Glossybox February 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by caseybean025 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by bellatrix42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is the lip balm supposed to be sealed?
Mine wasn't sealed and I actually thought the same thing... But after inspecting it, I could tell it wasn't used. I used it and now the opening is all globbed up with product. Lol. I think all lip balms should have an applicator type tip. Like carmex. I think I must be defective, because I can't use applicator tips, haha! I make a mess with them somehow, so I always end up using my finger anyway. I'm a little jealous of you guys who got the balm...I was sad not to get it the last time it was sent out, too! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wish that Glossybox used better shipping!  I feel like half my life goes by between the time I get my notice and the time it actually arrives.  I got my ship notice on February 25th and according to the USPS it hasn't even left Indiana.  I live in Washington State. :*(

If I wasn't so excited to find out if I was getting the RENU or the Truffle Serum, the wait wouldn't be so bad!  I'm pretty excited about the Anatomicals eye pads, too. 

I like Glossybox mainly because I discovered my new favorite thing in the January box.  Vichy Aqualia Thermal!  I'm totally in love with it!  It completely got rid of the redness in my cheeks and chin which no moisturizer has done before.  I already bought the full size...

Thank you to whoever mentioned to check your surveys!  Mostly knowing what I got keeps the suspense and anticipation to normal levels while I wait for my box to snail it's way home :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I tried the eye gels today and I really liked them! They did make a difference - my morning puffies subsided and my dark circles look less noticeable, too!

Has anyone here purchased anything from Anatomicals? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I actually kind of wanted to try their eye gels but am struggling to find a site that ships internationally at a decent price.

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I tried the eye gels today and I really liked them! They did make a difference - my morning puffies subsided and my dark circles look less noticeable, too!
I got my box today and just finished taking off the eye gels. They are definitely cooling, and I think they might have decreased the puffiness a little. I really like the weird, soft gel texture. I tried the liner on the back of my hand and I like how smoothly it applies and there's still some of it on my hand, even after I tried pretty aggressively to wipe it off, so good staying power. I am tempted to buy the mini 4 colored eyeliner set from BB with my points. I got the truffle serum instead of the RENU. Haven't tried the rest. Has anyone tried the polish? Does it live up to its 14-day claims? I think I will get around to using the hair product eventually, but I'm on a Beauty Protector/Uberliss oil kick at the moment.

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone here purchased anything from Anatomicals?
smile.gif
I actually kind of wanted to try their eye gels but am struggling to find a site that ships internationally at a decent price.
ASOS has Anatomicals! I've been planning a purchase soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't see the eye gels right now but they may have them at some point?

http://us.asos.com/search/anatomicals?hrd=1&q=anatomicals#parentID=-1&pge=0&pgeSize=-1&sort=-1

My account is only showing the 4 surveys.  It's driving me crazy waiting to see what the 5th product is going to be!  Has anyone with only 4 surveys showing received their box?  If so, what was your 5th product?  I am wondering if it is a certain product they just haven't loaded yet?  Thanks!

Not only did I receive 2 products I've already gotten in previous months (the eyelash curler and lip balm) but my box was also missing the nail polish! This is the 3rd month in a row I've had missing items. I'm so close to just cancelling.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lisa424 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Not only did I receive 2 products I've already gotten in previous months (the eyelash curler and lip balm) but my box was also missing the nail polish! This is the 3rd month in a row I've had missing items. I'm so close to just cancelling.

What!! That's some BS. Call CS first thing Monday AM or try Facebook. You should not be getting duplicates, not to mention NOT getting the spoiler item. Hopefully they'll send you another box, with NON repeats (and they'll throw in some glossy points I'm sure *eye roll*).

I got my box today and just finished taking off the eye gels. They are definitely cooling, and I think they might have decreased the puffiness a little. I really like the weird, soft gel texture. I tried the liner on the back of my hand and I like how smoothly it applies and there's still some of it on my hand, even after I tried pretty aggressively to wipe it off, so good staying power. I am tempted to buy the mini 4 colored eyeliner set from BB with my points. I got the truffle serum instead of the RENU. Haven't tried the rest. Has anyone tried the polish? Does it live up to its 14-day claims? I think I will get around to using the hair product eventually, but I'm on a Beauty Protector/Uberliss oil kick at the moment.
I put my polish on yesterday afternoon, and it was chipped by 10pm

My account is only showing the 4 surveys.  It's driving me crazy waiting to see what the 5th product is going to be!  Has anyone with only 4 surveys showing received their box?  If so, what was your 5th product?  I am wondering if it is a certain product they just haven't loaded yet?  Thanks!
Mine still shows 4, and I got my box yesterday. I got Renu.

Quote: Originally Posted by theblingfairy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine still shows 4, and I got my box yesterday. I got Renu.
Thanks!

I got a different variation --- at least I think it's different (I haven't read every post here).  I'm not happy because I have received some of these products before - and they're unfortunately nothing I would use.  From a strictly dollar perspective, it was a good box, but not for me.

I got: 

Emite Eyelash Curler  (received before)
Lauren B. Beauty - City of Angels Polish
OC8 - Professional Mattifying Gel (received before and I know people love it but I have drier skin so I won't use it)
Purology Serious Colour Care (good ingredients so let's hope it works!)
Sumita Beauty Black Pencil (received before but I think from Ipsy...and I have 1,000+ eyeliners from these subs)

Quote: Originally Posted by Justine1988 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

These are the variations:
LL

Every box *should* have the polish, eyeliner, antomicals, hair item and one of the remaining items.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

These are the variations:
LL

Every box *should* have the polish, eyeliner, antomicals, hair item and one of the remaining items.

How much of the variations are leftovers from other months? Weren't the eyelash curlers from Sept? And the anatomicals eye product was in the UK box last month.... I got they eye product in my German  February box.

Box finally came today....no lip balm, no lash curler
icon_cry.gif
 I got the Renu, which I gave to my mom. Hello, does GB even read our beauty profiles? At 24 I clearly do not have "mature skin" or vertical lines around my lips. 

I painted my nails with the nail polish and it is really pretty. However, there was dried nail polish all over the outside of the bottle of polish and it was crusted around the opening, almost like it was old or had been used before. No big deal, I just put acetone on a cotton ball, wiped it off, and it looked brand new....but still
madno.gif

Really disappointed in this month's box. Strike two, GB!

&&&& I also only have 4 surveys at the moment. There better be a 5th one soon!

Wow the renu is worth 49! And I'm older and didn't get it lol- a little jealous of those who did. But it's the first time I've not gotten a product for an older lady lol. Can't wait to get my box. Apparently 3 different flavors of lip balm were used.

Quote: Originally Posted by dancersmum /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow the renu is worth 49! And I'm older and didn't get it lol- a little jealous of those who did. But it's the first time I've not gotten a product for an older lady lol. Can't wait to get my box. Apparently 3 different flavors of lip balm were used.
Yes, it is worth $49! My box is worth $97, which is pretty awesome! I'm happy that the value is there, I just wish I could use all of the products. No big deal, I gave the renu to my mom and she is happy as a lark that she got a free product worth $49! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I really don't understand why they have us fill out a profile and don't use it to select it items.

Latest posts

Back