MUT NEST (All-purpose year-round chat!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went with what was supposed to be a cooling mask because it's still 90 degrees in my apartment.  I am not exaggerating.  I have a thermometer next to me.  90.1 in my living room at 9:20 in the evening.  And 75.9 in my bedroom!  Thank you, Bobby Drake!  (Yes, I named my air conditioner.)  I'm seriously considering going to bed now just because it's cooler in there, but I'm not particularly sleepy, and not-sleepy + gone-to-bed = severe frustration.

Oh.  Right.  The mask.  The supposed to be a cooling mask.  It didn't do much to cool my face down.  SUMMER!  DO NOT LIKE!  READY FOR AUTUMN NAO!

Tomorrow is _Guardians of the Galaxy_ day for me!  Who else is seeing it this weekend?  I'll be seeing it at a local theatre that happens to be haunted.  I love that place.  I watched the last half of the last season of _Battlestar Galactica_, the last season of _Lost_, and the last episode of _Breaking Bad_ there.  Good times.  And balcony seating!  A full menu including tater tots (and this is part of...  Oh, just go look up McMenamin's.  It's too hard to explain everything they do)!  They don't bat an eye when you bring your own Nalgene bottle of water in!  And when your ticket is seven bucks for a first-run movie, you do feel like you can afford a slice of pizza or some tater tots with your movie.  I made the mistake of getting pizza *and* tots once, although that might have been the night of the series finale for _Lost_.  I think that was a three- or four-hour adventure.

My husband and his friends are hitting up the drive-in to see it tonight. Kiddos start school Monday so 8pm bedtimes are in place  :scared: I'm going to miss our free living days of summer. If it's okay for the kiddos to see, we'll watch it Sunday afternoon.

@@SaraP I'm sending my kids your way!  They don't start back til the 25th and they're trying to annoy me to death, I swear!

I did the Michael Todd Pumpkin Mask!  My skin has been dull and break-out-y and just bleh, so I thought burning off the top few layers and then smearing on some Argan Oil might help! (Also, almost all the way through my sample tube from Ipsy, um, one whole year ago! Oops!) But yay my skin is so soft and pretty now!

My latest bag.  This could be the cutest yet I think.

fish.jpg

And speaking of masks, I love paper masks but have only ever used Freeman.  I got a MaskerAid mask from @@puppymomofthree in the mss and oh em gee!  I am in love!  I ordered a bunch from their site but there is no way I'll ever be able to get enough of these.  Please keep that in mind if you get me for Secret Santa!!!

I think someone said pie. Did someone say pie? I could really go for some Dutch Apple right now...

@@DonnaD That  is a super cute bag! I am envious of your talent. I have no crafting talent whatsoever, although both my mom and my sister quilt, crochet and knit. My artistic abilities are wholly digital.

@@SaraP Are your kids in year-round? Several of the schools in our district just went year-round, including my youngest's former elementary. I don't know if I am relieved or disappointed that they aren't going back quite yet!

No we just start early and end early (Late May). It has to do with our state testing, they have to provide a state test a certain number of days after school starts. That put testing after Christmas break and because the numbers are all important (eye roll) they moved the start date up to move the testing prior to the break. It stinks because it's so hot here in Aug!

^^^ Ahh, that makes sense! My boys' school is pretty traditional - late August start, early June end. My mom always complains about it, how they have to start before Labor Day, and then just get another vacation. :laughno:   When I was in primary/secondary my school started after Labor Day, and she's forever thought that was the best thing since sliced bread!

But in those days there weren't all these crazy standardized tests, so no schedules to force-work around. Those good ol' days... (I sound like a geezer!)

Whoo-hoo! Missed last night because I started reading Ilona Andrews latest Cutting Edge book. I love this series I'm not a re-reader but I do re-read this one routinely.

Oops, missed the official mask party but I always do a mask as part of my Friday night ritual! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

So happy this thread is starting! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :) 

I took a picture with my mask on last night and then got too caught up in my homework, perhaps I'll post it now.

Oh no! That does not sound good at all!
At first it was all fine and dandy, about 5 minutes in my face started tingling by minute 8 I thought my face had literally caught on fire! So I took it off as fast as I could and my entire face was hot pink and the burning was still there so I put my entire face in the sink covered in water and that didn't even help. You should have seen me, it was quite the sight!

Oh yeah, I should probably add that it was the Freeman Rose mask.

It's been such a long frustrating week. I fully intend to spend my day watching Supernatural (full series rewatch, prepping for the new season) and doing a face mask (Michael Todd Pumpkin!) and probably reading (Mindy Kaling's book!)  I should do some cleaning....but that's crazy talk.

I had to work out of my normal area 2 days ago and stopped in a Asian grocery that had a beauty store inside  :w00t:   I purchased 10 Korean face masks, so I'm ready too :smilehappyyes:
Jealous! Our Asian market here has pretty much zero beauty products. It made me really sad, because I was so excited to go. So eBay and RoseRoseShop it is for me.

Whoo-hoo! Missed last night because I started reading Ilona Andrews latest Cutting Edge book. I love this series I'm not a re-reader but I do re-read this one routinely.
Is it bad that this comment makes me want to watch the movie "Cutting Edge"? Loved that movie. Toe pick!

Back