Glossybox February 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the official spoiler in my email this morning!
I like that this brand is BRAND NEW and VEGAN/CRUELTY FREE!

I'd enjoy that color but in my experience polishes that color are really translucent and you need 10 coats for it to look half decent, so hopefully it's good quality.

I'd enjoy that color but in my experience polishes that color are really translucent and you need 10 coats for it to look half decent, so hopefully it's good quality.
For $18 it better be excellent quality!

On the website, it's described as "sheer". :/

Annnnd another email I didn't get.

I get their emails about LE boxes, why not the ones about shipping delays or spoliers? :/

Ipsy is sending out a pink polish too..REALLY hope I don't end up with two polishes, I never have time to paint my nails anymore haha.

Quote: Originally Posted by theblingfairy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On the website, it's described as "sheer". :/

Noooo!

Quote: Originally Posted by greeneyedfoxxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For $18 it better be excellent quality!

True! That is quite pricey for a start up company.

Womp womp. Why am i STILL not getting emails? I checked my junk/spam nothing there either.

Not too excited about pale pink nail polish, I have one already I rarely use. Hope the rest of teh box is good.

Yup. Sheer.
Bleh! Why do companies keep going with SHEER?! Who actually likes sheer? I don't want to use more than 2 coats to get the advertised color.

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Bleh! Why do companies keep going with SHEER?! Who actually likes sheer? I don't want to use more than 2 coats to get the advertised color.
In general, I agree that sheer nail polish is a PITA, but for pale pinks and nudes, I actually prefer sheer polish as it gives a very natural, healthy, almost French mani effect. That being said, I hope I get the purple Zoya color in my Ipsy bag, because I have enough sheer ballerina pink shades already.

I've never had a use for sheer, so while I was initially excited for girly pink valentine boxes/bags, I'm not quite as excited now. Sheer usually means a million layers, which usually means it bubbles or peels off. I have to say, though...I hope her formula is as great as she's promising. 14 days chip free?? I would love to find a polish like that. So if it really is THAT good, I'll probably order a bottle of something opaque later on.

I've never had a use for sheer, so while I was initially excited for girly pink valentine boxes/bags, I'm not quite as excited now. Sheer usually means a million layers, which usually means it bubbles or peels off.

I have to say, though...I hope her formula is as great as she's promising. 14 days chip free?? I would love to find a polish like that. So if it really is THAT good, I'll probably order a bottle of something opaque later on.
Hate to be the cynical one here...but to go 14 days perfectly chip free, they better have tested on people who type a lot, have their hands in constant warm or hot water, people who move heavy objects, etc. because that's my problem. If I did nothing at all with my hands all day for 14 days, I would have chip free polish. Unfortunately, this is the real world and people work, do house work, and so much that can ruin a manicure in seconds. So unless this stuff dries as hard as diamonds, there's no way it'll stay chip free for 14 days. 

Hate to be the cynical one here...but to go 14 days perfectly chip free, they better have tested on people who type a lot, have their hands in constant warm or hot water, people who move heavy objects, etc. because that's my problem. If I did nothing at all with my hands all day for 14 days, I would have chip free polish. Unfortunately, this is the real world and people work, do house work, and so much that can ruin a manicure in seconds. So unless this stuff dries as hard as diamonds, there's no way it'll stay chip free for 14 days. 
See, I agree with you 100%...but honestly, there's a lot of stuff that makes me a tad nervous about this brand. It's brand new, makes really impossible claims (I'm lucky if polish goes two days on me before chipping), and her bio says she grew up in Cape Cod and practiced medicine before taking on this venture. Yet, if you read her site, her twitter, and her facebook page, her grammar and at times her spelling are a mess. I'm not typically one to judge another's grammar, but when someone says they have a medical degree, I expect them to be able to form a grammatically correct sentence. It just makes me slightly wary. Also, the site was just put together days ago.

See, I agree with you 100%...but honestly, there's a lot of stuff that makes me a tad nervous about this brand. It's brand new, makes really impossible claims (I'm lucky if polish goes two days on me before chipping), and her bio says she grew up in Cape Cod and practiced medicine before taking on this venture. Yet, if you read her site, her twitter, and her facebook page, her grammar and at times her spelling are a mess. I'm not typically one to judge another's grammar, but when someone says they have a medical degree, I expect them to be able to form a grammatically correct sentence. It just makes me slightly wary.

Also, the site was just put together days ago.
Yeah....that doesn't inspire confidence haha....I judge professionals by their grammar on their professional sites but not on their personal stuff. But if it's professional social media, if their grammar is atrocious, I don't trust them. 

See, I agree with you 100%...but honestly, there's a lot of stuff that makes me a tad nervous about this brand. It's brand new, makes really impossible claims (I'm lucky if polish goes two days on me before chipping), and her bio says she grew up in Cape Cod and practiced medicine before taking on this venture. Yet, if you read her site, her twitter, and her facebook page, her grammar and at times her spelling are a mess. I'm not typically one to judge another's grammar, but when someone says they have a medical degree, I expect them to be able to form a grammatically correct sentence. It just makes me slightly wary.

Also, the site was just put together days ago.

Quote: Originally Posted by Amby6912 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yeah....that doesn't inspire confidence haha....I judge professionals by their grammar on their professional sites but not on their personal stuff. But if it's professional social media, if their grammar is atrocious, I don't trust them. 
Interestingly, her uncle is Philib B, of which I am sure us sub-boxers all know. How many Philib B products did we get last year?? 

Back