MUT NEST (All-purpose year-round chat!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stop making me want a dang sandwich!! 

I'm having caprese salad and some cantaloupe for dinner (which are my two favorite summery things) but now I just want either a Veggie or Vito from JJs. Sigh.

On the plus side, Im done with my errands and now it is pajama time until MONDAY. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've never had Jimmy John's. They only recently came anywhere near me (25-ish miles from me) and I always want to try it...but when I'm in that area I just completely forget it's there (the location just isn't convenient and doesn't stand out).

Ok, a JJ opened a year ago between my work and my house and I have never been--now you ladies have convinced me that my life will not be complete unless I stop one day next week and pick up food. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@ they have that warning because of the big sprouts/ecoli outbreak not too long ago. They had sprouts missing off their menus (at least in MKE, Chicago, DC, and Nashville - areas where I have entered a JJs sometimes to potty sometimes for food) over the past year or two if I recall correctly.

There's a jimmy johns right on my block and I pass it to class. I've stopped eating there because it makes me feel super bloated and disgusting!! But, I do love the tomatoes they use.

Ok, a JJ opened a year ago between my work and my house and I have never been--now you ladies have convinced me that my life will not be complete unless I stop one day next week and pick up food. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
It's so good! It's all "real" meats and cheeses, you don't choose your toppings like at Subway (which actually turns out well, because they are so well thought out...though, you can add and subtract things to a "default" sandwich) but it's the BREAD that makes it! So freakin' good. And they use roma tomatoes and not the spongey gross ones that you get other places. Gah.

Last edited by a moderator:
True Jimmy Johns story.  I was seriously addicted to their sandwiches when pregnant with my daughter (23 years ago, yes this dates me).  I went into labor before lunch, and at the time I was not a breakfast eater so I had not yet eaten anything that day.  By the time she was born the hospital cafeteria was closed and the maternity wing did not have anything held back that day.  I was starving and no food was to be found.  I made my husband (now ex, I wonder if this story is part of the reason why) leave his first born and I to venture out to get me a number 4, no tomato.  Oddly enough, my daughter was also addicted to JJ and the number 4 was her favorite as well.  On her very last birthday(19), she was in a hospital in Minneapolis (and in a coma) I made a point of eating a number 4 again in her honor.  They have never tasted the same to me.  I have sense had to switch to either a number 1 or a BLT with sprouts and cuke.

Speaking of tomatoes, look at my dinner, you guys. LOOK AT IT.  
1908031_10102063444432818_2594570201673014770_n.jpg

I don't really want to share any of it!

Don't share it! Keep all the tomatoes to yourself!!!

My boyfriend, his friends, and myself will be venturing off to the WI state fair this evening. I'm so pumped for fair food that it's kinda gross - I mean hello giant turkey leg, pork chop on a stick, GIANT CREAM PUFFS, and whatever cheesy goodness WI comes up with. The CA state fair will always be the best to me but I'm biased since I am from Sacramento and have too many fond memories of it. When my parents bought our house in Sacramento they won all the things from it via the fair in ONE YEAR - alarm system, water softener, a shopping spree at a furniture store, cable tv subscription, and mattresses. It was awesome. I wish I could be that lucky when I buy a home!

My boyfriend, his friends, and myself will be venturing off to the WI state fair this evening. I'm so pumped for fair food that it's kinda gross - I mean hello giant turkey leg, pork chop on a stick, GIANT CREAM PUFFS, and whatever cheesy goodness WI comes up with. The CA state fair will always be the best to me but I'm biased since I am from Sacramento and have too many fond memories of it. When my parents bought our house in Sacramento they won all the things from it via the fair in ONE YEAR - alarm system, water softener, a shopping spree at a furniture store, cable tv subscription, and mattresses. It was awesome. I wish I could be that lucky when I buy a home!
Ahhh yum! We're going to the state fair for work several times this week and I am so excited for some fair food, you don't even know!

How is the WI state fair? Hubby and I are state fair JUNKIES, we hit the Minnesota one at least 3 times when it's going on. I've gone every single year since I was 2. We've decided to start an annual "state fair" trip with the goal of hitting all of them, or at least the ones ranked in the top 10. Headed to iowa's on Thursday!!!

My latest bag.  This could be the cutest yet I think.

fish.jpg
This may be the cutest thing I have ever seen.  I am in the midst of planning an under the sea themed baby shower, and I have been obsessed with all manner of sea creatures as a result.

The best state fair of all is the Western Idaho State Fair. Every summer that was what we lived for. I did 4-H and horseback riding, so it was always horses all day, every day, with breaks to eat delicious food and ride some carnival rides in between. :wub:   The when I got older and discovered all the crafts and independent retailers' tents... heaven, I say.

And also, I get the feeling that this thread will make me really hungry (I too heart JJ - Turkey Tom no mayo, add dijon!), and use up my daily allowance of "likes."

And without knowing this thread existed yet, this morning I used one of the seven second refrigerator masks from the Membox Mask 4 (which was SUPER refreshing).  It was meant to be!

The best state fair of all is the Western Idaho State Fair. Every summer that was what we lived for. I did 4-H and horseback riding, so it was always horses all day, every day, with breaks to eat delicious food and ride some carnival rides in between. :wub:   The when I got older and discovered all the crafts and independent retailers' tents... heaven, I say.
One of my cousins and my other cousin's daughter do equestrian 4-h stuff. The 4-h youth fair is this coming week. Both do Western and English. My cousin's daughter is doing a clowning show also this year, that we are all excited to see on Wednesday.

We did Western for 4-H and then English for the Open shows, so I spent usually some time every day for the entire week of the fair. Those were some of the toughest competitions I ever participated in! Fair shows are serious business! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The clowning show sounds like a lot of fun - I don't remember seeing anything like that! My mom enters her quilts in the quilting show on occasion, and has also won some ribbons, but she doesn't like the time pressure to have something ready, so she isn't always exhibiting.

Back