Kelly Silva

(Spoilers) Julep June 2014

Anyone else seen these photos on Instagram? I noticed a few today of some people that got to try out the Plie Wand, but they also seem to have some new products they're trying too that we haven't seen yet. June products?

891348_1416016412007100_742707704_n.jpg

Oxygen Performance Top Coat and Base Coat. No wonder they've been trying to offload the Freedom Polymer top coat recently.

Whoa! Good eye, Kelly!! According to the Instagram post, those are NYC Editors. If Julep was smart, then they're giving them a peek at some products that are coming out this fall.... so the editors can actually get them into their fall issues. It's too late for a June or July print publication. So, if Julep's being smart about this, we'll see those in September or October... along with a lot of buzz from the editors.

• Like 1

Whoa! Good eye, Kelly!! According to the Instagram post, those are NYC Editors. If Julep was smart, then they're giving them a peek at some products that are coming out this fall.... so the editors can actually get them into their fall issues. It's too late for a June or July print publication. So, if Julep's being smart about this, we'll see those in September or October... along with a lot of buzz from the editors.

I hope you're right, I want something a little more exciting than rebranded product for June. Especially considering May was just products we already knew about. I'm hoping to be wowed  :unsure:

• Like 1

Every year of Julep has basically been them re-releasing the same products for a higher cost. Sigh.

I hated the Polymer topcoat, and I have a feeling I won't like this one that much better. mreh.

I'm... probably about done with Julep, to be honest. But as long as I can keep the skip feature....

• Like 5

I hope you're right, I want something a little more exciting than rebranded product for June. Especially considering May was just products we already knew about. I'm hoping to be wowed  :unsure:

Agreed! Bring on the summer pedi must-haves, glitters, and/or brow products!

• Like 1

I would love some nice smelling and moisturizing foot products. I love wearing different types of sandals in the summer. I would also like to see more vibrant and fun textures and colors.

• Like 2

I hope this doesn't mean they're going to discontinue the nail therapy base coat, I actually really like that one for under my julep polishes.

Freedom, ehhh- its fine. Nothing (in any brand) beats my beloved SV for speed... although I will sometimes use freedom and top with SV, to get a super glassy high shine. & it is pretty good for that (also helps w/ smoothing chunky glitters down) But I def need a really fast fast drying top coat bc I do my nails before bed & I dont have any time to let em dry for awhile first (I need my sleep!! Ahahahaha) though, I wonder if these "new" oxygen top & base coats are just nail therapy & freedom rebranded & put in spiffy new bottles. :rolls eyes:

Thanks for sharing the pic tho Kelly! :)

Anyone else seen these photos on Instagram? I noticed a few today of some people that got to try out the Plie Wand, but they also seem to have some new products they're trying too that we haven't seen yet. June products?

Oxygen Performance Top Coat and Base Coat. No wonder they've been trying to offload the Freedom Polymer top coat recently.

I'm... probably about done with Julep, to be honest. But as long as I can keep the skip feature....

Samsies. I mostly haven't full on cancelled bc I don't feel like getting on the phone and dealing with CS. I can't remember the last time a collection really excited me. Usually it's one or two colors and if it's multiple, they are NEVER in the same collection. And nope, not paying more to get a "customized" box. 

Orders are loading for June already, looks like the product this month is the Oxygen Smoothing Base Coat.

Orders are loading for June already, looks like the product this month is the Oxygen Smoothing Base Coat.

Ohhh exciting!

Here's what I'm showing for details on my accounts right now: 

Maven Box Details

Your Box: June It Girl Box

Includes: 

• Savoy
  • Jennine
  • Phia
  • Subtotal: $42 (before tax, jules & prepaid credits)

Maven Box Details

Your Box: June Modern Beauty Box

Includes: 

• Oxygen Nail Treatment
  • Buffer Blocks - 4 pack
  • Oxygen Smoothing Base Coat
  • Subtotal: $40 (before tax, jules & prepaid credits)

I can't believe it's the 20th already tomorrow. Where did May go?!

I know I'm late to the party but I would reaaaaally like to see more textured polishes this month. And glitters. Maybe something metallic? I'm just over creams right now. 

I can't believe it's the 20th already tomorrow. Where did May go?!

I know I'm late to the party but I would reaaaaally like to see more textured polishes this month. And glitters. Maybe something metallic? I'm just over creams right now. 

Yes me too. There will probably be a spoiler today, and I'll bet they just show the base coat. Also Bombshell colors are Colette and Sera. Other colors from an unknown profile are Natalia and Harlow.

Yes me too. There will probably be a spoiler today, and I'll bet they just show the base coat. Also Bombshell colors are Colette and Sera. Other colors from an unknown profile are Natalia and Harlow.

Hmm hopefully interesting finishes for interesting names! :) 

• Like 1

Hmm hopefully interesting finishes for interesting names! :)

I know there are some popular names they haven't used yet, and yet it seems like they are running out of names. I don't think I've ever heard of or met anyone by most of the names they've been using lately.

• Like 1

Natalia and Harlow are Boho Glam, Bergen and Ariana are CWaT.

I know there are some popular names they haven't used yet, and yet it seems like they are running out of names. I don't think I've ever heard of or met anyone by most of the names they've been using lately.

Yeah, kind of strange. You'd think if you were going to name your polishes with women's names, you'd try to pick some that are kind of common. Even top 1000. 

Although, if my name was Bergen I'd probably be jumping for joy to finally have something with my name on it. 

• Like 1

So it looks like that Instagram photo may have indeed been June spoilers, here's a repost for anyone who missed it. I bet the top coat is in Core Classics and an add on. As possible color? Looks really sheer and frankly like so many other colors. Reminds me of Wendy.

Edited by Kelly Silva

I'm staying away from oxygen anything from them until I get reviews first. Their oxygen treatment made my nails peel for like 3 straight months after using it. I know the base coat is a different product but the name is enough for me to stay away. Also, that red is a snoozefest. I feel a skip coming on.

• Like 1

how are you seeing June's box?  My maven window is still closed :(

For me, if I go into "My Orders," there's a separate section called "Maven Window Orders."  You can click on "Box Details" and it opens a pop-up with the box information.  FYI -- I'm on a PC at work, not mobile, so don't know if this would work there.

It will be interesting to see the colors, and decide what to do about the "Pick a Box" option.  I'm not sure I want the Oxygen Base Coat (my Maven option is CwaT), but I'm so curious to see the colors!

• Like 1

For me, if I go into "My Orders," there's a separate section called "Maven Window Orders."  You can click on "Box Details" and it opens a pop-up with the box information.  FYI -- I'm on a PC at work, not mobile, so don't know if this would work there.

It will be interesting to see the colors, and decide what to do about the "Pick a Box" option.  I'm not sure I want the Oxygen Base Coat (my Maven option is CwaT), but I'm so curious to see the colors!

thanks!

why is this processing?  And 46.00?  that is weird. 

• Like 1

thanks!

why is this processing?  And 46.00?  that is weird. 

It always shows "processing" for me pretty much from just before the window opens till I get my box in the mail.  $46 is the actual "value" of the box before maven pricing is taken into account ($18+$14+$14)

I'm staying away from oxygen anything from them until I get reviews first. Their oxygen treatment made my nails peel for like 3 straight months after using it. I know the base coat is a different product but the name is enough for me to stay away. Also, that red is a snoozefest. I feel a skip coming on.

Same here! Mine have been peeling since January from that oxygen treatment! I'm skipping this month anyway since they never sent my May box and sent me a fake tracking number.

Question for you ladies who have been a Maven longer than I have - I would like to use my jewels and close my account (their customer service and the mystery boxes have left a bad taste in my mouth).  It says "You can spend them on your monthly Maven box or in the Maven exclusives shopping section."    Where can one find the "Maven exclusives shopping section" and how much do jewels translate into for money?  Can I partially pay with these points + cash?  I think I have 1200 after I use 2000 for my box.

Question for you ladies who have been a Maven longer than I have - I would like to use my jewels and close my account (their customer service and the mystery boxes have left a bad taste in my mouth).  It says "You can spend them on your monthly Maven box or in the Maven exclusives shopping section."    Where can one find the "Maven exclusives shopping section" and how much do jewels translate into for money?  Can I partially pay with these points + cash?  I think I have 1200 after I use 2000 for my box.

The only place I've seen that you can spend Jules outside of the monthly window is in the section labeled "Jule Box" at the bottom of the Shop tab.

http://www.julep.com/shop/jule-box.html

• Like 1