Allure Sample Society October 2014 Spoilers and Discussion!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@Bflopolska "YOU WILL TAKE THIS MASCARA AND LIKE IT"

I'm getting a mascara in my second Birchbox and I'm so annoyed.  I get it, some months are better than others, but I have a Birchbox packed FULL of mascara *and* I keep qualifying for mascara studies for L'Oreal!  Oops!

I'm getting a mascara in my second Birchbox and I'm so annoyed.  I get it, some months are better than others, but I have a Birchbox packed FULL of mascara *and* I keep qualifying for mascara studies for L'Oreal!  Oops!
 On the plus side, all these mascaras mean I don't feel guilty about throwing out the ones that I hate.

Did any of you ladies out there also see this mention of October's first spoiler! I hadn't seen anyone else mention it so I thought I should go ahead and start a thread for the October's box. We will be getting Bobbi Brown's Smokey Eye Mascara! What do y'all think? =)
The fact that Bobbi Brown is in a sub box? Excites me!!

That fact that it's mascara? Eh...

The fact that it's her Smokey Eye mascara and not my fave of her's, Extreme Party mascara? Mega eh...

I love Bobbi but personally I've already found my holy grail mascara and it's YSL Babydoll. So basically, unless a sub box is going to send me that one (which is highly unlikely), I'm pretty turned off by mascara. I have enough mascara samples and even unopened full sizes (including even a full sized unopened Bobbi) to last me about a lifetime.

I feel like with Bobbi. Brown, she's known for her lipsticks, shadows, and concealers..... Not her mascara... I feel like sub boxes are to introduce people to brands, not just products. So, I really don't think mascara was the right Bobbi product to include.

I wish they would have put a Bobbi Brown fragrance in the box instead of mascara.  Bobbi Brown makes some of the best fragrances.  I die over Beach and Almost Bare is my go-to perfume.

I'm excited that Bobbi Brown is making it into our boxes but I will be passing this on to my mom. I have more than enough mascaras and plenty waiting to be opened.. and honestly I prefer drugstore mascaras because I feel like they work just as well if not better than higher end!! Clump crusher, loreal butterfly, and rocket are always in my mascara stash!

Man! I never qualify for any of those mascara studies.  :lol:

I'm still interested as of right now. Have probably a two year supply of mascara at least, but I've actually never tried Bobbi Brown.

Wow, did you see theres a coupon!!??  There's never been a coupon that I can recall!

5FORYOU is $5 off your box!

Does that mean that code is not for sample society?
It means I posted a Memebox comment in here on accident.   I'm getting old...

Oh, and yes, the coupon is for Sample Society.  I can't believe it!

Last edited by a moderator:
@@Saffyra That happens to me all time, I'll think I'm in one thread and really I'm in another =) It must be because everyone is so nice and always enabling!

I got my two mystery boxes today and they're excellent. I was slightly worried they would be 90% perfume or tiny moisturizers but they've got a reallt great mix of items: Butter polish, mini candles, along with several Alterna, Oscar Blandis and Murads.

I'm tempted to try Sample Society now that there is a $5 off coupon, but I don't want to subscribe if it will be headache to cancel. How easy is it to cancel Sample Society?

Back