Glossybox February 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah....that doesn't inspire confidence haha....I judge professionals by their grammar on their professional sites but not on their personal stuff. But if it's professional social media, if their grammar is atrocious, I don't trust them. 
Exactly! The poor grammar and spelling are on both the Lauren B. Beauty facebook page and twitter. It felt...well, amateurish. I really, truly am hoping for a great product, though.

Interestingly, her uncle is Philib B, of which I am sure us sub-boxers all know. How many Philib B products did we get last year?? 
Interesting. This will be my second box, so I'm not familiar with his brand. Is it decent?

Quote: Originally Posted by theblingfairy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Interesting. This will be my second box, so I'm not familiar with his brand. Is it decent?
I've gotten his products a few times from various subs, not awful. Not something I'd seek out, but then again, step up from drugstore. I have the leave in conditioner (I think from GB) and a sea salt spray, well 2 as my first one was faulty (from Blush). 

Explains how she got the $$ to start this ~luxury polish brand~

OMG it's a glossybox miracle! About 2 weeks ago I had an allergic reaction to something (still a mystery) and got hives all over my upper chest, neck, and the lower part of my face. Mostly just under my chin, on my chin and jawline, and a little on the sides of my nose. The hives went away, but there was this gross bumpy and dry skin left behind. No amount of moisturizing and exfoliating helped! I put the Vichy stuff on it as an experiment, and in about 5 minutes it was gone! I'm in love!

That is so awesome! I am glad that helped you! You never know what will work for you and what won't! I glad it helped you out miracle lady!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Amby6912 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hate to be the cynical one here...but to go 14 days perfectly chip free, they better have tested on people who type a lot, have their hands in constant warm or hot water, people who move heavy objects, etc. because that's my problem. If I did nothing at all with my hands all day for 14 days, I would have chip free polish. Unfortunately, this is the real world and people work, do house work, and so much that can ruin a manicure in seconds. So unless this stuff dries as hard as diamonds, there's no way it'll stay chip free for 14 days.
I have no desire to wear the same color for 14 days. I need to change things up.

OMG it's a glossybox miracle! About 2 weeks ago I had an allergic reaction to something (still a mystery) and got hives all over my upper chest, neck, and the lower part of my face. Mostly just under my chin, on my chin and jawline, and a little on the sides of my nose. The hives went away, but there was this gross bumpy and dry skin left behind. No amount of moisturizing and exfoliating helped! I put the Vichy stuff on it as an experiment, and in about 5 minutes it was gone! I'm in love!
AWESOME!!! I can't wait to try it on my rosacea.

I wish I'd gotten a January box just for that Vichy stuff alone. I want to try it!

Quote: Originally Posted by theblingfairy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

See, I agree with you 100%...but honestly, there's a lot of stuff that makes me a tad nervous about this brand. It's brand new, makes really impossible claims (I'm lucky if polish goes two days on me before chipping), and her bio says she grew up in Cape Cod and practiced medicine before taking on this venture. Yet, if you read her site, her twitter, and her facebook page, her grammar and at times her spelling are a mess. I'm not typically one to judge another's grammar, but when someone says they have a medical degree, I expect them to be able to form a grammatically correct sentence. It just makes me slightly wary.

Also, the site was just put together days ago.

From the wording, it kind of sounds like she washed out of the first year of med school, or maybe was a candy striper or something rather than an MD. Also, LOL at "perusing" a career in medicine. Is that like window shopping?

Quote: After graduating college and a year into perusing her career in medicine, she realized there was something missing.

Quote: Originally Posted by panicked /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From the wording, it kind of sounds like she washed out of the first year of med school, or maybe was a candy striper or something rather than an MD. Also, LOL at "perusing" a career in medicine. Is that like window shopping?
lol I think she meant pursuing thats why you shouldn't rely on spell check 

lol I think she meant pursuing thats why you should rely on spell check 
Haaa! Yes! I remember reading that and thinking, "What, you browsed a catalog? One if those waiting room pamphlets?"

I'm actually looking forward to the polish! The colors on her website are gorgeous in my opinion!! (although super expensive 
doh.gif
 ) 

Quote: Originally Posted by MissKris17 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have no desire to wear the same color for 14 days. I need to change things up.
Same here. The only time I wear a polish longer than a week is a French tip gel manicure.  

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Interestingly, her uncle is Philib B, of which I am sure us sub-boxers all know. How many Philib B products did we get last year?? 
Really? That's interesting.... I got the Philip B body wash in my Limited Edition box in December and I absolutely loved it. If Philip B is really her uncle maybe it won't be so bad? 

So I received an email today saying "you're in! Welcome to glossybox!" Yadda Yadda...but I've been subscribed for three months through the living social deal. February is my last month. It didn't say it charged me anything (the total said $0) but I wonder if they're auto renewing my sub? :/

So I received an email today saying "you're in! Welcome to glossybox!" Yadda Yadda...but I've been subscribed for three months through the living social deal. February is my last month. It didn't say it charged me anything (the total said $0) but I wonder if they're auto renewing my sub? :/
I was wondering about this too. I got a 6 month sub and last month was my first box... I got basically the same email it sounds like. Showed as $0 charged. I even checked my bank account and nothing was on there. With most things it will at least show as pending for 3-5 days. Nothing yet. ? Weird...

Quote: Originally Posted by caseybean025 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was wondering about this too. I got a 6 month sub and last month was my first box... I got basically the same email it sounds like. Showed as $0 charged. I even checked my bank account and nothing was on there. With most things it will at least show as pending for 3-5 days. Nothing yet. ? Weird...
I'm on month 2 of the 12 month living social deal and got the same email.  It looks like it's just something they send each month.

Yep, I just got my last box of a 6 month sub, and I have gotten the "you're in" email each month...it's just letting you know that you will be getting a box that month (which, most of us already have this month...a little late there, GB...)

Back