(Spoilers) Julep May 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by queenofserendip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The Maven Window always sneaks up so fast on me! I can't believe it's already the 9th. I'm also wondering if they'll be a product or just the Plie Wand. I didn't preorder my box, so I guess I'm not "guaranteed" a wand but I am assuming they'll make enough since they went so far over their goal. 

Not sure how I feel about a ballet collection. The idea sounds like it could be cute (I'm envisioning baby pinks, neutral tans, some soft gold shimmer and maybe a stark black) but I'm still craving brights for the nice weather! I was thinking a mermaid collection would be cool. Or under the sea or something. With corals, blues and yellows. 

Even though you're not totally sold on it, your description of a potential ballet theme sounds gorgeous!  If that existed, I would totally be tempted to do a full upgrade 
wub.gif

Even though you're not totally sold on it, your description of a potential ballet theme sounds gorgeous!  If that existed, I would totally be tempted to do a full upgrade :love:
Agreed! That sounds gorgeous, and different enough from January to keep things interesting for the non-Newbie Mavens.

I bought three foot creams with the coupon code. I thought $24 would be a great deal and I hope they last a while. Also, the cream has great reviews!!!

I hope the colors are exciting this month. I wonder if there will be another product than the wand, or if the wand is only for people who pre-ordered it.

I'm curious what the concensus will be on the wand. >: I can understand why other people might enjoy it, but I did my nails while slightly drunk on Friday and they turned out good (I barely got any on my cuticles, which is my normal) so suffice to say, I don't think I'm the intended market for the wand

I bought three foot creams with the coupon code. I thought $24 would be a great deal and I hope they last a while. Also, the cream has great reviews!!!
What coupon code did you use? Were you able to use that code minty and then some other coupon code? Because I love that mint condition and I would like to get some more. Only the I don't want to spend too much on the product. Thanks

Quote: Originally Posted by swimsalot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What coupon code did you use? Were you able to use that code minty and then some other coupon code? Because I love that mint condition and I would like to get some more. Only the I don't want to spend too much on the product. Thanks
Code is MINTY for 50% off the Mint Condition.

Code is MINTY for 50% off the Mint Condition.
Yeah, this is the code I used for three mint condition creams. But someone on Facebook suggested that if you use PERK10 on the Foot Doctors combo, you can get 1 cream with a foot file and nail separators for a total of $10.80. However, I used PERK10 already, so I used the MINTY code.

Julep was featured in a Techcrunch article this morning and their photo shows the Plie Wand packaging and a product we haven't seen yet. Can't really read what it is though, just "Brilliance".

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Julep was featured in a Techcrunch article this morning and their photo shows the Plie Wand packaging and a product we haven't seen yet. Can't really read what it is though, just "Brilliance".

Interesting....it looks like Brilliance might be a hand scrub? If so, it's interesting that Julep is re-packaging many of it's old products and giving them new names (Quick Dry/ Ta Da Drops, Hand Scrub/Brilliance, Rock Star/Luxe Hand Cream). 

The package for the Plié Wand is also interesting. I wasn't expecting it to be that substantial. 

Quote: Originally Posted by KatieS131 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Interesting....it looks like Brilliance might be a hand scrub? If so, it's interesting that Julep is re-packaging many of it's old products and giving them new names (Quick Dry/ Ta Da Drops, Hand Scrub/Brilliance, Rock Star/Luxe Hand Cream). 
It's nice for the newer Mavens who haven't tried the products yet, but is a little shady especially for the older subscribers who've already tried the products. I don't know quite how to feel about repackaging products and reselling. I'd be interested to see if they up the price between dupes.

It's nice for the newer Mavens who haven't tried the products yet, but is a little shady especially for the older subscribers who've already tried the products. I don't know quite how to feel about repackaging products and reselling. I'd be interested to see if they up the price between dupes.
I have no problem getting repeat products, especially the hand/feet products since those are my favorites. I just think it's a little weird that they are being renamed. Maybe Julep wants their products to have catchy names that make people want to buy them? "Brilliance" does sound better than "Glycolic Hand Scrub" (if that is what the picture shows) and "Ta Da!" sounds better than "Quick Dry Drops". 

