meaganola

MUT NEST (All-purpose year-round chat!)

Thanks, everybody!  I just got back from lunch with my aunt:  I asked for a cocktail.  The server asked for my ID.  On my forty-third birthday.  Still boggling from that!

(And since we were born on the same day in the same year, it's Cat Power day.  If you ask Edgar and Oscar, of course, *every* day is cat power day!)

• Like 8

Has anyone been prompted with the "Verified by Visa" Authentication message when placing an online purchase? I seem to recall seeing it once during the holidays but I was able to bypass it. I am now unable to place an order without filling the information out. Maybe its a sign I shouldn't purchase. :unsure:

Has anyone been prompted with the "Verified by Visa" Authentication message when placing an online purchase? I seem to recall seeing it once during the holidays but I was able to bypass it. I am now unable to place an order without filling the information out. Maybe its a sign I shouldn't purchase. :unsure:

I've only ever had it happen to me when trying to buy from Sleek. And it wouldn't let me bypass it (and my bank rejected the order anyway...). :(

To my knowledge, it's safe if you want to go through with the order.

• Like 1

my bank Chase detected fraud activity on my card. looks like someone (or something, like a bot??) tried to do a transaction at hh gregg in talahasee for $400. good thing my bank declined it and they notified me. i was thinking about buying some booties (i shouldn't!), but it looks like i need to wait 7 days for my new card to arrive.. (or i can always use my credit card, but i swore i wont til it's all paid off!)

Thanks, everybody!  I just got back from lunch with my aunt:  I asked for a cocktail.  The server asked for my ID.  On my forty-third birthday.  Still boggling from that!

(And since we were born on the same day in the same year, it's Cat Power day.  If you ask Edgar and Oscar, of course, *every* day is cat power day!)

Happy birthday, @@meaganola! Ha ha, it feels good getting carded once you're legal! :P

I've only ever had it happen to me when trying to buy from Sleek. And it wouldn't let me bypass it (and my bank rejected the order anyway...). To my knowledge, it's safe if you want to go through with the order.

Thank you! I think the vendor has to participate in this secure method for it to pop up from our banks. So Sleek must be a participant? This is happening with Lush (UK).My banks website says Visa Verified is optional so, I got a bit nervous as it clearly isn't.

• Like 1

Thank you! I think the vendor has to participate in this secure method for it to pop up from our banks. So Sleek must be a participant? This is happening with Lush (UK).My banks website says Visa Verified is optional so, I got a bit nervous as it clearly isn't.

Huh, Sleek is also UK. Maybe it's an ordering UK from US type thing. 

On a related note, my bank for whatever reason panics whenever I try to order from the UK. I can spend as much money as I want in Asia, but one order to the UK and they freeze my account.

@@saku I'm glad the bank caught that fraud on our card. Yikes! I once had a friend find out that her card had been used to buy a $400 cooler from Texas. And the bank didn't catch it until the transaction had gone through. It was the oddest thing. Luckily the company was very understanding and returned the money to her account.

Edited by Dashery
  • Like 4

@@Dashery I order from Japan a LOT and my bank freaks out every time. <_< I have a freaking subscription to a monthly magazine from Japan and my account gets put on hold when it charges, like clockwork. I've asked them multiple times to make a note, but supposedly it is an auto thing that is supposed to stop after the client verifies a certain number of transactions. Well, I've yet to reach the number, apparently, LOL. :blink:

Oddly enough, I don't think I've ever ordered direct from the UK or anywhere in the EU, so that has never come up. Orders from Australia and NZ are no problemo. :lol:

• Like 3

@@Dashery I order from Japan a LOT and my bank freaks out every time. <_< I have a freaking subscription to a monthly magazine from Japan and my account gets put on hold when it charges, like clockwork. I've asked them multiple times to make a note, but supposedly it is an auto thing that is supposed to stop after the client verifies a certain number of transactions. Well, I've yet to reach the number, apparently, LOL. :blink:

Oddly enough, I don't think I've ever ordered direct from the UK or anywhere in the EU, so that has never come up. Orders from Australia and NZ are no problemo. :lol:

Every time I have to use my business debit card it gets cancelled! I have 2 companies I order from multiple times a day but then I buy something else and bam cancelled. Like on a weekly basis sometimes.

• Like 1

Every time I have to use my business debit card it gets cancelled! I have 2 companies I order from multiple times a day but then I buy something else and bam cancelled. Like on a weekly basis sometimes.

Ugh, how annoying! Do you have to request a new card every time? Because that would be someone's throat if I had to deal with that! <_<

Ugh, how annoying! Do you have to request a new card every time? Because that would be someone's throat if I had to deal with that! <_<

Luckily no but I have to call in every time and it's 20 to 30 minutes.

@@Dashery - I wonder if the sleek thing is new - I had not issues when I ordered!

It was over the summer actually. But it's just my bank haha. They're always watching.  :ph34r: And a little bit paranoid.

