(Spoilers) Julep May 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by sylarana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm kind of glad that I preordered and only have to choose which box I want this month .. no pondering over whether to skip or not ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I originally thought that the Plie wand would be the product of this month's box, but that wouldn't go with the It girl box.

Colorwise, I'm pretty open to anything .. usually I find at least 1-2 colors I like in every theme and rarely like a theme so much that I feel the need to get all the colors. I wouldn't mind a ballet theme with softer spring colors .. in contrast to the vivid ones last month and the also rather strong ones in the Riviera collection.

Just no more speckles please ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
But the It Girl box never has a product, so I still think the wand will be the main product, and just those that chose It Girl who preordered also get the wand. Usually though there are several products. Blush/bronzer/brushes, lip treatments, eye sheens/eyeliner/brushes, Ta Da drops/cuticle remover drops, etc. They do seem to go together, so maybe they stick to the nail art theme.

I would love a summer movie blockbuster theme for the colors, that would be fun, we've got Spiderman 2, X-Men, Godzilla, Maleficent, all coming out this summer. Whatever it is, I hope it's something a little wild and crazy!

Quote: Originally Posted by sylarana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm kind of glad that I preordered and only have to choose which box I want this month .. no pondering over whether to skip or not ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I originally thought that the Plie wand would be the product of this month's box, but that wouldn't go with the It girl box.

Colorwise, I'm pretty open to anything .. usually I find at least 1-2 colors I like in every theme and rarely like a theme so much that I feel the need to get all the colors. I wouldn't mind a ballet theme with softer spring colors .. in contrast to the vivid ones last month and the also rather strong ones in the Riviera collection.

Just no more speckles please ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I feel the same way about not having to worry about skipping! Last month was the worst with me overthinking my decision of whether or not I should get a box, so I am looking forward to having that decision already made! I'm also with you on the theme...I have been a subscriber for well over a year and have never liked a collection enough to do a full upgrade. 

I'm having trouble thinking about how they will release a collection this month with totally new colors since they have released so many this year already. Since I don't know if we'll see new colors I am really hoping for some fun finishes!

I think that either the Plié Wand will be this month's product (with modern beauty getting the striping/dotting brushes as the second product) or it will be like the LOVE polish and will come in every box as an extra. I think the cost of the Plié Wand would determine whether it is a product or extra and I don't know how much it is individually. When they announced the pre-order, I think they made a big deal about how there might only be enough Plié Wands for people who pre-ordered, but I don't think that's true I think they will be available for all subscribers. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We do know the add-on tools will be the plie dotting tool and brush attachment, so maybe this month will focus more on nail art?
Totally new to Julep- I did pre-order the Plie` Wand though- so how do you ladies know about the Dotting Tool and Brush attachment...? I am so out of the loop. Tell me how to figure these things out? Where can I find these sneak peeks on Julep?

Quote: Originally Posted by LisaD123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Totally new to Julep- I did pre-order the Plie` Wand though- so how do you ladies know about the Dotting Tool and Brush attachment...? I am so out of the loop. Tell me how to figure these things out? Where can I find these sneak peeks on Julep?
They had an announcement about the dotting and striping tools with the introduction to the Plié Wand/ pre-order option. There was an option to pre-order these with the wand. They haven't sent out any sneak peeks for May yet, but they are usually on their facebook page and blog (http://www.julep.com/blog) in the days leading up to the selection window (which is on the 20th). They typically always post the product early on the blog (and sometimes send an email about it) and color spoilers on facebook. 

Welcome to Julep! I wish I had some super secret source for info but I just saw them in the video haha.  Here's the link that shows what they look like http://www.julep.com/idealab/plie-wand  I am guessing (just total speculation) that whatever the other product(s) are, they are something that doesn't need a brush/sponge/other accessory since they will already have these tools.

Usually we get a spoiler on the 18th though.  Sometimes it's an email, but lately it has been a Facebook post with one of the maven styles revealed.  Then on the 19th their blog post goes live which reveals the products.  These arent guarantees, just what has been happening lately.  If you have FB I recommend joining the "Julep Swap" group, because someone there always posts spoilers/new product links etc. pretty much the instant they appear haha!  But several of us here are in that group so one of us will post the deets here too
smile.gif

Thanks Lolo !!

I am one of the few with no FB
hahaha.gif
I get this a lot of the time- FB is to HS for me...I signed up years ago when it first came out and yeah I cancelled. So I will look for 411 here and other blogs. So thanks again.

Welcome to Julep! I wish I had some super secret source for info but I just saw them in the video haha.  Here's the link that shows what they look like http://www.julep.com/idealab/plie-wand  I am guessing (just total speculation) that whatever the other product(s) are, they are something that doesn't need a brush/sponge/other accessory since they will already have these tools.

Usually we get a spoiler on the 18th though.  Sometimes it's an email, but lately it has been a Facebook post with one of the maven styles revealed.  Then on the 19th their blog post goes live which reveals the products.  These arent guarantees, just what has been happening lately.  If you have FB I recommend joining the "Julep Swap" group, because someone there always posts spoilers/new product links etc. pretty much the instant they appear haha!  But several of us here are in that group so one of us will post the deets here too
smile.gif

Thank you for posting that video! Maybe I'm a sucker for marketing but the plie wand intrigues me if it'll make it easier for me to polish without as much clean up. But as for the dotting and striping tool, I think I'll stick with MoYou stamps for now:) But the plie wand has potential. I love that it's coming out in my birthday month. Birthday Jules and a new accessory option, woot!