Quote: Originally Posted by KatieS131 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have no problem getting repeat products, especially the hand/feet products since those are my favorites. I just think it's a little weird that they are being renamed. Maybe Julep wants their products to have catchy names that make people want to buy them? "Brilliance" does sound better than "Glycolic Hand Scrub" (if that is what the picture shows) and "Ta Da!" sounds better than "Quick Dry Drops". 

I'd have no problems with repeats if they identified what the "new" products were formerly known as. Not doing so makes it sound shady.

Yeah, this is the code I used for three mint condition creams. But someone on Facebook suggested that if you use PERK10 on the Foot Doctors combo, you can get 1 cream with a foot file and nail separators for a total of $10.80. However, I used PERK10 already, so I used the MINTY code.
Thanks

Quote: Originally Posted by hrhvittoria /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Give me all of the mermaid themed polishes. ALL of them. I need them. Right meow.
Right?! I'm so loving mermaids right now. Well, always. And Faeries, and anything else that is fantasy-awesome.

Quote: Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Even though you're not totally sold on it, your description of a potential ballet theme sounds gorgeous!  If that existed, I would totally be tempted to do a full upgrade 
wub.gif

See, you're making me want to see if the A England ballet collection is in stock yet. 

Quote: Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd have no problems with repeats if they identified what the "new" products were formerly known as. Not doing so makes it sound shady.
Agreed, especially if they are saying it is new. I think I'm the only person in the universe that hated the hand cream. I loved the pedicure cream though. 

I wonder if the Plie box is that size because they plan to include the nail polishes that are chosen.

I'm definitely regretting that I did not pre-order the plie wand thing b/c I just have a feeling I'm going to really miss out somehow this month for having not. I didn't really care all that much about it when it was announced, and I was brand new to Julep so I had no idea if I was really going to stick around that long. On the bright side, I have enough Jules for a free box this month with some to spare so hopefully if there is anything extra that I need to have, I will be able to just pay the difference!

Quote: Originally Posted by Rachel S /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm definitely regretting that I did not pre-order the plie wand thing b/c I just have a feeling I'm going to really miss out somehow this month for having not. I didn't really care all that much about it when it was announced, and I was brand new to Julep so I had no idea if I was really going to stick around that long. On the bright side, I have enough Jules for a free box this month with some to spare so hopefully if there is anything extra that I need to have, I will be able to just pay the difference!
I have supported so many crowd funded projects and I think a lot of them try to make you think you'll be getting something extra or getting a big discount if you donate your money earlier. For the most part, I've found that wasn't the case. I really didn't get anything extra or save a ton of money by funding them early. You shouldn't worry about it, I don't think Julep will be any different. I think the most that early backers will get extra is maybe a bonus polish, which they hinted at. And I'm sure many people will have it up for trade if you're interested in getting it. I read that Plie campaign page over and over, and I think they definitely made it sound like you would be "missing out" if you didn't give them your money early for it. But I also noticed that if you just waited for May you would be getting basically the same thing.

I have supported so many crowd funded projects and I think a lot of them try to make you think you'll be getting something extra or getting a big discount if you donate your money earlier. For the most part, I've found that wasn't the case. I really didn't get anything extra or save a ton of money by funding them early. You shouldn't worry about it, I don't think Julep will be any different. I think the most that early backers will get extra is maybe a bonus polish, which they hinted at. And I'm sure many people will have it up for trade if you're interested in getting it. I read that Plie campaign page over and over, and I think they definitely made it sound like you would be "missing out" if you didn't give them your money early for it. But I also noticed that if you just waited for May you would be getting basically the same thing.
I hope so. I'm such a Julep freak that I often feel like I'm missing out when I'm not able to collect all the colors. I just didn't have much money near the beginning of the year.

Back