MUT NEST (All-purpose year-round chat!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm starting Once Upon a Time on Netflix.  I got to around halfway through the first season when it was airing on TV and loved it but then fell behind and just never caught up.  So I'm starting over. Got through 6 episodes over the weekend.  It would have been more if I hadn't been sick and sleeping most of the time. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back home after going to work and it looked like a scene from ET. Lots of huge plastic tubes and machinery going into the entrance. I went to a second entrance it was crazy. Apparently, on Saturday, after a huge storm, a flash flood of sorts went storming through our building. The building engineer said it was around 300,000 gallons of water. Everything is gross and stinky. My boss said we could work from home for the next couple of days while it gets cleaned up. 

I'm allergic to mold and now I'm terrified that it will be an issue.

Okay, mini rant. So I might be crazy but I swear to GOD every single time I walk into Benefit there's like a million people who work there standing around and when I ask to get my brows waxed they say they're completely booked. They're just standing around. And they always ask me to come back tomorrow. It takes maybe 5 minutes to wax brows what's the big deal.

Rant over.

Today I bribed myself with sushi and crab legs buffet before facing WalMart Super Center. I hate shopping WalMart and avoid it when possible, but sadly they have the best produce dept. in my piddlysquat town. My husband's birthday is on the 8th and he requested a BD dinner that requires some Wallyworld ingredients. Happy to say I never got anywhere close to H&B section, so it was a grocery only trip.

I just got my new macbook charger after a week of not being able to use the internet at home!! Woohoo! It was a looong week. I may be a bit of a technology addict....Anyway, I'm glad this chat thread is open now!

I have a non-beauty-related query that maybe some of you can help with... I'm trying to get into working out from home since I never seem to be able to drag myself anywhere once I get in my apartment after work, so does anyone have any, like, exercise youtube videos or something that they like? I am super out of shape, so nothing too intense please....Also poor, so no real DVDs I have to order and pay for.

I made a very startling discovery last night:  I have a HUGE love for Alice in Wonderland.  My earliest memory is of being in the middle of reading that book.  Perfume oil, eyeshadow, tarot cards -- if it's Alice, I want it.

Last night, I was wondering if Oscar was a Russian Blue or what.  (I swear this is all related).  So I went and asked Professor Wikipedia.  Hmm...  The physical characteristics of Russian blues don't seem to fit this guy.  But, hey, look, it links to British Blues.  Yeah, that totally looks like Oz.  The I Can Has Cheezburger kitty is also a British Blue, and he looks a lot like that one, too.  And British Blues are a variety of British Shorthair.  Mystery solved!

The connection:  Tenniel based his artwork for the Cheshire Cat on a British Shorthair.  This explains *so much*.

And now, Oscar being VERY VERY ANNOYED at the concept that he may some day be required to get off of the top of the fridge (spoiler because it doesn't want to be resized any smaller):

dc488e5f-27c3-4d87-878e-7d8d21860169_zps844fd23b.jpg

ETA:  (I can't believe I totally accidentally adopted a Cheshire Kitty.  Also, that photo makes him look a *lot* thinner than he actually is.  He weighs about twenty pounds.  I'm going to have to buy another carrier before the next trip to the vet.)

Last edited by a moderator:
@@jayeme Do you have netflix streaming? They have lots of workout media, and if you hate it, you didn't shell out any $$.

@@jayeme Do you have netflix streaming? They have lots of workout media, and if you hate it, you didn't shell out any $$.
Sadly I don't, although I've been thinking about changing that...this could be the push I need! Maybe I'll see if my brother wants to split it with me. You can view it on 2 devices at once, right?

Yes, we do that all the time. We don't have normal cable tv  and it works well for us. 

Yeah the basic Netflix subscription is able to be used on 2 devices at the same time (you can pay extra to get up to 4, but our house we just do the regular one).

It's like 12:22 and I am kind of tired...but I just drank a chocolate malted a bit ago and I feel like I won't be able to sleep for hours o_O

Anyone who has Netflix/Hulu Plus / a friends HBO Go account neeeeds chrome cast. It's truly beautiful.

Anyone who has Netflix/Hulu Plus / a friends HBO Go account neeeeds chrome cast. It's truly beautiful.
Kind of interesting. It's an Apple TV for the non apple people.
I avoid Microsoft since the laptop that lasted 5 minutes so if it doesn't work seamlessly with my devices... My poor kids don't own lego movie because it come with ultraviolet. I'm just going to have to buy it on iTunes but it would be nice to have a disc too.

I'm not a part of the summer swap and I'm pretty new to the community, but I've been stalking your reveal threads and this looks pretty awesome. I'm hoping that I can join in on the fun come Secret Santa time, but in the meantime, am I still allowed to hang out here and get to know everybody a little bit more?

I also have to go back to the sandwich discussion and throw in my two cents. Anyone else out there a Jersey Mikes fan? It's soooo delicious. There's one right by my work and I go there so much that I don't even have to order when I walk in - they just make my sandwich.

I'm not a part of the summer swap and I'm pretty new to the community, but I've been stalking your reveal threads and this looks pretty awesome. I'm hoping that I can join in on the fun come Secret Santa time, but in the meantime, am I still allowed to hang out here and get to know everybody a little bit more?

I also have to go back to the sandwich discussion and throw in my two cents. Anyone else out there a Jersey Mikes fan? It's soooo delicious. There's one right by my work and I go there so much that I don't even have to order when I walk in - they just make my sandwich.
welcome!! yes thats the whole point -- anyone and anyone can join :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

we have a jersey mikes (a few of them actually) here in WI but i've never been!

I'm in love with their cheesesteaks, with bacon of course. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh. Em. Gee. I should be thinking about sticking to my failed dieting attempts (*laughs*)  instead of drooling over that menu.

I feel like I did a RIp Van Winkle and slept for a few months.  It is August, in California, and it is cloudy and raining outside.   <_<

I'm not sure what happened to Summer!  This weather is making me feel like I need to hibernate.  Time to break out the hot cocoa and blankets.  I guess the weather gods are trying to make it easier for me to stay inside and write my thesis???

Ugh, JUST received a call that my son has another T-Ball makeup game tonight - AND team pictures!  Guess I better go do some laundry!  

I wouldn't be annoyed, but this is the one day that's going to be OH SO HOT outside and I don't feel like offering myself as a meal for the bugs tonight!

*grumpgrumpgrump*

Sadly I don't, although I've been thinking about changing that...this could be the push I need! Maybe I'll see if my brother wants to split it with me. You can view it on 2 devices at once, right?
You can have a Netflix account for up to 3 households. I absolutely love Netflix...and my Roku. We have 2 Samsung blu-ray players, but they are terrible at streaming and buffer constantly (plus, they don't work with Amazon Prime). I've had minimal issues with my Roku, and have actually purchased a second one.

Guys, is it Secret Santa time yet? :santa:

I feel kind of empty not having someone to stalk and buy things for. For now I'm just spoiling all of the people I swap with rotten to fill the void... (dramatic, I know!)
Tell me about it. I want to stalk someone again...and have an excuse to shop. So much fun!

Latest posts

Back