MUT NEST (All-purpose year-round chat!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At first it was all fine and dandy, about 5 minutes in my face started tingling by minute 8 I thought my face had literally caught on fire! So I took it off as fast as I could and my entire face was hot pink and the burning was still there so I put my entire face in the sink covered in water and that didn't even help. You should have seen me, it was quite the sight!

Oh yeah, I should probably add that it was the Freeman Rose mask.
I've heard multiple people say this about that mask! Sad, because I wanted to try it, but I would like to keep my facial skin. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Jealous! Our Asian market here has pretty much zero beauty products. It made me really sad, because I was so excited to go. So eBay and RoseRoseShop it is for me.

Is it bad that this comment makes me want to watch the movie "Cutting Edge"? Loved that movie. Toe pick!
Cutting Edge was one of my favorite movies back in the day! I loved me some DB Sweeney! He hasn't aged as well as I would have liked, but then again neither have I, lol.

I am spending the day organizing my newly aquired scarves--I bought a zillion during Forever 21's clearance sale--with the extra 50% off and a discount code they sent me for not having spent $ there in a while, they were $1-$2 each...and shipping was free at $50, so you can guess I got a little carried away! Oh well, they are a lot cheaper than my usual statement necklaces and also serve to turn the most basic outfit into something a bit special.

I just popped in a DVD of Stargate SG1--such a silly series, but I got a zillion DVDs of it for $5 on EBay, so my non cable supplied house appreciates them greatly!

This week was brutal. Today is all about relaxing! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Spent the morning in bed with the puppy watching Dogs 101. Boyfriend made me bacon & cinnamon rolls (with sprinkles!). Finally got up & took a super long shower. Face mask. Hair mask. Fixed my eyebrows. Painted my nails. 

Now Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is on, so I'm watching that & working on some long overdue swatches & reviews for the blog. 

The only reason I MIGHT leave the house today is to get something for dinner, but takeout sounds more appealing!

This week was brutal. Today is all about relaxing! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Spent the morning in bed with the puppy watching Dogs 101. Boyfriend made me bacon & cinnamon rolls (with sprinkles!). Finally got up & took a super long shower. Face mask. Hair mask. Fixed my eyebrows. Painted my nails. 

Now Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is on, so I'm watching that & working on some long overdue swatches & reviews for the blog. 

The only reason I MIGHT leave the house today is to get something for dinner, but takeout sounds more appealing!
Ugh. Brutal weeks are the worst! My week was also brutal! I relaxed a bit last night, I have a little bit of homework I need to do today and I'm going to a White Sox game tonight!

I meant to get out of bed and go running, but then it became noon magically, and I didn't go running :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Maybe I'll just order Jimmy John's and start my running tomorrow. Tomorrow was going to be the day anyways.

But hooray for relaxation! I have a ton of things going on this weekend but everything is fun :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I *was* going to go shopping in search of sandals and a top to wear with a skirt I have right now from Gwynnie Bee to wear to a wedding next weekend, and then I decided to go into the Room of Doom and see if I could find these awesome Merrill sandals I picked up a few years ago (success!), and I discovered a *lot* of adorable summery stuff I put in there a few years ago and forgot about, including a dress I could wear to the wedding!  Except I'm too pasty to expose my arms and legs in August, and the skirt I have decided on is so long I have to roll it up in order to not walk on it, so I can even NOT SHAVE MY LEGS and wear it.  And I have a top that goes with it, too, so now I just need a pedicure because I am *not* willing to have un-pedi'd toes exposed to the world.  And I found a second dress I could wear to a dressier-than-jeans function in autumn or winter, if hell should happen to freeze over and I needed such a garment.

OMG, YOU GUYS!  The mail just came and went (no Summerswap package, in case my buddy was wondering, but it's possible it will come by with another postal carrier), and I received my refund from the Birchbox/Women's Health collaboration AND MY SQUAREHUE BEVERLY HILLS COLLECTION!  Let's find some scissors and see what's in this box...

Ugh. Brutal weeks are the worst! My week was also brutal! I relaxed a bit last night, I have a little bit of homework I need to do today and I'm going to a White Sox game tonight!

I meant to get out of bed and go running, but then it became noon magically, and I didn't go running :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Maybe I'll just order Jimmy John's and start my running tomorrow. Tomorrow was going to be the day anyways.

But hooray for relaxation! I have a ton of things going on this weekend but everything is fun :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Get me Jimmy Johns and I'll be your BFF, for life! I used to live across the street from JJ...now I am a 45 minute drive from the nearest one. I could just cry. :'(

Get me Jimmy Johns and I'll be your BFF, for life! I used to live across the street from JJ...now I am a 45 minute drive from the nearest one. I could just cry. :'(
I work in a building without a Jimmy Johns but with a Potbelly in the lobby.  There's a JJ a few blocks away, but if I'm grabbing a sandwich, it's because I don't have time to venture outside of the building for lunch, so I've developed quite a fondness for Potbelly! 

