(Spoilers) Julep May 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is the original pitch that went out from Julep in January.  So I did do crowd funding and I do have the It Girl profile and I was expecting that it would/will come with the wand.  ?  The email I got today said that it would be in the boxes except color crush, modern beauty and core classics.  I guess I will have to wait and find out.  I wish they would open the window early.  Holidays are hectic 

What time on the 20th are we able to go and choose? What time zone? What day are you billed on? This is my 1st month.
I am not sure about the exact time it opens but it is usually open before lunchtime (est time zone).

Quote: Originally Posted by CharstarWishes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What time on the 20th are we able to go and choose?
What time zone?
What day are you billed on?

This is my 1st month.

Hello and Welcome!

The window opens on the 20th - usually by 9 am Eastern.  Most things are Pacific timezone with Julep 

The window is open until the 24th.  You select the maven box you want based on their offerings.  You can choose to add on other polishes or products from the month.  You can also choose to upgrade for an additional fee to the full collection or polish only.  

They bill on the 27th of the month. 

Quote: Originally Posted by CharstarWishes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What time on the 20th are we able to go and choose?
What time zone?
What day are you billed on?

This is my 1st month.
Window is usually open between 6-7am Pacific time for me.  If the collection is good this month, some of the extra add ons might be sold out by that night.  I usually check it out asap in the morning (my cat gets me up at 6:30am every.single.day, lol, weekends don't exist for my early bird kitty boy).  That way if there is anything I *have* to have, I decide right then.  If it is just okay or I don't care, I'll spend the day thinking and decide that night on the 20th.

They are supposed to bill on the 27th of each month, occasionally it'll get billed a day or two later, it is done in waves starting the 27th.  They are also supposed to start shipping on the 27th, but they ship in waves also, and from two different locations.  Most people tend to receive the maven boxes within a week of billing day since they are still sending them through USPS.

I'm sure people are going to flip out no matter what happens on Sunday. :/
Seriously. Change anything and people flip s$&@. People are like cats; put a new scratching post in the room and it's like a hideous monster invaded. A few weeks later, they're completely fine with it. Same thing.

Maybe they came up with "Color Crush" just for this month and it will have the same colors as It Girl, but not the wand. That way, if It Girl is your style and you prefunded, you keep your profile and get the wand, but if you just want polish, you can go with Color Crush? Just a thought

I wonder if the wand will be helpful for pedicures. I pre-ordered because I figured why not, but I am pretty good at painting with my non-dominant hand. But I wouldn't mind some pedicure assistance. I am a little peeved that I can't get the wand and Modern Beauty, though.

In the email I received it says that if you are a modern beauty & you already paid for the wand you will be defaulted to classic with a twist for this month only. You can change it in the reveal, but I forsee some major problems with this whole thing. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Hm ... maybe color crush is not a new profile replacing it girl then, but maybe they've finally listened and are giving us the additional option to pick 3 colors freely as an alternative to skipping. Which would make me very happy indeed!!! And then there are products in addition to the plie in all boxes except for it girl .. which only has the polishes plus plie. The apricot color does go with a ballet theme.

Hm ... maybe color crush is not a new profile replacing it girl then, but maybe they've finally listened and are giving us the additional option to pick 3 colors freely as an alternative to skipping. Which would make me very happy indeed!!! And then there are products in addition to the plie in all boxes except for it girl .. which only has the polishes plus plie. The apricot color does go with a ballet theme.
Introducing Color Crush as a new box option (not an It Girl replacement) makes perfect sense to me, and would be an awesome new addition to the lineup. So you could pick Color Crush or Core Classics if the style boxes don't appeal. From a marketing perspective, using alliteration as a method for grouping the alternate boxes together is smart. It stands out from the style profiles. We certainly all noticed that they slipped it into that email! And, agreed: the Apricot is very ballet-appropriate!

If Color Crush is a customizable 3-polish box, I would not be surprised if they do away with It Girl. I think it's a really great idea, actually. It Girl always struck me as a crappy deal compared to the other boxes, but if you can pick exactly the three colors you want, it's much better. The only down side is that it would lead to fewer people upgrading. I bet it would lead to more (and happier) Mavens, though, so I'm sure it'd be worth it (both for new Mavens and for Julep). Win-win!

I have a huge feeling that won't be the intent of the Color Crush style profile. It would kinda defeat the whole purpose of Julep. Then again, I see how it could benefit them customer-wise & more Mavens will be happy. Ehh, I'm really not sure.

It occurred to me that Color Crush might be a new name for the polish-only upgrade, rather than re-naming It Girl or making a new profile. It made sense to me as you get all the nail colours that month and no beauty products.

A customizable box would be sweet but I doubt they would do it. Not only would they have a surplus of the unpopular shades from that month, but they might also sell out of the shades people do want and it would just turn into a big mess.

There's a comment from Julep on yesterday's Plié blog post stating that 4 of the choices will have the Plié wand. We know Modern Beauty, Color Crush, and Core Classics won't, which leaves us with Classic with a Twist, Boho Glam, Bombshell, and It Girl all containing the wand. I'm really thinking at this point that Color Crush is something new and different. Hope we're in for a nice surprise! I haven't seen anything from Julep to-date acknowledging it or hinting at what it could be.

Latest posts

Back