... and NADA :/ NOTHING... NICHTS.. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> sad me..

Quote: Originally Posted by Justine1988 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone have recommendations for subscriptions like glossybox? I'm not really interested in lifestyle boxes... just beauty items. I subscribed to birchbox, but I prefer deluxe or full sized items.
You might try Blush Mystery Beauty Box.  I have had it for around seven months--they always have some full sized products and usually the value is pretty high.

Quote: Originally Posted by Justine1988 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you are not an only high end products gal, Ipsy is awesome. They do send some mid range brands: Buxom, Ole Henriksen, Urban Decay and such, but the often send full size items from lesser known brands. I have found some great products that I would have never tried or known about. Also a plus they offer product you can purchase, unlike some product sent by glossybox that are not in the US.  It's $10 and I like it more then glossybox most months. 

Hi ladies!! I'm new to this community & glossybox. I just checked my available surveys (thanks for the tip btw!) and even though the shipping info hasn't updated (not so cool); I'm excited to see my 1st box! *
I'm thrilled about everything except one item bc it doesn't represent my beauty quiz (I don't have colored hair). Q: I used a coupon to receive a full size mineral makeup since this is my 1st box, but don't see it in the list above. Have these coupons worked for you ladies?

Quote: Originally Posted by JenSmiles /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi ladies!! I'm new to this community & glossybox. I just checked my available surveys (thanks for the tip btw!) and even though the shipping info hasn't updated (not so cool); I'm excited to see my 1st box! *

I'm thrilled about everything except one item bc it doesn't represent my beauty quiz (I don't have colored hair).

Q: I used a coupon to receive a full size mineral makeup since this is my 1st box, but don't see it in the list above. Have these coupons worked for you ladies?
Welcome!  there is no survey for the free items...and yes the coupon did work for me in the past.  

I went on a box binge for the holidays (treated myself) & already cancelled Sample Society (they sent me lots of skincare). I'm considering cancelling ipsy, which was my 1st subscription box way back in Septemper. I am done with glossybox after my prepaid final box arrives in April (I don't expect to see my March box til sometime in April, I mean). I'm super stoked with birchbox even though I'm new to it, and beauty box 5 might be a keeper merely because I'm enamored with a lip balm i got from them. I don't have any comparable high end boxes in my list, but maybe you should consider Starlooks, $15 for full sized cosmetics/makeup? If I wasn't over stocked on usable makeup, i.e., if I make a dent in my stash, I'll subscrible to them. You could get a friend a free box for referring you. And I believe they send out birthday boxes, so if yours is around the corner, you'd get bonus goodies.

Just an FYI for everyone because I was confused about this myself - Skin & Co Roma has three different truffle serums. The "Truffle Therapy Serum" (sampled this month and also in Birchbox recently); the "Truffle Velvet Serum" (sampled a few months ago via Glossybox); and the "Truffle Therapy Serum Gold" (which you can request a sample for here: https://www.skinandcoroma.com/request-sample ) I just thought I'd share what most of you have probably already figured out anyway 
icon_redface.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Elizabeth Mac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just an FYI for everyone because I was confused about this myself - Skin & Co Roma has three different truffle serums. The "Truffle Therapy Serum" (sampled this month and also in Birchbox recently); the "Truffle Velvet Serum" (sampled a few months ago via Glossybox); and the "Truffle Therapy Serum Gold" (which you can request a sample for here: https://www.skinandcoroma.com/request-sample ) I just thought I'd share what most of you have probably already figured out anyway 
icon_redface.gif

Thanks! I just requested a sample.

My box came today. Seriously loving the Sumita pencil. Don't want to mess up with that one because its not coming off. We'll see how it stays on for the day. I tend to rub my eyes.

Finally got my box today.  I got the Fig and Rouge lip balm...that I also got in July.  Last month I got the BCBG perfume that I had gotten before.  I emailed them and they sent me a black eye shadow that I had also gotten beore.  I emailed them about the repeat this month.  I told them if I had to keep getting repeats I had a list of things I'd rather get. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.  Regardless...I like everything else in the box.

Got mine today, too!

Lauren b. nail polish, Sumita liner and Pureology Color Fanatic

my last two items were the Truffle Therapy Serum and Anatomicals Eye pads (full size, yay! 3 packs of eyepads)

My surveys had shown six items with both the Truffle serum and the Renu.  I was okay with either one.

Got my box this morning! I'm actually quite happy. I got the Figs & Rouge lip balm, OC8 Mattifying Gel, Pureology Color Fanatic, The Lauren B. nail polish and the Sumita pencil. I was hoping to try those Anatomicals eye pads. Thats okay. For my first Glossybox, this was really great.

Got my box this morning! I'm actually quite happy. I got the Figs & Rouge lip balm, OC8 Mattifying Gel, Pureology Color Fanatic, The Lauren B. nail polish and the Sumita pencil. I was hoping to try those Anatomicals eye pads. Thats okay. For my first Glossybox, this was really great.
Completely agreed! I FINALLY received my box today. This was my first box, I got the same products as you and I was also hoping to try the anatomicals eye pads. I don't have color treated hair though so that spray is going to my mom. Although my nail polish was open slightly and leaked a little, did anyone else have that issue?

Just contact Glossybox customer service and they should send you a replacement item if it got messed up.

They're usually pretty helpful with that.

One time I had 2 broken things in one box and they just re-sent me the whole box, which was very nice of them but it got absolutely crushed in the mail and a bunch of the stuff got broken so they refunded my money when I sent them pics :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> - but at least they tried! lol

Quote: Originally Posted by Kereneko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't think the eye pads were actually effective, so not missing out on much lol!

Completely agreed! I FINALLY received my box today. This was my first box, I got the same products as you and I was also hoping to try the anatomicals eye pads. I don't have color treated hair though so that spray is going to my mom. Although my nail polish was open slightly and leaked a little, did anyone else have that issue?
I saw this nail polish issue on a blog I think... Maybe My Subscription Addiction? Her polish looked like it had leaked and was kinda crusted up where the bottom of the cap touches the bottle. It was still full though, and didn't get onto anything else.

Yea!  My February box just arrived!  The primer is much larger than I expected--I think it is the $34 size.  Most primers react badly with my skin, but I will have to give it a try--the reviews on Birchbox look positive.

Back