MUT NEST (All-purpose year-round chat!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent today getting all the kids rooms neat and tidy. We took a lunch break for sushi and just now finished everything. Tonight we all plan to sit around and watch Mighty Ducks...gotta love netflix!

*Oh and drink wine till the bottle's gone, with the hubby's help it should be easy!

Last edited by a moderator:
And without knowing this thread existed yet, this morning I used one of the seven second refrigerator masks from the Membox Mask 4 (which was SUPER refreshing).  It was meant to be!
I haven't tried anything from my Mask 4 box yet! I'm excited to dive into it. 

I know I'm late to the party but I have a JJ's story!!!

The one closest to my house is notoriously bad. Always messing things up, making you wait 20 minutes when there's no one else in the store, etc. Which makes me so sad because I LOVE JJ's and the one by my work is really great! Anyway! Went there to pick up dinner last week, and they were out of BREAD. So Nick gets them with the wheat bread, unaware that the wheat bread is nothing like the regular bread, AND they charged us for the wheat bread when we had no choice!

I tweeted JJ's about it and they reached out to me asking for my info - and yesterday I got a gift card in the mail from them! I don't usually complain to actual companies unless they really screw up. But I thought it was nice of them to send a gift card so we can get sandwiches on them - at a different JJ's where they actually have bread!!!

And @@puppymomofthree you had nothing to worry about! Your gifts were perfect!! Sorry it took me forever to write up the reveal!

In other news do they make masks for your body...because I am sore from washing cars all day and I still feel crappy from enjoying myself too much last night at the MudHens game. So I would really love to have a full body mask right now lol

Spent today getting all the kids rooms neat and tidy. We took a lunch break for sushi and just now finished everything. Tonight we all plan to sit around and watch Mighty Ducks...gotta love netflix!

*Oh and drink wine till the bottle's gone, with the hubby's help it should be easy!
I looooovvvveeee the Mighty Ducks movies! My favorite is the 2nd one <3 

I've never seen the 2nd one, but the kiddos loved the first one! Good to know the next one is good too, maybe next weekend we'll watch the 2nd one.

It's been such a long frustrating week. I fully intend to spend my day watching Supernatural (full series rewatch, prepping for the new season) and doing a face mask (Michael Todd Pumpkin!) and probably reading (Mindy Kaling's book!)  I should do some cleaning....but that's crazy talk.
I totally just watched Supernatural seasons 1-8 in like 2 weeks, and I'm going to watch season 9 next week.

Also I made a salted caramel milkshake today, my back is tweaked for no known reason, and it's hot as hell here. I think that qualifies me to be ready for this thread! I'm sad I don't have a mask though   :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think @@meaganola mentioned she was watching Hemlock Grove, so I started it and finished both seasons in 4 days. I'm always looking for great shows on netflix, we refuse to have "real" tv in the house, netflix and pbs fill the void. I'll have to check out Supernatural...I loved The Fall, Continuum and Hell on Wheels.

Heh.  Yeah, that was me!  I'm not sure I would call _Hemlock Grove_ *good*, though.  Fun, sure.  Trashy, absolutely! 

And my brain is completely fried right now.  I've been sitting here thinking that I desperately need to go to bed now because I'm completely drained, and it's not even 9pm yet.  I need to drink some more water and eat something before I go to bed anyway. 

I almost gave up after the 2 episode, but I came back for more =) 

I've been watching "Lost Girl" on Netflix. They just added new episodes and I'm bummed that I only have one left lol. I think I need to add Hemlock Grove to my list of things to watch.

Continuum keeps showing up in my feed of things they think I will like. So it's something else on my radar. I've still got a little bit left of the series "Numb3rs" and I'm halfway or so through "Fringe", then I think I'll start something new once they are finished.

Love Supernatural!

I watched the first season of Continuum and really enjoyed it!  I love science fiction, and I especially love time travel stuff.  I haven't gotten around to the second season, though.  Or maybe I watched a few episodes and then got distracted with something else.  Actually, I'm pretty sure I watched part of S2 because I remember there being a big time gap (not like time travel.  More like a year had passed, maybe?) between S1 and S2, and I vaguely recall that one of sci fi tv's favorite Vangroover-based actors -- Nicholas Lea, maybe? -- became a regular cast member.  Or at least recurring.  Maybe I'll watch S2 starting from the beginning when I'm done with S3 of Teen Wolf.  Then by the time I'm done with S2 of Continuum, S4 of Teen Wolf will be over, and then I can powerload that one!  Or maybe (more likely) I'll get distracted by something completely different and forget all about this post.

I think @@meaganola mentioned she was watching Hemlock Grove, so I started it and finished both seasons in 4 days. I'm always looking for great shows on netflix, we refuse to have "real" tv in the house, netflix and pbs fill the void. I'll have to check out Supernatural...I loved The Fall, Continuum and Hell on Wheels.
Yes Supernatural is awesome. Although if you're like me and don't like scary stuff you kind of have to slog through the first season. They go in a different direction after that, but the first season is pretty scary. Although I couldn't get through Hemlock Grove for that reason, so I'm sure you'll be good!

Hemlock Grove is kind of like Netflix wanted to do a hybrid of Supernatural and True Blood:  Young attractive men plus a whole lot of sex and gore. 

BTW, I remember someone on MUT saying that they went to a Guardians of the Galaxy preview, and there was no stinger at the end.  I saw it today.  There's totally a stinger at the end.  People applauded it more than (I don't think this should be considered a spoiler since it *is* a Marvel movie) Stan Lee's cameo.

Yes Supernatural is awesome. Although if you're like me and don't like scary stuff you kind of have to slog through the first season. They go in a different direction after that, but the first season is pretty scary. Although I couldn't get through Hemlock Grove for that reason, so I'm sure you'll be good!
I really miss the first couple of seasons of Supernatural! I will watch it til the end, but I liked the first few seasons so much better than the last few. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

At first it was all fine and dandy, about 5 minutes in my face started tingling by minute 8 I thought my face had literally caught on fire! So I took it off as fast as I could and my entire face was hot pink and the burning was still there so I put my entire face in the sink covered in water and that didn't even help. You should have seen me, it was quite the sight!

Oh yeah, I should probably add that it was the Freeman Rose mask.
OMG iI had a freeman's paper mask do the same thing to me. and the sad part is I used it in the morning before going to Disney that day. (lots of sun screen was applied that day) I've never had a reaction to anything like that before.  I will say after the redness and swelling went down my skin felt really clean but also like the top few layers were burned off. Now I get worried about trying new masks.  I hope you feel better now.  

Back