Kookymama

Allure Sample Society November 2014 Spoilers and Discussion

One of the best parts about this box has always been the early spoilers. I think they stand to lose a lot of people not resubscribing if they don't continue the early spoilers, for fear of getting another box like last months.

Fingers crossed they post one today.

• Like 1

After last month's problems I was hoping they'd redeem themselves and I could sign up, but I need spoilers before I do...

May cancel sometime today due to lack of spoliers. I think this box has gone downhill. I was waiting for a black Friday Glossy box special like Tobygirl suggested. But I really like Nov's two spoilers. I need a really good deal for a years worth of Glossy box. I start my hunt today. Adios fellow SS Folks it will be rough letting this sub go, but I must.

You know that extra Sept box I got?  It is still sitting untouched...  And so is Octobers box except for the EL.  What does this tell me?  This box is not for me. 

Oh but I did give the extra Sept perfume sample away since it was unopened.  Dunno why I kept the other Sept perfume.  Maybe I will give that and Octobers perfumes to my daughter.

Edited by candes

Have they seriously not released another spoiler yet?!  I'm still waiting to see another item or 2 before I decided if I should resub or not.

I love M+G, but this new spoiler is not exciting to me at all. It's the MD Solarsciences Beauty Balm.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Not a terrible second spoiler but I don't think I'd spend $15 on this box so far. 

Ironically, an SPF 50 product is something my redheaded self can always use, but I still am not too torqued up about this spoiler. I have zero luck with sub boxes giving me tinted products that match skin tone. (And I understand why, but I'd just rather not get such things)

• Like 1

I cancelled. October was my 1st box and I got it for $10. I really don't feel this should be $15. It is a $10 box to me so far. Now if the $10 was points or cumulative and could be saved to use all at once in the shop then it might be worth it. i think I will save my $15 and go pick out a nice throw blanket at tj maxx instead.

• Like 2

I like the look of the MD Solarsciences BB Cream. I use their sun screen and like it, I'd love to try the BB Cream so I re-subscribed after canceling last month. I really hope it is the lighter of the 2 shades that is sent out since I have fair skin. I hope the other products are good, the last couple of boxes were not winners for me, but so far I am happy with the first 2 spoilers for this month.

I cancelled tonight, brother of these spoilers did it for me. If there's a fabulous third spoiler I may resub, disappointing last few months IMHO.

• Like 1

I cancelled today.  The spoilers are blah and I could use the $15 a month for something more exciting.

Unless the next spoiler is great, I won't be resubbing this month. I would like and use the body wash, but I never feel like high end body washes are any better than something I can pick up at Target. I have BB/CC cream samples coming out my ears, so I don't need another.

• Like 1

Not sure what is going on with this box.  After the first few months of the "new and improved", they set some really high expectations!  Last month was ok, but not exciting and this month is turning out to be pretty boring as well.  The brands are great, but the sample sizes look tiny.  Hopefully, the next spoiler will be a really good one!  Again, I figure it's only $15, but the first few months were so great, I just expect something a little better.  Not every month will be a win for everyone, but the spoilers should be way more exciting than this!

• Like 4

I'm a little cautious about the MD Solarsciences. Last time this brand was offered, I received a tube of nothing but air. Fortunately I like the Bergamot body wash. This is one of those things I'd buy as a treat if I were PMS-y or something; it's a nice item but I'm not going batcrap crazy over it.

• Like 1

They are starting to take the "sample" part off Sample Society really literally. I canceled before last month's box but I was really hoping to have a reason to resubscribe.

• Like 2

SS is breaking my heart, I LOVED this service for the longest and it deteriorating so quickly.  I unsubbed last month as soon as I found out about the Loreal and was hoping they would give me a reason to resub this month. But this stuff just doesn't fit the bill.

• Like 3

I can't figure out what is going on with this box. I unsubbed after September's box and it seems like they're on this insane downward spiral.  Unless the last two spoilers are incredible, there's no way this box has much value.  I can't help but wonder if they've had a sudden change of leadership and don't have someone who can reel in the 'luxe' brands.  

Malin and Goetz is a great brand, but that teeny size is the pits.  The first few boxes after their revamp had me so excited and I thought they might end up being the best sub box out there.  Gee whiz, how quickly things changed.  

I'm also surprised everyone's dashboards haven't been updated yet, since it used to be up the first day or so of the month.  I'm guessing they've lost a ton of subscribers, but they sure don't seem to be doing much to lure people back in.    

• Like 1

It's Freaking Allure!!! They have to have some pull in the market!?!?! 

• Like 5