MUT NEST (All-purpose year-round chat!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hemlock Grove is kind of like Netflix wanted to do a hybrid of Supernatural and True Blood: Young attractive men plus a whole lot of sex and gore.

BTW, I remember someone on MUT saying that they went to a Guardians of the Galaxy preview, and there was no stinger at the end. I saw it today. There's totally a stinger at the end. People applauded it more than (I don't think this should be considered a spoiler since it *is* a Marvel movie) Stan Lee's cameo.
Yeah Hemlock Grove is just not my thing. I read an article about it though that said it's directed at a very niche horror audience they apparently have, and it's not supposed to have mass appeal like OITNB and House of Cards.
Also my uber nerdy fandom friend told me that there was no scene after the credits in Guardians for the premieres but it is in the regular movie. It figured that my friend knew that sort of thing! I'll give her a shoutout, she runs an Instagram account called tinytravelingtardis where they take photos of a tiny Tardis in various locations all over the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to know I should stay all the way through the end of Guardians of the Galaxy. I think I'm going Wednesday. Monday is pedicure night, Tuesday my roommate has a date, Wednesday is guardians of the galaxy.

My JJ order is a number 6 no mayo always. Always always always. So killer.

I went to a white sox game tonight and drank two frozen margaritas and had chicken fingers. Health out the window.

Lolla's tomorrow, and I doubt anything will be healthy there either. But at least I get to put on some kind of music festival chic clothing/makeup on?

Oh! And I thought about hemlock grove but I want to finish the west wing first. I'm in season 6, so not much longer! I just love it so much though! I never want it to end!

I'm re(re-re-re)-watching Buffy!  Inca Mummy Girl FTW!
I'm watching buffy for the very first time. I'm not sure how i didn't watch this in high school. i know all my friends watched it.  So far I'm loving it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

as for netflix suggestions  I recently watched chuck and loved it!!! as well as Sons of Anarchy (this is the one show we watch at my house. we don't have cable so when it is on we hunt down a live stream to watch it live  so sad this is the last season.) 

I really miss the first couple of seasons of Supernatural! I will watch it til the end, but I liked the first few seasons so much better than the last few. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
So much this.  I was just telling a friend today that I really hope that this is the final season so they can close that universe.  I've been saying that for years, though.  It should have ended at least three seasons ago.  I did like the Leviathan arc in, what, S7?  But I watched that as a commentary on manufactured food in general and high fructose corn syrup in particular, so it kept my attention for different reasons than most people were watching it.

(And if you ever get the chance to watch a movie called _Moving Alan_ featuring Misha Collins, do not do it.  I saw it at a film festival in 2003, and he was literally the only thing I have anything to say not-bad about that movie.  It was so awful that years later, it was a bonding experience for people who had been at the screening.  The lights went up, and we all sat there kind of stunned at how horrible it was.  Mark Pellegrino was in it as well playing the titlular Alan, but he didn't have much of a role since he spent most of the film playing a dead body.  During the Q&A with the producer, we found out one of the reasons it was so bad:  It was going to be a very dark black comedy, and a certain character's storyline was going to go a certain way.  Halfway through filming, 9/11 happened, and they decided to make it an uplifting and happy movie and completely change that certain character's storyline.  It didn't work.  It *did* make the audience at the screening -- all ten of us -- angry.  It looks like it showed at a few film festivals and then vanished without even a video release in the US.  And there's a damned good reason for that.)

We've been watching Continuum and Witches of East End. We watched the first Sleepy Hollow and that final scene freaked me out and we stopped watching. My husband also went on a bike ride that afternoon on a local "haunted road" with the kids and kept talking about a spooky house by the lake and eerie feelings.

I'm re(re-re-re)-watching Buffy!  Inca Mummy Girl FTW!
This is what I'm watching as well, but for the first time. I'm halfway through season 7, which is a bit of a struggle.

I'm thinking after I finish Buffy, I'll be re-watching Doctor Who...at least the first 4 seasons, since those are my favorite. Season 4 was amazing.

Yeah the last few seasons of Buffy get a little "what the....?" for me.  But that's the last season of almost every show for me.  Chuck, Buffy, Angel, Desperate Housewives... I don't know what it is, but the last (or last few) seasons just make me cranky.

