sunimunni

Allure Sample Society October 2014 Spoilers and Discussion!

Sounds like a great box so far:

Bobbi Brown smoky eye mascara D/S (3ml) $16.80

Estee Lauder Enlighten Dark Spot Correcting Night Serum (1ml) $62

I have seen 1oz AND 1ml for the EL sample.   1ml makes more sense for a sample size (about .03 oz) but the $62 price tag fits the 1oz!  So confused!

Sounds like a great box so far:

Bobbi Brown smoky eye mascara D/S (3ml) $16.80

Estee Lauder Enlighten Dark Spot Correcting Night Serum (1ml) $62

Thanks for catching that JayneDoe13 - it should've been 1oz

Edited by Tobygirl

I'm excited about the spoilers! This is my favorite beauty sub. I did make the mistake of looking at what the allure sample society in Russia gets for 15usd I wish i could get one of their boxes!

• Like 1

Yeeeahh, not sure why SS e-mailed BOTH my accounts with the $5 off when it clearly states ANYONE who has EVER been a customer of SS can't use it. <_<  Like, I am so annoyed right now, really? who am I supposed to give it to, my old granny who doesn't use makeup?

• Like 4

Whee!  So happy about that coupon.  Got my mom and SIL all signed up using it.  I wish they did referrals but oh well.

Both :) I use it alone as a spot treatment in the am and with my philosophy serum at night. I've almost finished off the first bottle, it says 3 drops, but that doesn't seem to be enough for me.

ohh i'm almost through the first bottle too. maybe i should use more than two drops when i mix it. i've been using it with my philosophy moisturizer maybe i should use the paula's choice one i found in my cabinet this morning! i forgot where i got the sample ! i started to notice today a slight diminish in the redness and today was day 5 for me. my red marks are pretty dark. i should have done time lapse photos.!

I did do before photos so I can see how well it works. I just went on a cruise and was allergic to the soap or bleach from the towels. I broke out like crazy, as soon as we got home I cleared up, so I've lots of dark marks to work with %)

Did any of you ladies out there also see this mention of October's first spoiler! I hadn't seen anyone else mention it so I thought I should go ahead and start a thread for the October's box. We will be getting Bobbi Brown's Smokey Eye Mascara! What do y'all think? =)

took me a minute to realize that was english.

• Like 1

Yeeeahh, not sure why SS e-mailed BOTH my accounts with the $5 off when it clearly states ANYONE who has EVER been a customer of SS can't use it. <_<  Like, I am so annoyed right now, really? who am I supposed to give it to, my old granny who doesn't use makeup?

Yeah, it's such a tease...  

Let your friends/family/freinamy save $5 and we've just succeeded in making you into our marketing instrument, but no dollers off for you!!  Like to meet that marketing prodigy...

I am being forced to adopt an alias for the SS  :ph34r:.... 

Edited by FormosaHoney
  • Like 5

@@SaraP  and even if I did have trouble understanding someone's post, I would think it was so brave of them to post in a language they weren't familiar with!

Me either... That's why I put ??? :)

@@sunimunni  I didn't have any trouble with it at all!

Sorry about that. :/

She's clearly talking about the IG screenshot, guys. It took me a while to figure out what language it was, too. I HATE those ridiculous fonts, but maybe I'm just a boring old woman, haha :)

• Like 2

She's clearly talking about the IG screenshot, guys. It took me a while to figure out what language it was, too. I HATE those ridiculous fonts, but maybe I'm just a boring old woman, haha :)

Too funny! I reread the original post like 3 time wondering why on earth she thought this wasn't English!!

• Like 4

Confirmed on the Beauty bar Face Book page. We are getting the 30 ml (1 oz) bottle of the Estée Lauder.

I am having my daughter sign up with the coupon for a second box for me. I will reimburse her, but she always gets what I don't want. So she will make out with two Bobby Brown mascaras and maybe more. :)

• Like 4

OiiO, on 26 Sept 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

Too funny! I reread the original post like 3 time wondering why on earth she thought this wasn't English!!

I'm so old and out of it that I can't even figure out what fonts you're talking about! :P  (But I think IG means Instagram, right?)
  • Like 2

When you vlick the photo on the first post in this thread you can see the Instagram photo with bubbly lettering =) 

• Like 1

Found this on BeautyBar FB:

Correction! October #SampleSociety Spoiler #2 Estee Lauder Enlighten Dark Spot Correcting Night Serum deluxe-size is slightly smaller than the 30ml size we previously posted. Apologies for the miscommunication. To make it up to you, we'll be sharing spoiler #3 with you on Monday!

I hope it is enough for more than 1 use - I was really looking forward to trying this :)

• Like 1