redjill

(Spoilers) Julep May 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieS131 View Post

Interesting....it looks like Brilliance might be a hand scrub? If so, it's interesting that Julep is re-packaging many of it's old products and giving them new names (Quick Dry/ Ta Da Drops, Hand Scrub/Brilliance, Rock Star/Luxe Hand Cream). 

It's nice for the newer Mavens who haven't tried the products yet, but is a little shady especially for the older subscribers who've already tried the products. I don't know quite how to feel about repackaging products and reselling. I'd be interested to see if they up the price between dupes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Silva View Post

It's nice for the newer Mavens who haven't tried the products yet, but is a little shady especially for the older subscribers who've already tried the products. I don't know quite how to feel about repackaging products and reselling. I'd be interested to see if they up the price between dupes.

I have no problem getting repeat products, especially the hand/feet products since those are my favorites. I just think it's a little weird that they are being renamed. Maybe Julep wants their products to have catchy names that make people want to buy them? "Brilliance" does sound better than "Glycolic Hand Scrub" (if that is what the picture shows) and "Ta Da!" sounds better than "Quick Dry Drops". 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieS131 View Post

I have no problem getting repeat products, especially the hand/feet products since those are my favorites. I just think it's a little weird that they are being renamed. Maybe Julep wants their products to have catchy names that make people want to buy them? "Brilliance" does sound better than "Glycolic Hand Scrub" (if that is what the picture shows) and "Ta Da!" sounds better than "Quick Dry Drops". 

I'd have no problems with repeats if they identified what the "new" products were formerly known as. Not doing so makes it sound shady.

• Like 2

Yeah, this is the code I used for three mint condition creams. But someone on Facebook suggested that if you use PERK10 on the Foot Doctors combo, you can get 1 cream with a foot file and nail separators for a total of $10.80. However, I used PERK10 already, so I used the MINTY code.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhvittoria View Post

Give me all of the mermaid themed polishes. ALL of them. I need them. Right meow.

Right?! I'm so loving mermaids right now. Well, always. And Faeries, and anything else that is fantasy-awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowerfish View Post

Even though you're not totally sold on it, your description of a potential ballet theme sounds gorgeous!  If that existed, I would totally be tempted to do a full upgrade :love:

See, you're making me want to see if the A England ballet collection is in stock yet. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChick View Post

I'd have no problems with repeats if they identified what the "new" products were formerly known as. Not doing so makes it sound shady.

Agreed, especially if they are saying it is new. I think I'm the only person in the universe that hated the hand cream. I loved the pedicure cream though. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Silva View Post

Julep was featured in a Techcrunch article this morning and their photo shows the Plie Wand packaging and a product we haven't seen yet. Can't really read what it is though, just "Brilliance".

I wonder if the Plie box is that size because they plan to include the nail polishes that are chosen.

I'm definitely regretting that I did not pre-order the plie wand thing b/c I just have a feeling I'm going to really miss out somehow this month for having not. I didn't really care all that much about it when it was announced, and I was brand new to Julep so I had no idea if I was really going to stick around that long. On the bright side, I have enough Jules for a free box this month with some to spare so hopefully if there is anything extra that I need to have, I will be able to just pay the difference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel S View Post

I'm definitely regretting that I did not pre-order the plie wand thing b/c I just have a feeling I'm going to really miss out somehow this month for having not. I didn't really care all that much about it when it was announced, and I was brand new to Julep so I had no idea if I was really going to stick around that long. On the bright side, I have enough Jules for a free box this month with some to spare so hopefully if there is anything extra that I need to have, I will be able to just pay the difference!

I have supported so many crowd funded projects and I think a lot of them try to make you think you'll be getting something extra or getting a big discount if you donate your money earlier. For the most part, I've found that wasn't the case. I really didn't get anything extra or save a ton of money by funding them early. You shouldn't worry about it, I don't think Julep will be any different. I think the most that early backers will get extra is maybe a bonus polish, which they hinted at. And I'm sure many people will have it up for trade if you're interested in getting it. I read that Plie campaign page over and over, and I think they definitely made it sound like you would be "missing out" if you didn't give them your money early for it. But I also noticed that if you just waited for May you would be getting basically the same thing.

