(Spoilers) Julep May 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep checking the blog but I wonder if they won't have another post since they added the plié post yesterday.

Quote: Originally Posted by CurlyTails /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wonder if the wand will be helpful for pedicures. I pre-ordered because I figured why not, but I am pretty good at painting with my non-dominant hand. But I wouldn't mind some pedicure assistance.

I am a little peeved that I can't get the wand and Modern Beauty, though.

I'm horrible with pedicures and that is where my mind went also. I'm hoping it might help with my toes. 

Quote: Originally Posted by autopilot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It occurred to me that Color Crush might be a new name for the polish-only upgrade, rather than re-naming It Girl or making a new profile.

It made sense to me as you get all the nail colours that month and no beauty products.
This makes sense to me also. 

I wonder if the wand will be helpful for pedicures. I pre-ordered because I figured why not, but I am pretty good at painting with my non-dominant hand. But I wouldn't mind some pedicure assistance. I am a little peeved that I can't get the wand and Modern Beauty, though.
Maybe it will be available as an add-on, just not in the box. I've been stalling changing my toes waiting for the wand. Looks like it will be a big help with pedicures.

This is from their blog: "It will not be in EVERY box, as not everyone is as eager as we are :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />, but it will be available in 4 of our choices this month, AND as an add-on" which could refer to the 4 nail polish profiles ... or it could refer to the boho, bombshell & classic and the big upgrade. They are being very vague about this. And they talk about both the Polish lover upgrade and color crush in their mail. So, I think either color crush is a new option ... Or it replaces it girl. Though it makes absolutely no sense to me not to include the plie in the it girl boxes. "

Quote: Originally Posted by sylarana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is from their blog:

"It will not be in EVERY box, as not everyone is as eager as we are
smile.gif
, but it will be available in 4 of our choices this month, AND as an add-on"

which could refer to the 4 nail polish profiles ... or it could refer to the boho, bombshell & classic and the big upgrade.

They are being very vague about this. And they talk about both the Polish lover upgrade and color crush in their mail. So, I think either color crush is a new option ... Or it replaces it girl. Though it makes absolutely no sense to me not to include the plie in the it girl boxes. "
I'm on the other side:  It doesn't make sense to me that they *would* include it in It Girl boxes.  That's a profile that the created for polish only after they started sending out products, and Mavens complained that they don't *want* products, tools, or anything other than polish.  I picked it and have stuck with it because I don't want the tools or products.  I want *polish*.  Beginning, middle, end.  If there's going to be something else in those boxes, it should be an *small extra* like an emery board or foil samples of something and not part of the box.  I did not join the crowdfunding project because I specifically do not want this thing, and I expected that It Girl would not have it since the big draw of that profile is that it doesn't have anything other than polish.  This whole thing is making my head hurt.  Tomorrow is going to be interesting, and I have a feeling it won't be in a good way.

My guess is that It Girl will be 2 polishes plus the wand for this month only and Color Crush is a special box with 3 colors and no wand, so that those who don't want the wand have a 3 color box to choose.

Upon reflection I think you guys are right who said a completely customized box would defeat the point of the profiles. Julep has been pretty bad about just changing things without notice, so it wouldn't surprise me if Color Crush is It Girl with a new name. A nice compromise would be if Color Crush is a three-polish box, but ONE of those polishes can be customized. If you think about it, it would only be fair since they started allowing Mavens to select the product color in the other boxes (for the blush, lipgloss, and eye sheen boxes).

At any rate, we'll know in about 12 hours, right?

...Also, remind me: they don't tell us anything until early morning, right? Nothing is posted at midnight or later during the night?

Upon reflection I think you guys are right who said a completely customized box would defeat the point of the profiles. Julep has been pretty bad about just changing things without notice, so it wouldn't surprise me if Color Crush is It Girl with a new name. A nice compromise would be if Color Crush is a three-polish box, but ONE of those polishes can be customized. If you think about it, it would only be fair since they started allowing Mavens to select the product color in the other boxes (for the blush, lipgloss, and eye sheen boxes). At any rate, we'll know in about 12 hours, right? ...Also, remind me: they don't tell us anything until early morning, right? Nothing is posted at midnight or later during the night?

Quote: Originally Posted by TooMuchElectric /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Upon reflection I think you guys are right who said a completely customized box would defeat the point of the profiles. Julep has been pretty bad about just changing things without notice, so it wouldn't surprise me if Color Crush is It Girl with a new name. A nice compromise would be if Color Crush is a three-polish box, but ONE of those polishes can be customized. If you think about it, it would only be fair since they started allowing Mavens to select the product color in the other boxes (for the blush, lipgloss, and eye sheen boxes).

At any rate, we'll know in about 12 hours, right?

...Also, remind me: they don't tell us anything until early morning, right? Nothing is posted at midnight or later during the night?
Nope nothing will go up until about 6AM PST.

Gah, stupid iPad botched my post. I usually get my e-mail about 9 AM, I don't think I've ever gotten one earlier than that. That apricot shimmer image is intriguing. I hope it means we're getting some softer colors this month.

I have to say I am rather excited about tomorrow and looking forward to seeing the options!!!

I like the colors better this month, but I wish there was a product instead of the wand.  I like to "choke-up" on my polish brushes as is, so I cannot believe the product is going to be a win for me.

I'm still not a fan of that orange but the others are calling to me. I only want the wand for my toes.

I love the bombshell colors, I guess I will be trying out this plié wand. It mentions double jules as well.

At first gut reaction (not always my best one, mind you; I decided at first glance I wasn't into the March collection except for Tania but ordered Myriam and Monaco later because they grew on me), I want to go with my default profile Boho Glam with Laree and the Creativity Kit as my add-ons. If I got a third add-on, it would likely be the Karen-looking Saaya solely because of the name. Lose an "a" and it's the name of one of my favorite characters in anything ever (Saya). But I'll give it some time for once.

Kinda annoyed I was right about the Brilliance being a rebranded glycolic scrub.

In case anyone needs the link to Julep's probably-Photoshopped swatches: http://www.julep.com/blog/meet-the-may-2014-maven-collection/

So my question is I paid $40 months ago for my wand...now everyone is getting them what did my $40 pay for then......everyone else's.? And then they want to charge me my monthly maven?

I am CWaT. I already have a Raspberry Shimmer. It's called Evie!! What to do what to do. Would be nice if the Mystery Color was something never seen before.

Latest posts

Back