@@meaganola Don't worry, I watched the Jumping the Shark episode on Nick at Nite's Block Party Summer one year thinking "wow, these are oldies".... cut to the year Full House was on the Block Party and I realized that I really wasn't that far removed from some of those "classic" TV shows. :lol:

Dropped a full bottle of body wash on my toe in the shower yesterday morning and managed to bruise and cut my big toe pretty bad.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   

I ended up with my toe bandaged and propped up with an ice pack on it for the rest of the day.  I decided to re-watch the last two seasons of Sherlock and sew quilt squares to make my self feel better.  I especially love season 3.  Can't wait for the new season to come out!!

I decided to re-watch the last two seasons of Sherlock and sew quilt squares to make my self feel better. I especially love season 3.
I am endlessly amused by the fact that the big bad guy on S3 is Lars Mikkelson.  Yes, he has a baby brother that you may be familiar with.  They have the same cheekbones.  I really want to get my hands on the original Danish version of _The Killing_.  Lars plays the guy campaigning for mayor. 

(And if it was a rainy, cool day today, I would be powerloading S4 of the American version right this minute.  I get too cranky when it's hot out and I'm watching something set in what amounts to Seattle in October -- because the Pacific Northwest is not *always* like that.  If it was, I wouldn't be as irritated by the world as I am right now! -- to be able to watch it because I WANT TO LIVE THERE.  And I do.  It's just not happening *now*.)

I've lost the ability to paint my nails. I did them the morning and I did such a bad job that I took it off. I tried again tonight and it doesn't look much better.

Just spent an hour depotting my random single eyeshadows, and I feel so accomplished because I only broke one! :lol: Luckily it was NYX, and I was able to salvage enough product to fix it, and be able to use it for some time still. I need to tackle my NARS singles, but both of them have broken already, so I want to be very gentle.

I'm going to try the dental floss method - has anyone used this successfully?

Now to make dinner. We're having Mexican casserole, so I guess I'll get some guacamole, although mine is only store-bought, and not as good as Chipotle! :lick:

ETA: Ah ha ha, I was reading this thread and the No-buy support thread, and mentioned Chipotle because I saw it over there! Whoops! Doesn't make the sentiment any less valid, though!

I am late to the party (just got back into town from a wedding in the bay area).

I love Jimmy Johns but sadly there are none in Southern California.  When I venture to Vegas I always make sure to hit up Jimmy John's.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Cooking bacon for breakfast tomorrow...1st day of school!!!!! I always make "Alien Pancakes" for the first day of school

Smiley-Alien-Pancakes.jpg

I am endlessly amused by the fact that the big bad guy on S3 is Lars Mikkelson.  Yes, he has a baby brother that you may be familiar with.  They have the same cheekbones.  I really want to get my hands on the original Danish version of _The Killing_.  Lars plays the guy campaigning for mayor. 

(And if it was a rainy, cool day today, I would be powerloading S4 of the American version right this minute.  I get too cranky when it's hot out and I'm watching something set in what amounts to Seattle in October -- because the Pacific Northwest is not *always* like that.  If it was, I wouldn't be as irritated by the world as I am right now! -- to be able to watch it because I WANT TO LIVE THERE.  And I do.  It's just not happening *now*.)
I can't even bring myself to start season four until I have a day with absolutely nothing else to do. Because, well, every single episode has a horrible horrible cliffhanger & I know I'm not going to be able to stop once I start!

I'm so excited to see Holder & his sweatshirt on my TV again! :wub:

Ahhhh forgot this thread was starting!! Ok so to catch up...yay love Dogs 101!! and sprinkles @ we are long lost twins!...jimmy johns and sprouts for the win!!! I've only been to erberts and gerberts 1x. I was drunk and told them it was my birthday so they gave me a free sandwich, I don't know if that is thing they do or not lol...and just started 3rd rock from the sun over again on hulu, love that show so much :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Still watching Buffy, lol.  I was a teenager when it came out (in fact, I was one year behind Buffy in school, so it was like a preview of what I could expect, minus the demons!) and now, watching as an adult, I am just so amazed at how they tackled social issues.  Your boyfriend got rude and treated you badly after the first time you slept together? It's because he lost his soul and became evil!  Your mom's new boyfriend is a horrible jerk? He's a crazy robot from the 50s!  Even though the reasons behind the issues were supernatural, they still showed an amazing amount of sensitivity and tact in dealing with them.

(lots of heavy thoughts this morning... lol)

Latest posts

Back