redjill

(Spoilers) Julep May 2014

Thanks Lolo !!

I am one of the few with no FB :--I get this a lot of the time- FB is to HS for me...I signed up years ago when it first came out and yeah I cancelled. So I will look for 411 here and other blogs. So thanks again.

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo22 View Post

Welcome to Julep! I wish I had some super secret source for info but I just saw them in the video haha.  Here's the link that shows what they look like http://www.julep.com/idealab/plie-wand  I am guessing (just total speculation) that whatever the other product(s) are, they are something that doesn't need a brush/sponge/other accessory since they will already have these tools.

Usually we get a spoiler on the 18th though.  Sometimes it's an email, but lately it has been a Facebook post with one of the maven styles revealed.  Then on the 19th their blog post goes live which reveals the products.  These arent guarantees, just what has been happening lately.  If you have FB I recommend joining the "Julep Swap" group, because someone there always posts spoilers/new product links etc. pretty much the instant they appear haha!  But several of us here are in that group so one of us will post the deets here too :)

Thank you for posting that video! Maybe I'm a sucker for marketing but the plie wand intrigues me if it'll make it easier for me to polish without as much clean up. But as for the dotting and striping tool, I think I'll stick with MoYou stamps for now:) But the plie wand has potential. I love that it's coming out in my birthday month. Birthday Jules and a new accessory option, woot!

And thanks for letting us know about the Julep Swap group on FB! I never would have found it on my own. But I think it could be dangerous for my Julep addiction, hehe;)

I pre-ordered -- I've gotten not bad at using my left (non-dominant) hand to polish, but what I'm really looking forward to using it for is pedicures.  Thanks to a knee injury, I'm not so bendy as I once was, and reaching my toes on my "bad knee" leg is a challenge.

And at least I won't have to pay for my box this month, because I have been getting polish upgrades like they are going out of style lately.  If this is a "ballet" theme, I just might be tempted to go for it.  If they name polishes after the main characters in ballets, they could probably work just about any color in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishmish View Post

what colors would you suggest would be good for a SUMMER THEME for nail polishes?

I would like to see a bright pink w/ lime green sparkles, and maybe a bright purple with bright yellow sparkles. 

Sparkles are, obviously, good. I'm also all about mermaidy colors. Sea greens, blues, etc. 

The right shades of gold are always good for summer. 

I think it would be so so so so so awesome, if Popsugar would send stamp plates in a box. 

Sorry, you weren't asking about that. My mind started wandering at mermaidy colors to mermaidy stamps. lol. 

• Like 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaD123 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo22 View Post

We do know the add-on tools will be the plie dotting tool and brush attachment, so maybe this month will focus more on nail art?

Totally new to Julep- I did pre-order the Plie` Wand though- so how do you ladies know about the Dotting Tool and Brush attachment...? I am so out of the loop. Tell me how to figure these things out? Where can I find these sneak peeks on Julep?

Welcome!

New to Julep as of April, and so excited to be here! I'm a May baby, so I'm really looking forward to their take on Emerald. :cool: As for May boxes, I'm optimistic and curious about the Plié wand... If it lives up, it'll be the greatest thing ever for us girls who are a bit clumsy with our non-dominant hands. Color wise, I would love a beautiful, shimmery pastel collection on a ballet theme. I'm thinking mermaids for July! Glittery aqua, blue, green, and gold. Maybe a cool chunky glitter topcoat. A "sandy" glittery neutral shade paired with an Aqua creme for Classic with a Twist... Yeah, that would make me a happy camper!

• Like 1

I'm still not sure if the plie wand is the product or not. If it's not the product (like in January, how only Modern Beauty got the new Vanish drops), then I expect the product to be manicure-related. May and June are going to include a huge influx of new Mavens, so Julep should try to either blow us away with new and amazing things, or highlight whatever classic products are the most popular (or products they are the most proud of).

Color-wise, I hope May includes a couple one-coat opaque cremes. Not a whole collection, just, like, two so we know they can still make them. I hear Julep used to be really good at opaque cremes.

Lastly, what was the final word on the caps? I know they fixed the plie wand so that it is backwards-compatible with the current caps. But after the plie launch, will the caps stay the same (please please please) or are they still planning to switch to only round magnetic caps (boooo, hisssss)?

