(Spoilers) Julep May 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm... It looks like they're adding a new style profile, Color Crush. Or maybe they're renaming It Girl? I'm not sure I like that. It just feels weird.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm... It looks like they're adding a new style profile, Color Crush. Or maybe they're renaming It Girl? I'm not sure I like that. It just feels weird.
Agreed.

And I don't want the Plie wand.  At all.  Ever.

That was my first thought as well, but it's still named It Girl in my profile on the site, so maybe it's a new profile. But it wouldn't surprise me if they did rename It Girl.

That was my first thought as well, but it's still named It Girl in my profile on the site, so maybe it's a new profile. But it wouldn't surprise me if they did rename It Girl.
New names may "launch" with the May box on Sunday.

Well I guess that answers the product question.  If MB doesn't come with the wand then we will still see 2 products this month.  Though, it seems like maybe they will be 'old favorites' or something since most boxes wont have them.  Seems like it would be mean to include a cool new product that none of the crowd-funders would get without doing an add-on.  I'll put a guess on that repackaged hand scrub showing up in MB and my second guess is on a new and improved (repackaged) mascara.

Feels a little weird to me too, although honestly I hope they are renaming the profiles because they don't usually fit with the colors anyway (to me).  I still miss American Beauty.  I never skipped a single box with that profile.

Agreed. And I don't want the Plie wand.  At all.  Ever.
Same here. If I do somehow end up with one, I guaranfuckingtee you that it will end up as a cat toy, and those two will get far more use out if it than I ever would. Especially Oscar. That looks like something he would *love* to chew on.

Unless they're showing off the Brilliance bottle a month or more early, I'm pretty sure that will be one of this month's MB products. I've been squinting at the image for a while and I swear the small text reads "glycolic hand scrub," which would make it a rebranding. The first word has the same number of letters as "glycolic" and appears to share some too (take that with a grain of salt because it might be my brain making the word what I want it to be) and I'm pretty certain the second and third words are "hand scrub." I liked the sample-size hand scrub I got a couple of months ago, but their way of rebranding old products and presenting them as new does come across as shady.

I'm cautiously awaiting the reveal. My May box is prepaid from the crowdfunding, my June box will be free because I'll have enough Jules by then, and July should be when I get my first skip, so even though I've been considering cancelling because I'm starting to feel a little disillusioned after a year of Julep, there's no reason for me not to stick around for a couple of months when it won't cost me much at all. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Ashleigh Paige /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Unless they're showing off the Brilliance bottle a month or more early, I'm pretty sure that will be one of this month's MB products. I've been squinting at the image for a while and I swear the small text reads "glycolic hand scrub," which would make it a rebranding. The first word has the same number of letters as "glycolic" and appears to share some too (take that with a grain of salt because it might be my brain making the word what I want it to be) and I'm pretty certain the second and third words are "hand scrub." I liked the sample-size hand scrub I got a couple of months ago, but their way of rebranding old products and presenting them as new does come across as shady.

I'm cautiously awaiting the reveal. My May box is prepaid from the crowdfunding, my June box will be free because I'll have enough Jules by then, and July should be when I get my first skip, so even though I've been considering cancelling because I'm starting to feel a little disillusioned after a year of Julep, there's no reason for me not to stick around for a couple of months when it won't cost me much at all. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
If you've been in for a year you should be grandfathered into the skips... you can still skip whenever you want :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by tulosai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  If you've been in for a year you should be grandfathered into the skips... you can still skip whenever you want :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I wish! I've been buying Julep products since last April (mostly mystery boxes), but I didn't become a Maven until January 1st of this year. I got stuck in that awful little period between the grandfathering date of Dec.18th and when they announced the new system around January 16th and forced everyone who joined post-Dec.18th on it.

Spoiler!!!

That apricot shimmer reminds me a lot of Karen as it looks when I put it on me. I've got three or four bottles of Karen, so there's one box I'll be avoiding.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ashleigh Paige /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  That apricot shimmer reminds me a lot of Karen as it looks when I put it on me. I've got three or four bottles of Karen, so there's one box I'll be avoiding.
Exactly what I thought!  Love peaches and love Karen but yeah, I already have it lol. 

I kinda like the apricot shimmer color and think it's pretty summery. I don't have anything like it already so it's a possible option for me. I've been tempted by Karen so many times when I have seen it as a $5 add on but never ended up getting it. I'm looking forward to seeing this collection :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm interested in trying out the Plie wand, although I didn't pre-order.  I like apricot/peachy/orange shades, but good point about Karen.  I haven't even worn that one yet.

Someone on Facebook is saying Color Crush is the new It Girl name. Makes sense but why change that one and not the others? We'll see on Sunday, maybe they are actually changing all the names. But I like It Girl better than Color Crush 
icon_rolleyes.gif

Back