But the Visa Verification thing might be fairly new. I've only seen them in the past year or so.

Oof! That would drive me crazy. But our bank's like that with US sometimes. My brother went to college a few states away and he only ever used his card to buy gas a few times a year and they freaked out every time. One time they just straight up called the IRS.

Hopefully, that subscription thing works it's way out. What magazine is it? (If you don't mind me asking.... :lol: )

I confess that I want pizza but don't feel like walking THE WHOLE BLOCK it takes to get it.  Well, really, I just don't feel like getting dressed and walking down my stairs.  Maybe tomorrow, timed so that I can go pick it up when I go downstairs to get my mail.  I *really* don't like going down stairs.  I always have this fear that I'm going to slip and go sliding to the bottom.  It's happened.  Multiple times.

Luckily no but I have to call in every time and it's 20 to 30 minutes.

Well, I am happy that it isn't as bad as it could be, but man that still sucks. Banks just suck in general, blarg. -_-

• Like 1

I tried to place an order.  I just wanted to try out the Lush Kitchen.  Anyway, I think the order was canceled.  As soon as I did the credit card/password thing, I got a message saying an attempt to go from pending to order complete was canceled.  What's the point of this verification if its not going to work?  Now, I have this freakin password attached to my card that did nothing for me.  Hopefully, I never have to use it as I don't order anything outside the US usually.  If my card is on some sort of hold when I need it, I will not be thrilled about this.

I tried to place an order.  I just wanted to try out the Lush Kitchen.  Anyway, I think the order was canceled.  As soon as I did the credit card/password thing, I got a message saying an attempt to go from pending to order complete was canceled.  What's the point of this verification if its not going to work?  Now, I have this freakin password attached to my card that did nothing for me.  Hopefully, I never have to use it as I don't order anything outside the US usually.  If my card is on some sort of hold when I need it, I will not be thrilled about this.

That's exactly what happened to me when I tried to order from Sleek! Everything was that same.

Only then my bank called later (or the next day, I can't remember) and asked me if I made the order. And then they offered to let the transaction go through, but they had to know the exact dollar amount and I'd already changed my mind about the order.

So then I just went to the mall instead.  :P And it hasn't been an issue since, but it was really annoying. I've already decided that if I ever shop from Sleek again, I'm gonna buy one of those prepaid visa gift cards and try with that.

@@Dashery - It makes me feel better than its not some weird thing just happening to me. I gave all my info and it feels like its floating out there for some evil doings. Its annoying that we have to verify our card, create a password and still nothin'.

My husband was in London awhile back and I made a $300 plus purchase at Bed Bath and Beyond at the same time. We got a call from our bank. But, noting was stopped. I appreciate the look out but, this time it was for a lousy $50.00 order.

Oh well, I said I wasn't going to buy from LUSH until all the products I currently have are gone. So, I am going to stick with that.

• Like 1

Oh well, I said I wasn't going to buy from LUSH until all the products I currently have are gone. So, I am going to stick with that.

Haha The universe is conspiring to save you money! Hopefully, there will be fancy new products by the time you use up your stash!  :lol:

• Like 1

I have done absolutely nothing of note during this vacation.  I want another week of it.  I did get another bookcase set up and dividers made to convert my Birchboxes to pigment storage, but that's about it.  I haven't even caught up on anything on Hulu or Netflix.  There *has* been a lot of kitty snuggling, several levels of Candy Crush and Candy Crush Soda Saga conquered, and...  That's about it.  On the up side, I haven't spent a whole lot of money.  Oh!  I vacuumed yesterday, and I'm going to go deal with a mountain of (clean) laundry now.  So there's that.

• Like 8

I completed my nail polish swatchfest and organization, so I'm feeling pretty accomplished. Also got a makeup complement today....life is good!

*Today is my hubby;s day off and like a proud kindergartner I show him my polishes...."You have 10 of the exact same color!!" he states, crushing my excitement. "No! They are each a little different" I tell him. Men, ugh! <_< "You could paint everyone of your fingers with a different polish and no one would know the difference"...Challenge accepted sir!

Edited by sarap
  • Like 8

I completed my nail polish swatchfest and organization, so I'm feeling pretty accomplished. Also got a makeup complement today....life is good!

*Today is my hubby;s day off and like a proud kindergartner I show him my polishes...."You have 10 of the exact same color!!" he states, crushing my excitement. "No! They are each a little different" I tell him. Men, ugh! <_<

I've been trying foundations lately (doing the whole mixing to match thing) and I've been asking my husband on his opinion. Last night, after my latest color assessment request he admitted that they all looked fine and that he had no idea what he was supposed to be looking for. I told him that I was aiming for my face to get close to matching my neck and chest and that I thought the current one might be too pink. He gets right in my face to get a closer look and declares that no one would ever notice the difference.  <_<

• Like 5