I'm still not sure if the plie wand is the product or not. If it's not the product (like in January, how only Modern Beauty got the new Vanish drops), then I expect the product to be manicure-related. May and June are going to include a huge influx of new Mavens, so Julep should try to either blow us away with new and amazing things, or highlight whatever classic products are the most popular (or products they are the most proud of). Color-wise, I hope May includes a couple one-coat opaque cremes. Not a whole collection, just, like, two so we know they can still make them. I hear Julep used to be really good at opaque cremes. Lastly, what was the final word on the caps? I know they fixed the plie wand so that it is backwards-compatible with the current caps. But after the plie launch, will the caps stay the same (please please please) or are they still planning to switch to only round magnetic caps (boooo, hisssss)?
They made the wand compatible with the normal caps. Caps will stay the same.
  • Like 1

Subscribed. I think I'm just about polished out. Trying to save money also. I also overspent last month with Julep so the colours would have to be something really special for me not to skip. No idea what I want to see. Not speckles though. And after two months in a row of brights... ?

• Like 1

I pre-ordered back in March. I had enough Jules to cover my March box so I paid for my May box that month instead - this way if it's an awesome collection and I want to do the polish upgrade I'll only have to pay the difference so I'm really hoping it is another awesome collection! We've had a lot of bold, bright colors lately which is awesome but some fun pastels in finishes other than creams would be nice (I have Etta on right now and I love the shimmery light green, I'd love more like that)

• Like 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksoki View Post

New to Julep as of April, and so excited to be here! I'm a May baby, so I'm really looking forward to their take on Emerald. cool.gif

As for May boxes, I'm optimistic and curious about the Plié wand... If it lives up, it'll be the greatest thing ever for us girls who are a bit clumsy with our non-dominant hands. Color wise, I would love a beautiful, shimmery pastel collection on a ballet theme. I'm thinking mermaids for July! Glittery aqua, blue, green, and gold. Maybe a cool chunky glitter topcoat. A "sandy" glittery neutral shade paired with an Aqua creme for Classic with a Twist... Yeah, that would make me a happy camper!

Welcome! Those are really nice polish suggestions I would be happy to get those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofserendip View Post

The Maven Window always sneaks up so fast on me! I can't believe it's already the 9th. I'm also wondering if they'll be a product or just the Plie Wand. I didn't preorder my box, so I guess I'm not "guaranteed" a wand but I am assuming they'll make enough since they went so far over their goal. 

Not sure how I feel about a ballet collection. The idea sounds like it could be cute (I'm envisioning baby pinks, neutral tans, some soft gold shimmer and maybe a stark black) but I'm still craving brights for the nice weather! I was thinking a mermaid collection would be cool. Or under the sea or something. With corals, blues and yellows. 

Even though you're not totally sold on it, your description of a potential ballet theme sounds gorgeous!  If that existed, I would totally be tempted to do a full upgrade :love:

• Like 1

Even though you're not totally sold on it, your description of a potential ballet theme sounds gorgeous!  If that existed, I would totally be tempted to do a full upgrade :love:
Agreed! That sounds gorgeous, and different enough from January to keep things interesting for the non-Newbie Mavens.

I bought three foot creams with the coupon code. I thought $24 would be a great deal and I hope they last a while. Also, the cream has great reviews!!!

I hope the colors are exciting this month. I wonder if there will be another product than the wand, or if the wand is only for people who pre-ordered it.

I'm curious what the concensus will be on the wand. >: I can understand why other people might enjoy it, but I did my nails while slightly drunk on Friday and they turned out good (I barely got any on my cuticles, which is my normal) so suffice to say, I don't think I'm the intended market for the wand

I bought three foot creams with the coupon code. I thought $24 would be a great deal and I hope they last a while. Also, the cream has great reviews!!!
What coupon code did you use? Were you able to use that code minty and then some other coupon code? Because I love that mint condition and I would like to get some more. Only the I don't want to spend too much on the product. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimsalot View Post

What coupon code did you use? Were you able to use that code minty and then some other coupon code? Because I love that mint condition and I would like to get some more. Only the I don't want to spend too much on the product. Thanks

Code is MINTY for 50% off the Mint Condition.

Code is MINTY for 50% off the Mint Condition.
Yeah, this is the code I used for three mint condition creams. But someone on Facebook suggested that if you use PERK10 on the Foot Doctors combo, you can get 1 cream with a foot file and nail separators for a total of $10.80. However, I used PERK10 already, so I used the MINTY code.

Julep was featured in a Techcrunch article this morning and their photo shows the Plie Wand packaging and a product we haven't seen yet. Can't really read what it is though, just "Brilliance".

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Silva View Post

Julep was featured in a Techcrunch article this morning and their photo shows the Plie Wand packaging and a product we haven't seen yet. Can't really read what it is though, just "Brilliance".

Interesting....it looks like Brilliance might be a hand scrub? If so, it's interesting that Julep is re-packaging many of it's old products and giving them new names (Quick Dry/ Ta Da Drops, Hand Scrub/Brilliance, Rock Star/Luxe Hand Cream). 

The package for the Plié Wand is also interesting. I wasn't expecting it to be that substantial. 

• Like 1