Yesterday, a coworker and I went to Sephora and Macy's for foundation samples so I can find something new that I can buy in a physical store here (Pretty & Cute is discontinuing Missha!  *sob*), and we stopped in a cafe I had never been in before to grab sandwiches to take back to our desks:  Cafe Portlandia (note:  this is the real Portlandia:  They have fries made from FRESH POTATOES WITH THE SKINS ON.  Oh, yes.  And it's in the corner of the municipal services building, so it's not super busy, but it's really open and airy.  I think we're going to be going there for lunch a lot now when we just need some peace and quiet.  None of the other places we usually go for lunch are very calm, but this place was just magically soothing.

Um.  Perhaps I should have some breakfast.  I've already been up for three hours and have only had coffee!

Every time someone at my boyfriend's work orders Erberts & Gerberts, they get a card. Once you collect 25 cards, you get a free party platter! I think the intention is for that employee to share with the rest of the crew or something, but my boyfriend works nights alone so there's never anyone else there. 

Anyway, he has 25 so we're ordering a party platter today. Just for the two of us! Food for days. 

Every time someone at my boyfriend's work orders Erberts & Gerberts, they get a card. Once you collect 25 cards, you get a free party platter! I think the intention is for that employee to share with the rest of the crew or something, but my boyfriend works nights alone so there's never anyone else there. 

Anyway, he has 25 so we're ordering a party platter today. Just for the two of us! Food for days. 
I'm coming over.

Oh, Erberts & Gerberts...  I used to love their Bony Billy!  The last time I went there to get a Bony Billy, they took the sprouts off the sandwich, so I haven't been there in a few years.  I'm not able to find sprouts in the places I grocery shop and I really miss them for my sandwiches.  Is that just in my area?  Or are sprouts just non-existent since they had the (whatever kind of) bacteria scare years back?

My latest bag.  This could be the cutest yet I think.

fish.jpg
So Cute!!!

Is it bad that this comment makes me want to watch the movie "Cutting Edge"? Loved that movie. Toe pick!
Yessssss best movie EVER.

I'm sort of sick today so really really laying low.  So far I have slept, eaten lunch, and that is it.  If I'm really feeling ambitious I might take a bubble bath tonight  :rolleyes:

Oh, Erberts & Gerberts...  I used to love their Bony Billy!  The last time I went there to get a Bony Billy, they took the sprouts off the sandwich, so I haven't been there in a few years.  I'm not able to find sprouts in the places I grocery shop and I really miss them for my sandwiches.  Is that just in my area?  Or are sprouts just non-existent since they had the (whatever kind of) bacteria scare years back?
I ordered from Jimmy John's online the other day and when I went to add sprouts to my sandwich this WARNING box popped up basically telling me that if I added them, I was eating them at my own risk & they weren't responsible for any sort of illness that may occur. I like to live on the edge, so I added them anyway! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But I think there was a while there where they weren't carrying sprouts at all. And it looks like Erbs doesn't have them anymore either. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ETA: Bony Billy is my fave too! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I glad I've never heard of Erberts & Gerberts?

Today, I'm headed over to Hawthorne, which is kind of like Portland's Shattuck, for people familiar with Berkeley.  The street was once named Asylum Avenue because the state's first mental hospital was located there.  It was renamed about twenty years after it was renamed Asylum Avenue because residents found it "distateful," so they went with Hawthorne, after one of the founders of the hospital.  I think the hospital building itself is now Western Seminary. 

ANYWAY.  _Guardians of the Galaxy_ at the Bagdad, a haunted theatre!  Perhaps a stop in the Hawthorne Powell's!  I love Powell's, but I will not step in the main store during the summer due to the fact that it's pretty much our number one tourist destination, and I just don't have that kind of patience.  Maybe I'll hit the Waffle Window.  And Escential.  And Nick's Famous Coney Island.  I keep meaning to try Blue Star Donuts, so maybe today is a good day to do so.  I'm not up to the Space Room today, though.  That end of the street needs an entire day built around it.  And advance written notice to your liver.

So...  I just totally gave you a good non-touristy Portland afternoon plan!  If anyone wants to come to town and have a personal tour guide for the area, I'm totally up for it!  Hawthorne is about five minutes (not including looking for parking) from my apartment, so I end up there pretty much every weekend because it's *right there* and on the way to a lot of things for me.

You guys are really making me want a sandwich.....

I should really clean my house and do laundry, but I went grocery shopping and that was just about all the motivation I could muster for the day. Think I'm gonna run to costco for wine then relax with a movie tonight.

I ordered from Jimmy John's online the other day and when I went to add sprouts to my sandwich this WARNING box popped up basically telling me that if I added them, I was eating them at my own risk & they weren't responsible for any sort of illness that may occur. I like to live on the edge, so I added them anyway! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But I think there was a while there where they weren't carrying sprouts at all. And it looks like Erbs doesn't have them anymore either. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ETA: Bony Billy is my fave too!
I'm lucky enough to be 2 blocks from a JJ's and yep, sprouts went away for awhile. I kinda like the warning label now, as I too like to live dangerously ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Back