• Like 1

I have supported so many crowd funded projects and I think a lot of them try to make you think you'll be getting something extra or getting a big discount if you donate your money earlier. For the most part, I've found that wasn't the case. I really didn't get anything extra or save a ton of money by funding them early. You shouldn't worry about it, I don't think Julep will be any different. I think the most that early backers will get extra is maybe a bonus polish, which they hinted at. And I'm sure many people will have it up for trade if you're interested in getting it. I read that Plie campaign page over and over, and I think they definitely made it sound like you would be "missing out" if you didn't give them your money early for it. But I also noticed that if you just waited for May you would be getting basically the same thing.
I hope so. I'm such a Julep freak that I often feel like I'm missing out when I'm not able to collect all the colors. I just didn't have much money near the beginning of the year.

Hmm... It looks like they're adding a new style profile, Color Crush. Or maybe they're renaming It Girl? I'm not sure I like that. It just feels weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

Hmm... It looks like they're adding a new style profile, Color Crush. Or maybe they're renaming It Girl? I'm not sure I like that. It just feels weird.

Agreed.

And I don't want the Plie wand.  At all.  Ever.

• Like 1

Quote:

That was my first thought as well, but it's still named It Girl in my profile on the site, so maybe it's a new profile. But it wouldn't surprise me if they did rename It Girl.

That was my first thought as well, but it's still named It Girl in my profile on the site, so maybe it's a new profile. But it wouldn't surprise me if they did rename It Girl.
New names may "launch" with the May box on Sunday.

Well I guess that answers the product question.  If MB doesn't come with the wand then we will still see 2 products this month.  Though, it seems like maybe they will be 'old favorites' or something since most boxes wont have them.  Seems like it would be mean to include a cool new product that none of the crowd-funders would get without doing an add-on.  I'll put a guess on that repackaged hand scrub showing up in MB and my second guess is on a new and improved (repackaged) mascara.

Quote:

Feels a little weird to me too, although honestly I hope they are renaming the profiles because they don't usually fit with the colors anyway (to me).  I still miss American Beauty.  I never skipped a single box with that profile.

Agreed. And I don't want the Plie wand.  At all.  Ever.
Same here. If I do somehow end up with one, I guaranfuckingtee you that it will end up as a cat toy, and those two will get far more use out if it than I ever would. Especially Oscar. That looks like something he would *love* to chew on.
  • Like 2

Unless they're showing off the Brilliance bottle a month or more early, I'm pretty sure that will be one of this month's MB products. I've been squinting at the image for a while and I swear the small text reads "glycolic hand scrub," which would make it a rebranding. The first word has the same number of letters as "glycolic" and appears to share some too (take that with a grain of salt because it might be my brain making the word what I want it to be) and I'm pretty certain the second and third words are "hand scrub." I liked the sample-size hand scrub I got a couple of months ago, but their way of rebranding old products and presenting them as new does come across as shady.

I'm cautiously awaiting the reveal. My May box is prepaid from the crowdfunding, my June box will be free because I'll have enough Jules by then, and July should be when I get my first skip, so even though I've been considering cancelling because I'm starting to feel a little disillusioned after a year of Julep, there's no reason for me not to stick around for a couple of months when it won't cost me much at all. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleigh Paige View Post

Unless they're showing off the Brilliance bottle a month or more early, I'm pretty sure that will be one of this month's MB products. I've been squinting at the image for a while and I swear the small text reads "glycolic hand scrub," which would make it a rebranding. The first word has the same number of letters as "glycolic" and appears to share some too (take that with a grain of salt because it might be my brain making the word what I want it to be) and I'm pretty certain the second and third words are "hand scrub." I liked the sample-size hand scrub I got a couple of months ago, but their way of rebranding old products and presenting them as new does come across as shady.

I'm cautiously awaiting the reveal. My May box is prepaid from the crowdfunding, my June box will be free because I'll have enough Jules by then, and July should be when I get my first skip, so even though I've been considering cancelling because I'm starting to feel a little disillusioned after a year of Julep, there's no reason for me not to stick around for a couple of months when it won't cost me much at all. ;)

If you've been in for a year you should be grandfathered into the skips... you can still skip whenever you want :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulosai View Post

If you've been in for a year you should be grandfathered into the skips... you can still skip whenever you want :)

I wish! I've been buying Julep products since last April (mostly mystery boxes), but I didn't become a Maven until January 1st of this year. I got stuck in that awful little period between the grandfathering date of Dec.18th and when they announced the new system around January 16th and forced everyone who joined post-Dec.18th on it.

Ok to say I dislike that apricot color would be an understatement... 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleigh Paige View Post

That apricot shimmer reminds me a lot of Karen as it looks when I put it on me. I've got three or four bottles of Karen, so there's one box I'll be avoiding.

Exactly what I thought!  Love peaches and love Karen but yeah, I already have it lol.