And thanks for letting us know about the Julep Swap group on FB! I never would have found it on my own. But I think it could be dangerous for my Julep addiction, hehe;)

I pre-ordered -- I've gotten not bad at using my left (non-dominant) hand to polish, but what I'm really looking forward to using it for is pedicures.  Thanks to a knee injury, I'm not so bendy as I once was, and reaching my toes on my "bad knee" leg is a challenge.

And at least I won't have to pay for my box this month, because I have been getting polish upgrades like they are going out of style lately.  If this is a "ballet" theme, I just might be tempted to go for it.  If they name polishes after the main characters in ballets, they could probably work just about any color in.

Quote: Originally Posted by mishmish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  what colors would you suggest would be good for a SUMMER THEME for nail polishes?
I would like to see a bright pink w/ lime green sparkles, and maybe a bright purple with bright yellow sparkles. 

Sparkles are, obviously, good. I'm also all about mermaidy colors. Sea greens, blues, etc. 

The right shades of gold are always good for summer. 

I think it would be so so so so so awesome, if Popsugar would send stamp plates in a box. 

Sorry, you weren't asking about that. My mind started wandering at mermaidy colors to mermaidy stamps. lol. 

We do know the add-on tools will be the plie dotting tool and brush attachment, so maybe this month will focus more on nail art?

Welcome!

New to Julep as of April, and so excited to be here! I'm a May baby, so I'm really looking forward to their take on Emerald. :cool: As for May boxes, I'm optimistic and curious about the Plié wand... If it lives up, it'll be the greatest thing ever for us girls who are a bit clumsy with our non-dominant hands. Color wise, I would love a beautiful, shimmery pastel collection on a ballet theme. I'm thinking mermaids for July! Glittery aqua, blue, green, and gold. Maybe a cool chunky glitter topcoat. A "sandy" glittery neutral shade paired with an Aqua creme for Classic with a Twist... Yeah, that would make me a happy camper!

I'm still not sure if the plie wand is the product or not. If it's not the product (like in January, how only Modern Beauty got the new Vanish drops), then I expect the product to be manicure-related. May and June are going to include a huge influx of new Mavens, so Julep should try to either blow us away with new and amazing things, or highlight whatever classic products are the most popular (or products they are the most proud of).

Color-wise, I hope May includes a couple one-coat opaque cremes. Not a whole collection, just, like, two so we know they can still make them. I hear Julep used to be really good at opaque cremes.

Lastly, what was the final word on the caps? I know they fixed the plie wand so that it is backwards-compatible with the current caps. But after the plie launch, will the caps stay the same (please please please) or are they still planning to switch to only round magnetic caps (boooo, hisssss)?

I'm still not sure if the plie wand is the product or not. If it's not the product (like in January, how only Modern Beauty got the new Vanish drops), then I expect the product to be manicure-related. May and June are going to include a huge influx of new Mavens, so Julep should try to either blow us away with new and amazing things, or highlight whatever classic products are the most popular (or products they are the most proud of). Color-wise, I hope May includes a couple one-coat opaque cremes. Not a whole collection, just, like, two so we know they can still make them. I hear Julep used to be really good at opaque cremes. Lastly, what was the final word on the caps? I know they fixed the plie wand so that it is backwards-compatible with the current caps. But after the plie launch, will the caps stay the same (please please please) or are they still planning to switch to only round magnetic caps (boooo, hisssss)?
They made the wand compatible with the normal caps. Caps will stay the same.

Subscribed. I think I'm just about polished out. Trying to save money also. I also overspent last month with Julep so the colours would have to be something really special for me not to skip. No idea what I want to see. Not speckles though. And after two months in a row of brights... ?

I pre-ordered back in March. I had enough Jules to cover my March box so I paid for my May box that month instead - this way if it's an awesome collection and I want to do the polish upgrade I'll only have to pay the difference so I'm really hoping it is another awesome collection! We've had a lot of bold, bright colors lately which is awesome but some fun pastels in finishes other than creams would be nice (I have Etta on right now and I love the shimmery light green, I'd love more like that)

Quote: Originally Posted by Jacksoki /img/forum/go_quote.gif

New to Julep as of April, and so excited to be here! I'm a May baby, so I'm really looking forward to their take on Emerald.
cool.gif

As for May boxes, I'm optimistic and curious about the Plié wand... If it lives up, it'll be the greatest thing ever for us girls who are a bit clumsy with our non-dominant hands. Color wise, I would love a beautiful, shimmery pastel collection on a ballet theme. I'm thinking mermaids for July! Glittery aqua, blue, green, and gold. Maybe a cool chunky glitter topcoat. A "sandy" glittery neutral shade paired with an Aqua creme for Classic with a Twist... Yeah, that would make me a happy camper!
Welcome! Those are really nice polish suggestions I would be happy to get those.

Back