redjill

(Spoilers) Julep April 2014

Is it really only 3 days away from April window already!?! Where does the time go! Can't wait to see what April brings us... And I'm super happy that this box will be FREE with jules! Yippee :D

As always, I'm hoping for lots of foils/metallics/duochromes and as few creams and glitters as possible.  And heavy on funky punky colors!  I would love for them to use the It Girl category to go really experimental with colors and finishes.  The month they had Roc Nation curate It Girl was okay despite the cream because it as a *green* cream, plus there was a stardust purple (plus the free LOVE polish!), but *so tired* of glitters like the gold one in that box.  Glitter seems like a really easy thing for them to fall back on, and easy colors = *boring* colors to me.  More stardust/sea salt finishes in weird colors!  I'm bored with everything right now (I've been stuck inside all weekend recovering from oral surgery, so that might have a lot to do with my attitude right now!) and want something *really* different and unexpected.  And have they made any sort of hint about the product for this time around? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bflopolska View Post

I have drunk the glittery Kool-Aid and signed up tonight for my first Julep box with a code get my first free! They're sending me a gorgeous deep blue and a shimmery silver. I don't even have it yet and already I'm trying o figure out how to do something really interesting using both of them!

Around when do they bill, and when on they ship?

:chants: one of us...one of us...one of us...   :laughno:   Enjoy!!!  Welcome to the addict's club for sure. (Im afraid to count up all the juleps I've got since joining last May & with all the sales & promos too!!  ekkkk... scary...pretty, but scary. ;)

is this the intro box you're getting?  Pretty- I have both of those colors (michele & stevie)- you could do a funky silver nails with blue french tips (or the reverse too)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bflopolska View Post

I have drunk the glittery Kool-Aid and signed up tonight for my first Julep box with a code get my first free! They're sending me a gorgeous deep blue and a shimmery silver. I don't even have it yet and already I'm trying o figure out how to do something really interesting using both of them!

Around when do they bill, and when on they ship?

@KatieS131 already answered you, however I don't think they ever bill before the 27th? Not so far for me anyway. The charge does show up on my Julep account on the 20th but does not hit my bank account until the 27th. They start shipping really quickly once you're billed though! That is the only time Julep shipping is fast in my experience. Anything else ordered throughout the month takes forrrreverrrr (channeling the Sandlot) and speaking of which, I was supposed to receive 2 replacement lipglosses last week and still haven't gotten them! Estimated delivery was 12-14. I'm going to be concerned if they don't arrive tomorrow! Nor have I gotten my mystery box yet that I ordered on the first day :/ Ughh

• Like 1

We should be getting a sneak peak here either tomorrow or Tuesday is my guess. Just of one of the products though. I hope I really like April, it's also my birthday month and am not above justifying buying the whole collection as a birthday present to myself along with the birthstone polish :party:

• Like 2

Anyone here have a swatch for Holly from the everybody win gift set? The one I got was really thin and even with 3 coats didn't give me full coverage. Plus the colour is completely different from the picture on their website. 400

Weird, im wearing holly today & it wasn't super thin on me. 2 coats, full coverage. Its a nice shimmery emerald blueish-green color on me (supposedly its like zoya's giovanna, but I don't have that one to compare. )

Weird, im wearing holly today & it wasn't super thin on me. 2 coats, full coverage. Its a nice shimmery emerald blueish-green color on me (supposedly its like zoya's giovanna, but I don't have that one to compare. )
Grrrr, mine is more grayish light green. As you see in my picture.

I'm new to Julep (member since February)... but how do you ladies feel about the polish as far as wear goes? Mine goes on fabulously... but it starts chipping like, the next day. Is that because of the lack of chemicals in it, since it's 4-free? Do other ladies have this problem?

I'm new to Julep (member since February)... but how do you ladies feel about the polish as far as wear goes? Mine goes on fabulously... but it starts chipping like, the next day. Is that because of the lack of chemicals in it, since it's 4-free? Do other ladies have this problem?
Actually, for me Julep is one of my longer lasting polishes. It lasts about as long as OPI on me. The worst for me is Butter London and Nails Inc (guess my nails don't like English brands). I always use a base and top coat (Butter London being my favorite... Go figure).

Yes, u definately need a good base and top coat. I like CND sticky base. It works the best. Julep is also one of my longer wearing brands. Seche Vite is a great topcoat to use with Julep.

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofserendip View Post

It depends. Sometimes I have this problem with certain colors. Others will last a week without a base or a top coat. Some are thinner than others, it just depends. I find for me if I use a top coat, especially the Julep Freedom Polymer one it shrinks and sometimes makes my nails chip faster. So I would just experiment with colors, techniques, etc. you'll figure out what works best for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunii View Post

Anyone here have a swatch for Holly from the everybody win gift set? The one I got was really thin and even with 3 coats didn't give me full coverage. Plus the colour is completely different from the picture on their website.

I needed three coats for full coverage

I was disappointed with Julep last month.  But I'm ready for the next collection & hoping it will be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixikins View Post

April will be my first box! So excited!

Welcome!

• Like 1

I was disappointed with Julep last month.  But I'm ready for the next collection & hoping it will be great.
Anyone have predictions what April this year will bring? I was curious what last April was like (I joined in May) & found these great swatches: http://shyswatcher.blogspot.com/2013/03/julep-mavenapril-2013-colours.html?m=1 Ive actually either traded for and/or bought on super sale quite a few of these polishes. :)

Last April's collection was the first time I upgraded. I loved that box. I'm interested to see what the product is. Haven't we gotten everything that was on the surveys?

April will be my first box! So excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC327 View Post

Welcome!

Thank you! Can't wait to see what goodies are in the Maven shop too!

I've been leaning toward the Modern Beauty boxes lately, so I'm hoping for a good product. Maybe a nice pedicure product.

An April Showers theme with lots of shimmery misty blues and grays (like the Boudoir collection, but rainy colors) and a muddy shade or two (because water + dirt = mud) would be a one-way ticket to full upgrade for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

An April Showers theme with lots of shimmery misty blues and grays (like the Boudoir collection, but rainy colors) and a muddy shade or two (because water + dirt = mud) would be a one-way ticket to full upgrade for me.

I would probably get a box this month too if they did something like that! (: