(Spoilers) Julep June 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm worried that the debacle of May is going to transfer over to a debacle of June.

Product wise, I'm in the pedi product camp. Polish wise, I want textures and fun colors.

I think textures would be great and definitely more glitter!  Some glittery top coats would be nice as I have tons of creme polishes at this point.  As for the beauty item, pedi would be great or I totally agree with a brow product!

Has anyone seen the nails inc new floral glitter? It's amazing & Im hoping for some fun glitter from julep!!

Anyone else seen these photos on Instagram? I noticed a few today of some people that got to try out the Plie Wand, but they also seem to have some new products they're trying too that we haven't seen yet. June products?

891348_1416016412007100_742707704_n.jpg

Oxygen Performance Top Coat and Base Coat. No wonder they've been trying to offload the Freedom Polymer top coat recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else seen these photos on Instagram? I noticed a few today of some people that got to try out the Plie Wand, but they also seem to have some new products they're trying too that we haven't seen yet. June products?

Oxygen Performance Top Coat and Base Coat. No wonder they've been trying to offload the Freedom Polymer top coat recently.
Whoa! Good eye, Kelly!! According to the Instagram post, those are NYC Editors. If Julep was smart, then they're giving them a peek at some products that are coming out this fall.... so the editors can actually get them into their fall issues. It's too late for a June or July print publication. So, if Julep's being smart about this, we'll see those in September or October... along with a lot of buzz from the editors.

Whoa! Good eye, Kelly!! According to the Instagram post, those are NYC Editors. If Julep was smart, then they're giving them a peek at some products that are coming out this fall.... so the editors can actually get them into their fall issues. It's too late for a June or July print publication. So, if Julep's being smart about this, we'll see those in September or October... along with a lot of buzz from the editors.
I hope you're right, I want something a little more exciting than rebranded product for June. Especially considering May was just products we already knew about. I'm hoping to be wowed  :unsure:

Every year of Julep has basically been them re-releasing the same products for a higher cost. Sigh.

I hated the Polymer topcoat, and I have a feeling I won't like this one that much better. mreh.

I'm... probably about done with Julep, to be honest. But as long as I can keep the skip feature....

I would love some nice smelling and moisturizing foot products. I love wearing different types of sandals in the summer. I would also like to see more vibrant and fun textures and colors.

I hope this doesn't mean they're going to discontinue the nail therapy base coat, I actually really like that one for under my julep polishes.

Freedom, ehhh- its fine. Nothing (in any brand) beats my beloved SV for speed... although I will sometimes use freedom and top with SV, to get a super glassy high shine. & it is pretty good for that (also helps w/ smoothing chunky glitters down) But I def need a really fast fast drying top coat bc I do my nails before bed & I dont have any time to let em dry for awhile first (I need my sleep!! Ahahahaha) though, I wonder if these "new" oxygen top & base coats are just nail therapy & freedom rebranded & put in spiffy new bottles. :rolls eyes:

Thanks for sharing the pic tho Kelly! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm... probably about done with Julep, to be honest. But as long as I can keep the skip feature....
Samsies. I mostly haven't full on cancelled bc I don't feel like getting on the phone and dealing with CS. I can't remember the last time a collection really excited me. Usually it's one or two colors and if it's multiple, they are NEVER in the same collection. And nope, not paying more to get a "customized" box. 

Orders are loading for June already, looks like the product this month is the Oxygen Smoothing Base Coat.

Orders are loading for June already, looks like the product this month is the Oxygen Smoothing Base Coat.
Ohhh exciting!

Here's what I'm showing for details on my accounts right now: 

Maven Box Details
Your Box: June It Girl BoxIncludes: 

• Savoy
  • Jennine
  • Phia
  • Subtotal: $42 (before tax, jules & prepaid credits)

Maven Box DetailsYour Box: June Modern Beauty Box

Includes: 

• Oxygen Nail Treatment
  • Buffer Blocks - 4 pack
  • Oxygen Smoothing Base Coat
  • Subtotal: $40 (before tax, jules & prepaid credits)

I can't believe it's the 20th already tomorrow. Where did May go?!

I know I'm late to the party but I would reaaaaally like to see more textured polishes this month. And glitters. Maybe something metallic? I'm just over creams right now. 

I can't believe it's the 20th already tomorrow. Where did May go?!

I know I'm late to the party but I would reaaaaally like to see more textured polishes this month. And glitters. Maybe something metallic? I'm just over creams right now. 
Yes me too. There will probably be a spoiler today, and I'll bet they just show the base coat. Also Bombshell colors are Colette and Sera. Other colors from an unknown profile are Natalia and Harlow.

Hmm hopefully interesting finishes for interesting names! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I know there are some popular names they haven't used yet, and yet it seems like they are running out of names. I don't think I've ever heard of or met anyone by most of the names they've been using lately.

Yes me too. There will probably be a spoiler today, and I'll bet they just show the base coat. Also Bombshell colors are Colette and Sera. Other colors from an unknown profile are Natalia and Harlow.
Natalia and Harlow are Boho Glam, Bergen and Ariana are CWaT.

I know there are some popular names they haven't used yet, and yet it seems like they are running out of names. I don't think I've ever heard of or met anyone by most of the names they've been using lately.
Yeah, kind of strange. You'd think if you were going to name your polishes with women's names, you'd try to pick some that are kind of common. Even top 1000. 

Although, if my name was Bergen I'd probably be jumping for joy to finally have something with my name on it. 

Back